• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

US Elections 2020 - Presidential, Congressional and Local [TRUMP vs BIDEN]

Who do you support in the upcoming US elections?

• Donald Trump

• Joe Biden

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Viral

More arrogance and ignorance that will backfire and give Trump more boost.
Good job bright guys. Your standards are exemplary! Civility is what you excel at...

‘Don’t give him a platform!’: Liberals call to ‘boycott NBC’ after network announces Trump town hall clashing with Biden event​

1602701743054.png
Anti-Trumpers jumped to call for a boycott of NBC after the network said it would host a town hall with the president at the same time as Joe Biden’s event on ABC, following the cancelation of the second presidential debate.
The network, which has been vociferously opposed to Donald Trump, announced on Wednesday that the president will take part in an NBC News town hall event in Miami on Thursday.

This news ruffled quite a few feathers online, particularly given the fact it will happen at exactly the same time as the Democratic challenger’s own separate town hall, which will air on ABC, inevitably setting up a ratings war.
Trump’s critics derided the network for “rewarding” him with a “platform” after he had earlier decided to skip a virtual debate with Biden.
NBC’s mostly liberal viewership were outraged that the network could put the president’s town hall in direct competition with Biden’s – and were quick to air their dissent.
“It looks like I will be getting my election news from CNN from now on,” tweeted a user going by the Twitter handle ‘Liz is for Hillary’.
The network’s fans-turned-critics launched the hashtag #BoycottNBC, calling on viewers to switch channel.

Others dug through NBC’s backlog, trying to highlight the network’s history of supposed malpractice in providing the president with media coverage. Unsurprisingly, Trump’s notorious 2015 hosting of ‘Saturday Night Live’ featured a lot.

US conservatives, however, seemingly “couldn’t wait” to watch a solo Trump event without Biden plugged into it.
The second presidential debate was canceled after Trump refused to participate virtually and Biden refused to push back dates for an in-person event. The doomed virtual-format change was decided on by the Commission on Presidential Debates after the commander-in-chief tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this month.

Viral

@HalaMadrid So what do you think about Pelosi command performance? Makes us all proud..
Keep in mind this is nor FOX news, It's on your favorite channel CNN...

Nancy Pelosi's ridiculously over-the-top response to questions about the coronavirus stimulus​

(CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi isn't used to being questioned about her strategic decisions. And boy did it show in a hugely contentious interview with Wolf Blitzer on Tuesday, when the CNN anchor simply pressed Pelosi on her approach to a coronavirus stimulus package deal.
Here's how it started:
Blitzer: Even members of your own caucus, Madam Speaker, want to accept this deal, $1.8 trillion, Congressman Ro Khanna for example. But let met just quote Ro Khanna, a man you know well. I assume you admire him. He's a Democrat.
And he just said this. He said "People in need can't wait until February, $1.8 trillion is significant and more than twice the Obama stimulus. Make a deal, put the ball in McConnell court."
So what do you say to Ro Khanna?

Pelosi: What I say to you is, I don't know why you're always an apologist. And many of your colleagues, apologists for the Republican position. Ro Khanna, that's nice. That isn't what we're going to do and nobody's waiting till February.

It went downhill from there. Asked if she had spoken to President Donald Trump about the possibility of a coronavirus stimulus deal, Pelosi said she doesn't "speak to the President." Pressed on why not -- given the suffering of people in desperate need of a stimulus deal to keep their business open or pay their bills -- Pelosi responded this way: "What makes me amused if it weren't so sad, is how you all think that you know more about the suffering of the American people than those of us who are elected by them to represent them at that table."
Uh, OK.

Pelosi wasn't done. "Let me say this with all due respect, with all due respect, and you know we've known each other a long time, you really don't know what you're talking about," she said as Blitzer continued to ask why the $1.8 trillion deal proposed by the White House wasn't good enough.
And she ended the interview with snark -- telling Blitzer ,"Thank you for sensitivity to our constituents' needs" and then when he responded that he was aware of their needs because 'I see them on the street begging for food, begging for money,
" the Speaker of the House said this: "Have you fed them? We feed them, we feed them."
On the whole, it was a decidedly embarrassing performance by the Speaker of the House. And I'll note here that I believe Pelosi to be the best congressional strategist of her generation -- bar none.
But this was a disaster.
Pelosi's position in the interview appeared to be that Blitzer wasn't allowed to ask her any questions about her unwillingness to accept the White House's latest stimulus deal because, uh, he wasn't the one negotiating it? And that by asking basic questions -- like why she continues to hold out for what she believes to be a better deal and whether she has spoken with Trump -- that Blitzer was an "apologist" for Republicans. Say what?
What about the prominent Democrats Blitzer cited who have been pushing -- publicly and privately -- Pelosi to make a deal? Well, according to Pelosi they don't matter either because they aren't the ones negotiating it. (Sidebar: I am sure Pelosi's California colleague -- Ro Khanna -- appreciated her condescending "that's nice" comment about his support for a deal.)
This was all bad from Pelosi. Why? Maybe because she feels the pressure from her colleagues to find a way to "yes" on the stimulus package amid increasing signs that the economy badly needs another
shot in the arm. Maybe some other unknown reason. Or no reason at all.
But the point is this: If you are the Speaker of the House and agree to an interview in the midst of a contentious debate over a coronavirus stimulus package three weeks before a presidential election, you can't act surprised -- or outraged -- when you get asked about the coronavirus stimulus package and whether or not you've spoken to the President of the United States about it.
Those are not Republican apologist questions. They are fair ones. And ones that Pelosi should have been prepared to answer rather than snark at Blitzer and act as though he was doing something untoward.

Viral

So when Trump said the Post office were found dumping mail in the river, they called him liar, then they gave an even worse explanation: No proof there was ballots in the dumped mail...
Again, this is how our radical Cult minds process logic. Then they wonder why people want to stick out with Trump in spite of his flaws...They think everyone else is stupid or on dope...

Trash bags of undelivered mail found outside a postal worker's home in Pennsylvania​

1602723721571.png
Postal Service agents responded to a report of undelivered mail on Sunday outside the home of a postal employee in Pennsylvania.
(CNN)Special agents with the US Postal Service discovered undelivered mail in trash bags placed on the curb for pickup outside the home of a postal employee in Baldwin, Pennsylvania.
The agents with Postal Service's Office of Inspector General were responding to a report about undelivered mail on Sunday outside the employee's home. The employee works at the Mount Oliver post office, according to a statement from Postal Service.
"USPS OIG Special Agents recovered several different classes of mail, including business mail, flats, and small amount of first class mail," Special Agent Scott Balfour told CNN in a statement. "We expect to perform a piece count of the mail today, and make arrangements to have to mail delivered to customers as soon as feasible."
The employee was not named in the statement, but Balfour said he is currently on a non-duty and non-pay status.

"Once USPS OIG special agents conclude their investigation, the case will be presented for federal prosecution to the U.S. Attorney's Office," he said.
Balfour noted that the Postal Service has 630,000 employees and the majority are "hard-working, trustworthy individuals" who work around the clock to deliver the nation's mail. "Incidents of this nature are exceedingly rare when put into that context," he said.
Baldwin is a suburb of Pittsburgh while Mount Oliver is a small town that is completely surrounded the Pittsburgh city limits.

Another recent mail dumping incident​

Last week, the Justice Department charged a mail carrier in New Jersey for dumping mail.
According to a DOJ statement, 26-year-old Nicholas Beauchene was arrested and charged with one count of delay of mail and one of obstruction of mail. If found guilty of both charges, he faces up to five years and six months in prison and a $255,000 fine.
Court documents say that Beauchene has worked for the Postal Service since July. He's accused of dumping 1,875 pieces of mail in two dumpsters, one in North Arlington and the other in West Orange.
The mail in the North Arlington dumpster contained 98 general election ballots; mail found in the West Orange dumpster had one general election ballot. All of the mail, according to the DOJ, was eventually delivered.
Howard Dinger, a North Arlington resident, told CNN he found the mail sitting in a North Arlington dumpster, wrapped with rubber bands on October 2. He said he discovered it while throwing out his own trash and immediately called police.
CNN has reached out to Beauchene for comment. The New Jersey State Association of Letter Carriers union had no comment.

Viral

This is a must see! It's impartial assessment from an expert on economy exposing the pros and cons for both candidates economically and politicly.
The most important difference internationally is interventionism that the US can no longer afford but the Democrats love: Libya, Syria, Iraq...

Of course our Radical Left Cult will accept only Trump's cons. Mentioning Trump's pros makes you a terrible villain defender of Trump:cigar:

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
@HalaMadrid So what do you think about Pelosi command performance? Makes us all proud..
Keep in mind this is nor FOX news, It's on your favorite channel CNN...

Nancy Pelosi's ridiculously over-the-top response to questions about the coronavirus stimulus​

(CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi isn't used to being questioned about her strategic decisions. And boy did it show in a hugely contentious interview with Wolf Blitzer on Tuesday, when the CNN anchor simply pressed Pelosi on her approach to a coronavirus stimulus package deal.
Here's how it started:
Blitzer: Even members of your own caucus, Madam Speaker, want to accept this deal, $1.8 trillion, Congressman Ro Khanna for example. But let met just quote Ro Khanna, a man you know well. I assume you admire him. He's a Democrat.
And he just said this. He said "People in need can't wait until February, $1.8 trillion is significant and more than twice the Obama stimulus. Make a deal, put the ball in McConnell court."
So what do you say to Ro Khanna?

Pelosi: What I say to you is, I don't know why you're always an apologist. And many of your colleagues, apologists for the Republican position. Ro Khanna, that's nice. That isn't what we're going to do and nobody's waiting till February.

It went downhill from there. Asked if she had spoken to President Donald Trump about the possibility of a coronavirus stimulus deal, Pelosi said she doesn't "speak to the President." Pressed on why not -- given the suffering of people in desperate need of a stimulus deal to keep their business open or pay their bills -- Pelosi responded this way: "What makes me amused if it weren't so sad, is how you all think that you know more about the suffering of the American people than those of us who are elected by them to represent them at that table."
Uh, OK.

Pelosi wasn't done. "Let me say this with all due respect, with all due respect, and you know we've known each other a long time, you really don't know what you're talking about," she said as Blitzer continued to ask why the $1.8 trillion deal proposed by the White House wasn't good enough.
And she ended the interview with snark -- telling Blitzer ,"Thank you for sensitivity to our constituents' needs" and then when he responded that he was aware of their needs because 'I see them on the street begging for food, begging for money,
" the Speaker of the House said this: "Have you fed them? We feed them, we feed them."
On the whole, it was a decidedly embarrassing performance by the Speaker of the House. And I'll note here that I believe Pelosi to be the best congressional strategist of her generation -- bar none.
But this was a disaster.
Pelosi's position in the interview appeared to be that Blitzer wasn't allowed to ask her any questions about her unwillingness to accept the White House's latest stimulus deal because, uh, he wasn't the one negotiating it? And that by asking basic questions -- like why she continues to hold out for what she believes to be a better deal and whether she has spoken with Trump -- that Blitzer was an "apologist" for Republicans. Say what?
What about the prominent Democrats Blitzer cited who have been pushing -- publicly and privately -- Pelosi to make a deal? Well, according to Pelosi they don't matter either because they aren't the ones negotiating it. (Sidebar: I am sure Pelosi's California colleague -- Ro Khanna -- appreciated her condescending "that's nice" comment about his support for a deal.)
This was all bad from Pelosi. Why? Maybe because she feels the pressure from her colleagues to find a way to "yes" on the stimulus package amid increasing signs that the economy badly needs another
shot in the arm. Maybe some other unknown reason. Or no reason at all.
But the point is this: If you are the Speaker of the House and agree to an interview in the midst of a contentious debate over a coronavirus stimulus package three weeks before a presidential election, you can't act surprised -- or outraged -- when you get asked about the coronavirus stimulus package and whether or not you've spoken to the President of the United States about it.
Those are not Republican apologist questions. They are fair ones. And ones that Pelosi should have been prepared to answer rather than snark at Blitzer and act as though he was doing something untoward.
About her performance here and in general, I think Nancy Pelosi should listen to Ro Khanna and step aside for him and more people like him. Her time and way of governing and PR is long over. I do not think she should do so in favor of Donald Trump :)

But if Donald Trump wants to show us how terrible Nancy Pelosi is for not taking his deal, his solution is pretty simple, he’d force Mitch McConnell in the Senate to pass it first and hold Pelosi's feet to the fire. But I think he’s just a Mitch McConnell agent, and he blew up the talks kramet 3youn Mitch in the first place. So he’s not gonna do that, is he? He’s just gonna distract ya’ll with some populism about crazy nancy or how sleepy joe biden’s losing his mind while he does Mitch’s dirty work.

And here’s what I also think.

I think that while Donald Trump was busy going bankrupt and finding a new grift on NBC, the network that is, by the way, airing a townhall with him at the same time as biden's town hall instead of a debate because it gave into his demands (you know, that fake news media that created him and hates him), Nancy Pelosi was busy whipping votes in Congress against the Republicans' Iraq War that trump supported.

I also think that while Donald Trump was sustaining that grift and distracting everyone with some bullshit about a black man's birth certificate to set up his presidential run while appearing on mainstream TV non-stop—cementing a new grift, Nancy Pelosi was passing legislation to cover preexisting conditions, expanding Medicaid for poor people and people with disabilities.

I also think she didn’t dabble in world-wide pandemic trutherism endangering millions and she didn’t try to sell snake oil as a miracle cure for it, which she then didn’t even take as a treatment herself.

I can’t BELIEVE you’ve made me defend Nancy Pelosi, I have to go shower it off now. I generally think the Democratic Party is garbage heap dumpster fire in the pocket of corporate America and the liberal interventionist blob, whose main job is to stamp out progressive priorities. But 1) at least they try to govern in a way that is somewhat competent and provides support to working Americans and 2) your cheeto-hued two-bit king and his party are ten thousand times worse, a danger to America and the world (including Lebanon, btw), and the best friend of corporations and corporate greed at levels that the Mercers, Murdochs, Kochs and others could never even imagine.

Your hatred for CNN and the corporate media (which I share, for very different reasons, I imagine) is blinding you to how Donald Trump is the best friend of corporate America, the corporate media, two-bit dictators, and the military industrial complex. I genuinely feel like we’re living in two different information universes.

You still haven’t answered me what it is besides “CNN doesn’t like him” (already false and disproven, anyway) or “he makes the libs mad” it is that you like so much about Donald Trump. What’s your fave policy of Mitch’s, uh, I mean, Trump’s?

I’ll leave you with this from the brilliant Hannah Arendt, “The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction . . . and . . . the distinction between true and false no longer exist.”

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter

Wrath of Trump.......................................

‘No redactions!’ Trump says he ordered TOTAL declassification of ALL Russiagate and Clinton email probe documents​

View attachment 21628

US President Donald Trump says he has authorized the release of “any and all” documents related to the Russiagate conspiracy theory and the Hillary Clinton email scandal, noting the material would be completely free of redactions.
“I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any and all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax,” the president said in a tweet on Tuesday night.

Trump followed up his first post with another missive stating he had declassified all information on Russiagate “long ago,” lamenting that his own personnel have “acted very slowly” to release new material.

The announcement came hours after Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe authorized the release of a number of documents linked to the Trump-Russia scandal, including hand-written notes from former CIA Director John Brennan, who served during the latter half of the Barack Obama administration.

The declassified notes suggest that Brennan had briefed Obama on a “plan” by then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to smear Trump with allegations of ‘Russian collusion’ as a means of “distracting the public from her use of a private email server” before the 2016 election.

Ratcliffe originally declassified the notes – as well as a 2016 CIA memo addressed to then-FBI Director James Comey and a Russian intelligence assessment obtained by US agencies – in late September. All three documents were mentioned by Ratcliffe in a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina), and indicated that Clinton worked to fabricate the Russiagate scandal in order to vilify her electoral rival and deflect negative media coverage. None of them were released to a broader public at the time.

Though Ratcliffe initially cautioned that the Russian assessment – which was declassified but not published – “may reflect exaggeration or fabrication,” he has clarified that US intelligence does not consider the material “disinformation.” The CIA memo, also released on Tuesday, meanwhile, reflects similar information to Brennan’s notes, discussing Clinton’s “approval of a plan concerning US presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering US elections” as a way to distract from the private email server scandal, which dogged the Democrat’s campaign at the time.

Clinton’s spokesman, Nick Merrill, has deemed all of the allegations contained in the documents “baseless bulls**t.”

The new release on Tuesday comes on the heels of a number of similar publications, such as a trove of documents unsealed last month revealing FBI agents on the Trump-Russia probe had purchased professional liability insurance amid fears the investigation ran afoul of the law, which Trump has touted as proof of an attempted “coup” against him.

Allegations of Trump-Russia collusion emerged before the 2016 race concluded, with the Clinton team advancing the theory that the president-to-be worked with Moscow to throw the election, coordinating a series of hacks on Democratic computers and Clinton campaign staff while Russian operatives spread disinformation with online “troll farms.” A special counsel probe led by US Attorney Robert Mueller failed to turn up any evidence of collusion, however, resulting in no indictments directly linked to the conspiracy.

I thought I'd give you a real quick update on this. Trump's own Justice Department in coordination with the White House is arguing in court--as I predicted earlier--that his tweets "declassifying" the "Russia Hoax" documents are completely meaningless and the docs are still classified.

Here's are the court docs where the argument is made: LEOPOLD DOJ Response Emergency Motion Trump Tweets Declassify Russia
Argument I: "The President's Statements on Twitter Did Not Declassify Any Information."

Below are the relevant screen shots. As well as the Buzzfeed article about it: Trump Tweeted About Releasing All "Russia Hoax'' Documents, But He Didn't Mean It Literally

Sorry that this was also just meaningless populism, better luck with other stuff. I'm sure he'll fulfill a promise about something that is not on Mitch McConnell's agenda at some point.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.02.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.03.15 PM.png