• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Unrest in Venezuela - Lebanese are coming back

• Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    LOL @ the pro-Trump imbeciles on this forum struggling to find justification for US intervention in Venezuela. (Maduro is actually bad, Lebanese in Venezuela hate Maduro, my friends want Madura out... bla bla bla)

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    LOL @ the pro-Trump imbeciles on this forum struggling to find justification for US intervention in Venezuela. (Maduro is actually bad, Lebanese in Venezuela hate Maduro, my friends want Madura out... bla bla bla)
    Just so I’m clear, you’re referring to @Genius , @Muki and me when you’re saying pro-Trump?

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Just so I’m clear, you’re referring to @Genius , @Muki and me when you’re saying pro-Trump?
    I don't waste my time here anymore. Trolls and disturbed souls. Shou hal zmek haida lol

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    EU countries recognize Juan Guaido as Venezuelan interim president

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    EU countries recognize Juan Guaido as Venezuelan interim president
    i do not think maduro will last long. there are some fundamental differences with the syrian scenario..

1. largest oil reserves. actually we could stop here, no need to proceed. the USA will not let that go one way or the other. but i will list the other reasons just for fun :p
    2. venezuela is not in the russian backyard.
    3. no regional key players could or would provide maduro with a life line if the country falls into a civil war.
    4. the uprising is conducted by civilians, at least for now, no ISIS like ideologies in the horizon.
    5. unlike syria, the economy in venezuela crumbled long before the protests began.
    6. probably some vigilantes might travel from around the world to fight for maduro if a war breaks out, and probably some strategist masterminds, but these will be sent to harass the USA rather than back maduro, and still it wont make much difference.
    7. people are starving; and maduro is no kim ill sung, if the venezuelans get hungry enough they might very well eat him first :p

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    i do not think maduro will last long. there are some fundamental differences with the syrian scenario..

1. largest oil reserves. actually we could stop here, no need to proceed. the USA will not let that go one way or the other. but i will list the other reasons just for fun :p
    3. no regional key players could or would provide maduro with a life line if the country falls into a civil war.
    4. the uprising is conducted by civilians, at least for now, no ISIS like ideologies in the horizon.
    5. unlike syria, the economy in venezuela crumbled long before the protests began.
    6. probably some vigilantes might travel from around the world to fight for maduro if a war breaks out, and probably some strategist masterminds, but these will be sent to harass the USA rather than back maduro, and still it wont make much difference.
    7. people are starving; and maduro is no kim ill sung, if the venezuelans get hungry enough they might very well eat him first :p
    Very possible, especially as no international front seems to have taken shape to save him, and he is not that charismatic strong guy who has many hidden cards in his sleeves.

Still...A possible trick might be for him to resign and transfer power to a loyal and strong cabinet lead by a general with big popularity and bigger cajones, with the mission of conducting elections and ensure a democratic transfer of powers....We know a thing or two about such tricks...lol

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

add to that
    many in the army ( lower ranks) dont want to run afoul of the west

MOST IMPORTANT

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE LOVES USA AND LOOK UP TO IT, SO you wont see them upset if pro usa regime comes to power

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    add to that
    many in the army ( lower ranks) dont want to run afoul of the west

MOST IMPORTANT

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE LOVES USA AND LOOK UP TO IT, SO you wont see them upset if pro usa regime comes to power
    it is more like because all the people currently living in venezuela want to immigrate to the USA at one time or the other, and they fear that being on bad terms with the united states will hinder their plans :lol:

edit: including maduro lol

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Venezuela Propaganda Debunked - People Are Against Coup

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The History Boys 16: Venezuela, Maduro and Latin America

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

You are talking about the current uprising, I am talking about the past 20 years... history didn’t start last week. This is a perfect example of where an initially well intentioned populist (Chavez) starts populists programs that benefit the poor (great) and then 1) becomes a paranoid dictator seeing conspiracy everywhere, 2) badly mismanaging the economy and reducing his once prosperous country (admittedly with a lot of inequality) into a starving dictatorship, after passing the reigns of the country to an incompetent corrupt dictator.
    You prefer to blame all this on the غريب and on Bolton that has barely been in position for a year now, that’s fine. Maybe pigs do fly...
    You said it yourself, history didn't start last week. The U.S. has been working to destabilize Venezuela since Chavez.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So it looks like Russia will veto any US resolution regarding Venezuela.

They will stand by Maduro like they stood with Assad.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Calling bulls*** on Hezbollah in Venezuela

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    US have the right to launch a military operation in Venezuela, if they Venezuelan people ask.
    Isn't that what Russia said when they invaded Ukraine and annexed part of its territory?

The question is: Will Trump have the balls to go against the wishes of his idol and Presidentmaker?