• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.
  • We are back

Urgent inquiry about AUB's English Entrance Examination (EEE)

lebanese1

Legendary Member
Hello people!

Please can anyone tell me how is AUB's EEE test graded? How many points on each section? I know that to pass it, one should earn a score of 500 but I don't know out of how many points (500/1000, 500/700, 500/800???) !

Please try to help me as soon as possible if you can!

Thank you!

lebanese1

Legendary Member
I know that one should get a 550 to pass and avoid taking english courses and 500 to just pass with english courses needed. But 500/550 out of how many points?

FBM

I talked to someone in the office and the answer I got was "mafi 3a addech!"!:huh:

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaha typical hahahahahahahahaha just do your best then :) w inshalla khier !

Danny Z

Legendary Member
It is so frustrating :mad: I am anxious and I badly need to know!:dunno:

This EEE has been around for at least 25 years and nobody knows the score is out of how much, you can't come now and ask and try to get the answer, you go sit and do the exam either you pass or you don't. It tests your English knowledge there is nothing to study before the exam if you don't know the tenses you or the passive tense of the conditional you probably won't pass, it also tests your vocabulary knowledge.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
This EEE has been around for at least 25 years and nobody knows the score is out of how much, you can't come now and ask and try to get the answer, you go sit and do the exam either you pass or you don't. It tests your English knowledge there is nothing to study before the exam if you don't know the tenses you or the passive tense of the conditional you probably won't pass, it also tests your vocabulary knowledge.

Is it a mystery or what?:confused::huh: How come we know the TOEFL and SAT's scores are out of how much but not the EEE's?

paraquat

TOEFL is much easier that EEE since during EEE u will be sitting in Nicely 500 which is a big room with a lot of students. You cant concentrate in the listening part. I don't know if they have changed it since I did it back in 2001. But as far as I remember it was similar to TOEFL (paper based) which is out of 677.

nonsense

Legendary Member
lebanese1 you should be fine in doing the EEE. That's the impression I get from your posts. I've known quite a few people that passed it whose english was not at all better. Maybe a toefl book might be helpful.

Don't bother with what the total score is, it would be misleading if you knew it as we won't know how they'll score it...don't bother with it, good luck!!

Dalzi

Legendary Member
No one knows out of how much the score is?! Does anyone here know what type of questions the test includes (multiple choice, open ended...etc) and how many of them there are?

lebanese1

Legendary Member
No one knows out of how much the score is?! Does anyone here know what type of questions the test includes (multiple choice, open ended...etc) and how many of them there are?

120 multiple choice: 30 listening comprehension, 40 written communication, 50 reading comprehension + an essay to write

lebanese1

Legendary Member
TOEFL is much easier that EEE since during EEE u will be sitting in Nicely 500 which is a big room with a lot of students. You cant concentrate in the listening part. I don't know if they have changed it since I did it back in 2001. But as far as I remember it was similar to TOEFL (paper based) which is out of 677.

I hope it isn't out of 677 because the EEE is harder than the paper based TOEFL which is a piece of cake!

lebanese1

Legendary Member

Do you know if the essay is counted in the 677 in the EEE? In the paper based TOEFL, it isn't!