• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

US Sanctions on Lebanese politicians - Magnitsky Act [updated list in OP]

CedarZLeb

Is that an innocent question or a serious enquiry? It sounds very funny. Do you expect them to inform you what steps they must have taken to protect some of their loot? These are professional thieves in suits who have milked the country dry and sent us into bankruptcy. They certainly would have devised ways to shield their loots from sanctions.
I am not trying to be funny it's a simple objective innocent question. I do know about the assets though i am only asking about cash money. You don't need to be offensive. Cheers

CedarZLeb

Liquid money when it is in the millions is not that practical nor mobile and they will have to protect it. It is assumed that the Berris, Jumblats and Sanyouras of this world have over 1B$. That is not an easy amout of cash that the bank will give you as it will hit its reserves. In short it is not that easy.

Add to that when assets are freezed/seized it is not only money it includes houses, cars, planes, lands, companies ....

In the old day they could transfer it to lebanese banks but well we all know how those are these days (doing so could save these banks but no one will be doing that anytime soon)
Yes i am aware about the other assets. My question was just about cash money. Thanks

It's the other way around
khalas HA ditched him and FPM
They fulfilled their purpose and are of no use anymore
Now they are fighting each other on the MoF seat.
Shiaa duo want it for their own, and FPM wants it for its own

FPM and GB in particular are very happy , for now, that Frangieh and Berri received a severe hit.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

FPM and GB in particular are very happy , for now, that Frangieh and Berri received a severe hit.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out they had a hand in it
A deal with the americans to turn on HA in return the Americans eliminate their political opponents
We’ll know for sure in the upcoming weeks
If Bassil keeps dodging sanctions that means something is being cooked

I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out they had a hand in it
A deal with the americans to turn on HA in return the Americans eliminate their political opponents
We’ll know for sure in the upcoming weeks
If Bassil keeps dodging sanctions that means something is being cooked
It's a question of time.
Bassil will be the last one.
In the meantime, he will pressure HA/Amal/Marada to the highest extent in order to earn as much key ministerial positions.

Let's see whether Adib will hold to Bassil's gluttony

For my part, if there is a clash between Bassil and HA over the MoF position, I support Bassil (least evil), as it is better having a Christian MoF than a Muslim. Christians are more resistant to corruption.

NewLeb

Tayyar lacks assertiveness over Hezbollah, so the US may be purposefully weakening the Shiite duo (and its closest allies) in an effort for Mr. Bassil to feel more confident in taking a more forceful approach with the militant group, without having to worry about any severe political repercussions.

And it’s working. Hezbollah is no where near as cocky and intimidating as they were some years ago. They’ve been reduced to just another Muslim militant group dying a slow death in a newly emerging Middle East. The more they cling to power, the more they lose....

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Tayyar lacks assertiveness over Hezbollah, so the US may be purposefully weakening the Shiite duo (and its closest allies) in an effort for Mr. Bassil to feel more confident in taking a more forceful approach with the militant group, without having to worry about any severe political repercussions.

And it’s working. Hezbollah is no where near as cocky and intimidating as they were some years ago. They’ve been reduced to just another Muslim militant group dying a slow death in a newly emerging Middle East. The more they cling to power, the more they lose....

I hope this is contained and remains wishful thinking.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
It's a question of time.
Bassil will be the last one.
In the meantime, he will pressure HA/Amal/Marada to the highest extent in order to earn as much key ministerial positions.

Let's see whether Adib will hold to Bassil's gluttony

For my part, if there is a clash between Bassil and HA over the MoF position, I support Bassil (least evil), as it is better having a Christian MoF than a Muslim. Christians are more resistant to corruption.

Very nicely put racism and sectarianism. Riad Salemeh and Finianos are Muslims???

If the MoF was agreed during Taef to be allocated to the Shia community, then, even if Amal and Hezballah dont get to choose the minister, a Shia must be Minister of finance, even if it is Nadim Qteish or Okab Saqr or Dima Sadeq. A Christian and a Sunni should never again hold that ministry. We are in a F u c k i n g racist apartheid sectarian system, initially meant to weaken us and underrepresent us. Now the hunter has become the hunted and their own very system becomes counterproductive for them (you bigots). Berri made a mistake agreeing to cede it out to Rafiq Hariri based on gentleman understanding. Gentleman understanding dont work with racists and bigots.

Last edited:

NewLeb

Christians are more resistant to corruption.

That’s nonsensical, corruption has always been a major Phoenician trait.

No, it’s more a case that Christians are better at projecting and maintaining an image of being clean despite their corruption. This could be due to their historically higher standards of education, general Western influence, or even physical characteristics.

In other words, if you have a clean-cut Christian in a suit with a confident smile; he’s going to look more impressive and trustworthy than the brown Shiite who looks like he just got off the tractor.

Hezbollah, given its widely-known dealings in the drug trade, and other various forms of nefarious and militant activities, obviously has a much harder time projecting an image of being clean and innocent.

Last edited:

NewLeb

Very nicely put racism and sectarianism. Riad Salemeh and Finianos are Muslims???

If the MoF was agreed during Taef to be allocated to the Shia community, then, even if Amal and Hezballah dont get to choose the minister, a Shia must be Minister of finance, even if it is Nadim Qteish or Okab Saqr or Dima Sadeq. A Christian and a Sunni should never again hold that ministry. We are in a F u c k i n g racist apartheid sectarian system, initially meant to weaken us and underrepresent us. Now the hunter has become the hunted and their own very system becomes counterproductive for them (you bigots). Berri made a mistake agreeing to cede it out to Rafiq Hariri based on gentleman understanding. Gentleman understanding dont work with racists and bigots.

You’ve got it all wrong. It has nothing to do with racism; no, it’s just that Christians and Sunnis are better at finance and numbers given their historical role as merchants and traders in the country. The modern Shiites of Beirut are largely peasant migrants from the South. Now, if it were a Western-educated Shiite who lives the West, that would be a different story....

That’s nonsensical, corruption has always been a major Phoenician trait.

No, it’s more a case that Christians are better at projecting and maintaining an image of being clean despite their corruption. This could be due to their historically higher standards of education, and general Western influence.

In other words, if you have a clean-cut Christian in a suit with a confident smile; he’s going to look more impressive and trustworthy than the brown Shiite who looks like he just got off the tractor.

Hezbollah, given its widely-known dealings in the drug trade, and other various forms of nefarious and militant activities, obviously has a much harder time projecting an image of being clean and innocent.
So from all what I said , I see you retained only this sentence.

Yes, Christians are more resistant to corruption. It is a fact.
I did not say Christians are free from corruption. They can be corrupt, and at a high degree.

During the "maronite" era from 1943 to 1969, Lebanon was a pearl, especially during Fouad Chehab presidency.

During the Syrian (muslim) , Hariri (muslim) , HA (muslim) era, no need to tell. We are still enduring the leftovers .

Yes Christians are more resistant to corruption. Look at Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark.

Name me only one muslim country that is prosperous, adopting accountability , freedom, and judiciary independence , only one.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
So from all what I said , I see you retained only this sentence.

Yes, Christians are more resistant to corruption. It is a fact.
I did not say Christians are free from corruption. They can be corrupt, and at a high degree.

During the "maronite" era from 1943 to 1969, Lebanon was a pearl, especially during Fouad Chehab presidency.

During the Syrian (muslim) , Hariri (muslim) , HA (muslim) era, no need to tell. We are still enduring the leftovers .

Yes Christians are more resistant to corruption. Look at Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark.

Name me only one muslim country that is prosperous, adopting accountability , freedom, and judiciary independence , only one.

I wont indulge much of the bigotry and ignorance that both of you retards are posting. One saying Christians are more resistance to corruption and the other making mathematical knowledge exclusive to some sects. Both of you are retarded or just comedians.

All the corruption money from third world countries are kept in Switzerland and London. So these Western countries and their secretive banking sectors facilitate and embolden corruption. Let me dont even mention all the atrocities and looting that took place during colonial era. If all those are not corruption, what is corruption? Corruption doesnt end at the person who embezzles from his own country. It extends to the facilitators abroad who provide safekeeping for the loot. Ask Switzerland to repatriate the stolen funds of our politicians and they would start beating around the bush to deny us our collective wealth. Yet, they are not corrupt. No, they are also corrupt. But they have legalized and civilised corruption and make it look acceptable or untraceable to them.

it is a fact. You want to call it racism, your call.

Black people, IN GENERAL, are more physically apt to undergo exhausting tasks that white people IN GENERAL cannot do. Black people are more endurent , resistant , robust than white people, physically wise. It is a fact. It is not anti-white racism.

On the other hand, black people, IN GENERAL, are dim-witted, incapable to rule themselves by themselves, and have the unconscious need to be ruled by white people. Black people, IN GENERAL, are not as smart, brillant, sharp-minded, as white people. It is a fact. And I don't see it as racism.

Now when it comes to muslim/christian differences, particularly in Lebanon.

Muslims (shiite at least) are reliable, that is, one can ally with them without fearing of being downturn by them at any moment. They are brave, courageous, daring, and resistant.

Sunnis are deft in commerce and trade, more rigorous religiously.

Christians and maronites in particular are proud, arrogant, boastful, etc.

When it comes to integrity, all of them are prone to corruption, but at a varying to degree. Personally, I perceive the Christian as more reliable when it comes to integrity. That's a personal opinion. Again, that does bot exclude the fact that some, as you mentioned earlier, are more corrupt than their counterpart muslims.

Besides, there are plenty of decent, honest muslim (sunnis and shiites alike) politicians. But the only ones you can find are those descending from traditional families such as tammam salam, Karameh, Oseiran, Husseini, etc.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Lest I forget, in some of these Western countries or in their territories, anti money laundering laws do/did not apply in their banking sectors. Open invitation to corrupt leaders from corrupt third world countries to come keep their stolen wealth.

Aegon

Your living in a fu.cking fairy tail! It was never agreed in taef to give mof to shiites! Stop making shit up.

Berri is only holding onto it because it is the strongest ministry not because it was given to him in the. Wakeup!

Aegon

100% true. Fpm, just like 90% of lebanese are very happy with these sanctions. Gebran thinks the rode to baabda is more open for him now that franjieyeh and Berri are getting smacked around by the great American deck.