Useless facts and unnecessary knowledge- Did you know that...

• Advertisement
  • Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    i’m sure it was a word made up by Diogenes
    Did you know that

Diogenes took his asceticism so far to the extreme, that he even rendered himself homeless, refusing housing, and basically living in the streets of Athens

:)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Did you know that

Diogenes took his asceticism so far to the extreme, that he even rendered himself homeless, refusing housing, and basically living in the streets of Athens

:)
    i think it was just a case of lazyness and not wanting to do house chores that snowballed along the centuries to the story we know today, i get the guy.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Did u know

"Go" is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

However scientists found that virtually every woman on the planet just have to give her significant other, "the look" and they don't even have to use the word go. It's pretty much understood
    So?

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Actually the microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
    Shame, I would've already eaten the chocolate. It would stand no chance.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Did you know?
    There was a plague outbreak in Madagascar that killed 221 people in 2017.

Now that's a disease to worry about. @Isabella... Hard my ass. Nature strikes again.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    did you know that the plate tectonics model was only validated in the early 1960s. humanity travelled to space thinking the earth was a a static rock and earthquakes acts of god.
    yet we take it as one of the most widespread and accepted theories ever.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    did you know that the plate tectonics model was only validated in the early 1960s. humanity travelled to space thinking the earth was a a static rock and earthquakes acts of god.
    yet we take it as one of the most widespread and accepted theories ever.
    Is it still an accepted theory???!

B

baublebake

Did you know that

Women are twice as likely to suffer from insomnia than men. This is mostly due to the hormonal changes that women often experience.
    Still suffer insomnia even at the age '60s

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Still suffer insomnia even at the age '60s
    insomnia is the most common sleep problem. Women are more likely than men to report insomnia. In fact, according to the 2002 NSF sleep in America poll, more women than men experience symptoms of insomnia at least a few nights a week and they are more likely to have daytime sleepiness.

Sometimes women begin to have sleepless nights associated with menstruation, pregnancy or menopause and find it difficult to break poor sleep habits.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Did you know that

Coca-Cola was invented by Atlanta-based pharmacist John S. Pemberton in 1886. But the name was conjured up by his bookkeeper, Frank Robinson, who was also a dab hand with a pen. He created the unique flowing script that became the Coca-Cola logo that is still used today.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Did you know that

People who sleep poorly or do not get enough sleep have higher levels of inflammation, a risk factor for heart disease and stroke, researchers have found.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Once, Pablo Escobar started a fire with $2 million because his daughter was cold.