• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

US Sanctions on Lebanese politicians - Magnitsky Act [updated list in OP]

NewLeb

So from all what I said , I see you retained only this sentence.

Yes, Christians are more resistant to corruption. It is a fact.
I did not say Christians are free from corruption. They can be corrupt, and at a high degree.

During the "maronite" era from 1943 to 1969, Lebanon was a pearl, especially during Fouad Chehab presidency.

During the Syrian (muslim) , Hariri (muslim) , HA (muslim) era, no need to tell. We are still enduring the leftovers .

Yes Christians are more resistant to corruption. Look at Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark.

Name me only one muslim country that is prosperous, adopting accountability , freedom, and judiciary independence , only one.

That’s only because Western countries like France were dominating Lebanon 50 years ago. Europe went through the Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution, which allowed them to be centuries ahead in technology from the rest of the world.

Do you really think some brown Maronite from some insignificant Christian village in Lebanon knows how to build a modern Western state? Those Jesus freaks are only capable of praising St. Charbel day and night....

As for you last question, I’d say Turkey is the closest. However, Islam first needs free itself from the evil puritanical thought (which largely comes from Christianity by the way) that has unfortunately permeated Muslim societies.

I also wonder what those Euopean countries would look like today of they hadn’t colonized and stolen the resources of Eastern and African countries for centuries.

Aegon

It's a question of time.
Bassil will be the last one.
In the meantime, he will pressure HA/Amal/Marada to the highest extent in order to earn as much key ministerial positions.

Let's see whether Adib will hold to Bassil's gluttony

For my part, if there is a clash between Bassil and HA over the MoF position, I support Bassil (least evil), as it is better having a Christian MoF than a Muslim. Christians are more resistant to corruption.

That is wishful thinking to assume Christians are more resistant to corruption. But I do agree with you. As much as I despise bassil I would prefer fpm to take MOF instead of the idiots inside Amal who I'm sure have not even passed freshmen year math. They have destroyed our country with their rampant corruption and can no longer be trusted to manage the country's treasury.

Last edited:
That’s only because Western countries like France were dominating Lebanon 50 years ago. Europe went through the Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution, which allowed them to be centuries ahead in technology from the rest of the world.

Do you really think some brown Maronite from some insignificant Christian village in Lebanon knows how to build a modern Western state? Those Jesus freaks are only capable of praising St. Charbel day and night....

As for you last question, I’d say Turkey is the closest. However, Islam first needs free itself from the evil puritanical thought (which largely comes from Christianity by the way) that has unfortunately permeated Muslim societies.

I also wonder what those Euopean countries would look like today of they hadn’t colonized and stolen the resources of Eastern and African countries for centuries.
I expected the Turkish answer.
Well , Turkey is a secular country, thanks to British-backed Mustapha Kemal (Atatürk).
A couple of decades earlier, when the Sultan abdel Hamid went to war (WW I) they lost big time, because te Ottoman empire was very corrupt.

Here again a British (christian) backed secular guy like Ataturk vs Ottoman Empire.

Erdogan is closer to the Ottoman way of thinking than Ataturk.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
100% true. Fpm, just like 90% of lebanese are very happy with these sanctions. Gebran thinks the rode to baabda is more open for him now that franjieyeh and Berri are getting smacked around by the great American deck.

If riding a foreign horse is what takes your leaders to Baabda, Michel Aoun would never have become president and Bashir the Traitor would have become president. Dont count on foreign horse to ride on it to Baabda. It just wont happen when the time comes.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Your living in a fu.cking fairy tail! It was never agreed in taef to give mof to shiites! Stop making shit up.

Berri is only holding onto it because it is the strongest ministry not because it was given to him in the. Wakeup!

If it was not agreed during Taef, then let your leaders prove it. They have not disputed that claim. And if it was agreed, then we, as a community, living among sectarian bigots, should make sure that ministry is never held by any one ever but a Shia. That simple. What was agreed should be respected. And if it was not agreed, then prove it and no one should invent any new rules.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
:lol: :lol:
شو، هيئتك جديد هون؟

Let us dont paint him as funny or comical. This is exactly how retarded many of our Christian brothers think. Dont try to laugh about it. It is really shameful that an adult is making such a claim publicly. Let the world see the sick minded people we share a country with.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Well , Turkey is a secular country, thanks to British-backed Mustapha Kemal (Atatürk).
A couple of decades earlier, when the Sultan abdel Hamid went to war (WW I) they lost big time, because te Ottoman empire was very corrupt.

Here again a British (christian) backed secular guy like Ataturk vs Ottoman Empire.

The same Britain whose Queen has a crown containing a large piece of diamond stolen from Africa. STFU.

That is wishful thinking to assume Christians are more resistant to corruption. But I do agree with you. As much as I despise bassil I would prefer fpm to take MOF instead of the idiots inside Amal who I'm sure have not even passed freshmen year math. They have destroyed are country with their rampant corruption and can no longer be trusted to manage the country's treasury.
For those who still say I am a racist bigot and that Christians are as corrupt as Muslims.

A simple test for you, as Experience from the past is the best way to give a fair jdgement

Which one of the three past MoF is the least corrupt:

1) Georges Corm
2) Fouad Siniora
3) Ali Hassan Khalil

I think that the answer is self-explanatory

Aegon

If it was not agreed during Taef, then let your leaders prove it. They have not disputed that claim. And if it was agreed, then we, as a community, living among sectarian bigots, should make sure that ministry is never held by any one ever but a Shia. That simple. What was agreed should be respected. And if it was not agreed, then prove it and no one should invent any new rules.
The only ones that should and are required to prove are the ones coming with this false claim.

The text of the constitution is out for the public to read. Hek someone even showed you the text earlier a couple pages ago where it talks about the ministries and you still choose not to read. It did n ot say anything about any ministries sect. At this point the information and facts have been presented directly to you but u are still not understanding. You are no longer ignorant in this topic, you are officially stupid.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
The only ones that should and are required to prove are the ones coming with this false claim.

The text of the constitution is out for the public to read. Hek someone even showed you the text earlier a couple pages ago where it talks about the ministries and you still choose not to read. It did n ot say anything about any mijistries sect. At this point the information and facts have been presented directly to you but u are still not understanding. You are no longer ignorant in this topic, you are officially stupid.

Can you direct me to that post pls? I must have missed it.

I dont support any form of apartheid rule. But if we must be in an apartheid system, then everyone must play by the rules. Nothing prevents a ministry from being allocated to a certain sect, if the president and PM and speaker and other posts can be assigned along sectarian lines. Nothing wonderful here in assigning a ministry along sectarian quota. It very much looks like Lebanon.

NewLeb

Turkey is a secular country, but the Ottoman Empire was never a theocracy. Only Shiites believe in God having political representatives on Earth.

Attaturk modernized Turkey, but his intention was not to harm Islam. The Muslims who feel he was an enemy to the religion are the typical puritanical nerds who rule Islam today. These people are boring, sexually frustrated, and have no sense of humor; and they get really angry when they find out someone’s having a good time somewhere.

Muslims were not always like this, and like I said previously, it’s mostly a case of European Christian Puritanism infesting Muslim countries. Think about it, Europeans have always been disapproving of the sexual and seemingly hedonistic aspects of the Islamic faith; indeed, they’ve always mocked the Prophet when it came to his multiple wives.

Why? Because they are m3a2adine, and they have been projecting this state of “m3a2adine” on the Muslim world for a long time now. And I’m sick of it!

Weezy

I didn't know Fouad Saniora, Raya Hassan and Mohammad Shatah were Shia

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I didn't know Fouad Saniora, Raya Hassan and Mohammad Shatah were Shia

They are not, thankfully. And that is the mistake Berri committed by agreeing to cede the MoF to Rafiq Hariri. Berri should apologize to his community for that mistake.

SAVO

They are not, thankfully. And that is the mistake Berri committed by agreeing to cede the MoF to Rafiq Hariri. Berri should apologize to his community for that mistake.

ali hassan khalil used to be called : wazir el 7 % ..
is that how amal milithia get its fund to pay its thugs?
i understand now why shia insist on this ministry ..

Weezy

Berri wants a secular state :) Maybe MoF will be an exception in this secular state

Weezy

They already impose such a system on anyone who wants to invest in the South. I guess they want to make things official

oldschool

They had the same system in health ministry when Amal had it. All the companies that wanted to register wikele for a medicine would have to pay a percentage.
And in chabeb w riyada through their employees there.

W akid alf mahal tene

Tene akhra aalam bel fassed after hariri

Rafidi

Legendary Member

I watched the above @SeaAb

What caught my attention is the part whereby Schenker sarcastically said that a political party dont bear arms and therefore, he used that premise to discredit Hezballah's legitimacy as a democratically elected party that gets the most votes. He said because Hezballah bears weapons, that is not a level playing field. The question is: is there anything that is levelled or played in Lebanon on a level playing field? I will give a small example.

I hope or wish Mr Schenker is reading this forum. I would like to ask him if in the US the head of the US army is always ceded to a Protestant or to a Pentecostal American and if the land of another denomination is occupied by a foreign country, the US army would feel disconnected from the need to defend its territory. The Shiites in Lebanon have long faced marginalisation and survived in an unlevelled playing field designed to discriminate against them and at their disadvantage. Today, the system is no longer playing to the advantage of the bigots for whom it was designed to serve. This fact of historical marginalisation, and because we have an apartheid regime in Lebanon, created a vacuum whereby the state felt lack of concern to even diplomatically address the occupation of the South. That vacuum gave rise to Hezballah as an organized resistance movement. And Schenker should not feign ignorance because his own country did nothing for the South when Israehell occupied it. He needs to understand that the protection of South Lebanon, where my own village is located and all of Lebanon from Israehelli aggression is a national need and concern for every patriotic Lebanese. You cant just be biased and prejudiced against Hezballah because you are a Zionist mercenary and talk about level playing field, when the existence of Hezballah itself was as a result of an unlevelled playing field that obliged its emergence.

Rafidi

Legendary Member

If you continue to quote me and try to put words into my mouth, I'd block you. You've kept doing that . Trying to paint me as an Amal supporter or a Berri follower. And I have nothing against being either or both. They are Lebanese who deserve respect. You are hurt by their strength.

Aside, all those campaigning against the MoF being assigned to a sect would not want the presidency rotating to another sect, for example. I dont care if the next minister of finance is Nadim Qteish. In an apartheid system, everyone must play by the rules. If it was agreed the MoF was the reserve of the Shia community, then it must remain so. I dont care if Berri or Okab Saqr appoint the Shia person who'd be minister. But someone else from another community must NEVER again hold that ministry. This is a sectarian jungle with bigoted creatures. It is either all posts are rotated or no post is rotated among sects.