• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

US Sanctions on Lebanese politicians - Magnitsky Act [updated list in OP]

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

21:31
الخارجية الأميركية للعربية: ندرس فرض عقوبات إضافية على داعمي حزب الله
21:30
الخارجية الأميركية للعربية: نشجع الدول على اتخاذ خطوات لمحاسبة الفاسدين بلبنان
21:29
الخارجية الأميركية للعربية: نريد حكومة في لبنان شفافة ونزيهة

SAVO

So you are now the Nadim Qteish of the forum. Qteish accuses the FPM of being a mental disorder. And you are accusing Amal.

That isnt the point. The point is when the US places sanctions on politicians because a foreign power is leading a foreign agenda or foreign war against the resistance, people will support the politicians. But when sanctions are placed for entirely internal reasons or for fighting corruption, then people would not support the politicians.

i.might be wrong then..i beg you for a pardon.!
most of amal people are bunch of intellectuals and few of them have nobel prize..
last time i went to chiyah..they were all there at the presentation of the latest book written by abu khashbeh ..title : philosophy of medernism between idealism and realism.
and there was few art atelier and some work made by amal modern artist stream .. and all amal mostik guy were enjoying it.. and i went also to a concert organized by amal orchestra for classic music.. and amal zaynabiyet ballet group ..the performance was great..i just need to congratulate randa berri on that..

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
If they went far by picking Berri Bassil Franjiyeh; it is basically an act of war.

I think this measure is just a message. Will see how Berri will react
Sanctions are always an act of war. The lobbying to get Bassil, Bou Saab, and Jreissati on sanctions lists is sustained. Don't be surprised if it happens. There is no message other than assertion of power. This is an administration without a policy. It's just a series of nkeyet.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
the good thing that amal thugs aside and rafidi on the forum.. all people including hizballa guys are happy with this sanctions lol..
The only thing I am mad about us that it doesn't include American dogs.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

JB81

Legendary Member
Sanctions are always an act of war. The lobbying to get Bassil, Bou Saab, and Jreissati on sanctions lists is sustained. Don't be surprised if it happens. There is no message other than assertion of power. This is an administration without a policy. It's just a series of nkeyet.

Targeting second rank politicians are just messages. However, I find it very hard for the administration to put Speaker of the House of a country, biggest Parliamentary block and so on, on a black list.

I mean just imagine the motocyk around the embassy alone :lol:

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Targeting second rank politicians are just messages. However, I find it very hard for the administration to put Speaker of the House of a country, biggest Parliamentary block and so on, on a black list.

I mean just imagine the motocyk around the embassy alone :lol:
I find it hard to believe that they would put the speaker of parliament under sanctions too :)

SAVO

Last edited:
Macron won't let that happen.

Also, too bad the US won't sanction Hariri, Jumblatt, and Geagea.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Geagea cannot be sanctioned.
He got his share , that is 11 years in prison.
Since his release in 2005, he was examplary in all aspects: no corruption, no crime, no bribery, no terrorist attacks, no drug smuggling, or the like.

As for the others, hang them if you want, I don't care