Useless International Academy by President Aoun when Lebanese are not talking with each other ( LF /HA

Do you consider the establishment of the academy

• A success

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Not the right time other priorities

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A failure

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Waste of money

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Better to have launched Lebanese dialogue

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
ma fi chi b ta3me khebz
Uselss initiative fakhamtak

• Advertisement
  • The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Mish nahna badna n7ader... this is supposed to be a place that affords space for cultures to meet and engage... anyhow as I said, I think it will remain, as all the UN similar type of spaces, quite theoretical.
    Eh bas it's being hosted in Lebanon la enno na7na "balad risele" lol

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ma fi chi b ta3me khebz
    Uselss initiative fakhamtak
    If anything, the one tangible thing about the project is that it makes for good business, in other words, bi ta3meh khebz

elias-aj

elias-aj

Legendary Member
    We have to close all the English written news sites and journos in Lebanon, else the charade of "meeting of cultures" is exposed. We are literally the most sectarian country on earth w badna n7adir bl 7ob wl salem lmao. Peak Lebanese behavior.

But the second part of your post I agree with. It's good for business.
    I used to think we were the most sectarian people on earth, but it’s definitely not the case in reality. There’s as much fear and racism in any other country, starting here in Europe and of course in the middle-east, America etc. It might be hidden or insidious but it’s everywhere unfortunately.

I don’t know if such an institution could succeed but at least, it’s a positive step, just like the concept of Lebanon. If anything, at least we’re trying, not like many of our neighbours and that’s something I wouldn’t be ashamed of. Even if we failed in the past and could fail again in the future.

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    I used to think we were the most sectarian people on earth, but it’s definitely not the case in reality. There’s as much fear and racism in any other country, starting here in Europe and of course in the middle-east, America etc. It might be hidden or insidious but it’s everywhere unfortunately.

I don’t know if such an institution could succeed but at least, it’s a positive step, just like the concept of Lebanon. If anything, at least we’re trying, not like many of our neighbours and that’s something I wouldn’t be ashamed of. Even if we failed in the past and could fail again in the future.
    Kheir

why are they being shut down?
    If anything, the one tangible thing about the project is that it makes for good business, in other words, bi ta3meh khebz
    This project is not the priority
    I m not disputing the intention or nepotism or no
    Time will tell
    If there’s is 50/ 100 million dollars for such a project
    Please give the money to public schools
    People need to go to public schools
    Private schools are mostly thieves
    If 200,000 students go to public schools it is 3000/4000 dollars more money for each student to remain with their families

elias-aj

elias-aj

Legendary Member
    Time will tell
    If it’s a UN institution (that’s what I understood), it will be funded with UN money

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    If it’s a UN institution (that’s what I understood), it will be funded with UN money
    No it will be sponsored by UN
    Funding not guaranteed
    US will object
    Already the land is presented by damour municipality

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    I wouldn’t be surprised by the US wasps heretics refusing to abide by international laws and resolutions ☹
    It is why I m telling if President Aoun want a great legacy
    His greatest achievement not electricity or academy
    It is a public school for 500,000 people from 250,000 actually
    There are priority more important than prestigious academy
    He will save the middle class

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Time will tell
    If 200,000 students go to public schools it is 3000/4000 dollars more money for each student to remain with their families
    The international community seems to be ready to fund this project... and not anything else... I don’t think we have a choice really where the money goes... it’s for this or nothing

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    The international community seems to be ready to fund this project... and not anything else... I don’t think we have a choice really where the money goes... it’s for this or nothing
    Have you any source the international community is funding this

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    If we were finding it why put it to a vote at the general assembly?
    To give it international status
    Perhaps funds will come from other nations
    But don’t delude yourself
    Mostly us

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    To give it international status
    Perhaps funds will come from other nations
    But don’t delude yourself
    Mostly us
    I think we will offer the land... but still, even if we do find part of it, this is money going to contractors and businesses... it’s not a bad thing. Now clearly if we are to find the entire thing, we don’t have the money for it and I would be against it ... but let’s see. One article said it still needed the backing of 10 states to start, as in the funding and founding states...

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Europeans are disgruntled because of immigrants coming from third world countries are flooding their countries. That is understandable. Na7na we just hate one another, before we hate foreigners lmao

elias-aj

elias-aj

Legendary Member
    Europeans are disgruntled because of immigrants coming from third world countries are flooding their countries. That is understandable. Na7na we just hate one another, before we hate foreigners lmao
    It wasn’t until the end of WW 2 and the EU construction that the west-europeans put an end to centuries of wars, killings and slaughters.

Parochialism has always existed in many countries, many examples could be brought in. Whether in France, Germany or Spain, Italy etc.

It’s false to think it was lalaland before the immigration phenomenon.

Hate and wars were not always related to religious differences but to various reasons including nationalism, political ideologies, economy...

Lebanese are not that special people we like to depict ourselves. Neither angels nor demons...