• Nay

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Who cares

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
So I hate valentine's day, always have! My relationship status doesn't matter, to be honest I hate the holiday more when I'm in a committed relationship.

Now don't get me wrong it's not because I hate love, chocolate or cutesy stuff! I don't even hate saint valentine although he was definitely not eaten by lions lol! It's the expectations around the holiday that gets me!

1. I think it promotes an erroneous idea of love! You know those romantic comedies where the guy was silently observing the girl from a distance and he gets her in the end because her boyfriend is such a jerk? Yeah you know what happens in real life? She knows you're watching her you sick stalker! Stop it! Or you know that somehow flowers and chocolate make up for everything! Also the idea that women are just so desperate for a husband and a baby that they will do anything in their power to achieve it! You know basically everything that love is not lol!

2. It promotes the idea that you need to buy cheap looking expensive crap in order to appeal to your significant other! Who needs another red teddy bear that says I wuv you or a giant card with sappy romantic bullshit written all over it or that stupid mug that changes colors when you pour hot stuff in it (yeah I bought this one for myself lol! It's very fun actually you do need it :p) but I mean you get the gist! It's a stupid holiday with stupid presents made for idiots who think love comes with a price tag!

3. People who don't have a date on Valentine's day are looked down upon as these sad pathetic losers! You know what's really sad and pathetic? That you think a red helium balloon and a heart shaped chocolate box actually show your significant other how much you love them! Or, and this is coming from the sitcoms yay he remembered!!! I mean seriously how f*cking hard is it to remember February 14th???

4. Why the hell do you even need one day out of an entire year to show your significant other you love them? Isn't that supposed to be an every day thing?

I'm actually celebrating valentine's day this year lmao! I still hate it but my husband and I skipped Christmas since we had some guests over and were travelling and did not get each other any presents so we decided to celebrate valentine's day for the first time since we met! My expectations are present exchange a nice dinner at home, playing with our cat, watching a documentary and falling asleep on the couch, or you know a typical Wednesday for us!

but anyway what do you guys think about Valentine's day? Do you love it, hate it or are you just indifferent towards it?

• Advertisement
  • Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    So I hate valentine's day, always have! My relationship status doesn't matter, to be honest I hate the holiday more when I'm in a committed relationship.

Now don't get me wrong it's not because I hate love, chocolate or cutesy stuff! I don't even hate saint valentine although he was definitely not eaten by lions lol! It's the expectations around the holiday that gets me!

1. I think it promotes an erroneous idea of love! You know those romantic comedies where the guy was silently observing the girl from a distance and he gets her in the end because her boyfriend is such a jerk? Yeah you know what happens in real life? She knows you're watching her you sick stalker! Stop it! Or you know that somehow flowers and chocolate make up for everything! Also the idea that women are just so desperate for a husband and a baby that they will do anything in their power to achieve it! You know basically everything that love is not lol!

2. It promotes the idea that you need to buy cheap looking expensive crap in order to appeal to your significant other! Who needs another red teddy bear that says I wuv you or a giant card with sappy romantic bullshit written all over it or that stupid mug that changes colors when you pour hot stuff in it (yeah I bought this one for myself lol! It's very fun actually you do need it :p) but I mean you get the gist! It's a stupid holiday with stupid presents made for idiots who think love comes with a price tag!

3. People who don't have a date on Valentine's day are looked down upon as these sad pathetic losers! You know what's really sad and pathetic? That you think a red helium balloon and a heart shaped chocolate box actually show your significant other how much you love them! Or, and this is coming from the sitcoms yay he remembered!!! I mean seriously how f*cking hard is it to remember February 14th???

4. Why the hell do you even need one day out of an entire year to show your significant other you love them? Isn't that supposed to be an every day thing?

I'm actually celebrating valentine's day this year lmao! I still hate it but my husband and I skipped Christmas since we had some guests over and were travelling and did not get each other any presents so we decided to celebrate valentine's day for the first time since we met! My expectations are present exchange a nice dinner at home, playing with our cat, watching a documentary and falling asleep on the couch, or you know a typical Wednesday for us!

but anyway what do you guys think about Valentine's day? Do you love it, hate it or are you just indifferent towards it?
    Indifferent.

I like going out though and having fun :) Nothing wrong with some fun :D

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Indifferent.

I like going out though and having fun :) Nothing wrong with some fun :D
    Of course, but speaking of going out :

I absolutely hate crowded areas and fixed menus for double the price of a regular menu, I feel like I'm being robbed, also one of the reasons I hate new year's eve lol

JustLeb

Legendary Member

I am not that a romantic guy, probably we celebrated Valentine's day the first year of our marriage and later we forgot about it :)
    I don't hate it though, it is good to have such day in which the context is altogether is about romance.
    However it has a special memory for me because I met my wife around this time

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not that a romantic guy, probably we celebrated Valentine's day the first year of our marriage and later we forgot about it :)
    I don't hate it though, it is good to have such day in which the context is altogether is about romance.
    However it has a special memory for me because I met my wife around this time
    I have nothing against February 14th as a day it's actually my dad's birthday lol but I much prefer celebrating his birthday rather than the idea that romance needs a dedicated day... I also hate diamonds and weddings but that's another discussion lol, the reasons are a bit similar though as I think they are both a cash grab promoted by the idea that you need "stuff" to celebrate your love

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    I have nothing against February 14th as a day it's actually my dad's birthday lol but I much prefer celebrating his birthday rather than the idea that romance needs a dedicated day... I also hate diamonds and weddings but that's another discussion lol, the reasons are a bit similar though as I think they are both a cash grab promoted by the idea that you need "stuff" to celebrate your love
    ARe you sure you are a woman :D :D :D

Aoune32!

This day eventhough it is a western invention is one in agree with. Alot of people simply forget about the other and it becomes routine. I am with valentine day and every day to be special between the two. We have alot of things happening in our lives work, kids, house, bills etc we simply forget or dont pay attention to the bigger things in life. One day heike to think about someone other than U 7elo leich la2.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    I've never celebrated valentine's with a partner, but if I were to, I would rather do something fun / interesting together than get the generic box of chocolates or the generic restaurant date.

yay for the GIFT yay for the WINE yay for the Dinner yay for the DESERT yay for LOVE words and NAUGHTY ideas... It's an occasion to have all of the following in one package on a regular day ❤️

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    yay for the GIFT yay for the WINE yay for the Dinner yay for the DESERT yay for LOVE words and NAUGHTY ideas... It's an occasion to have all of the following in one package on a regular day ❤️
    You can have all of the above on a regular day every single week or every single night if you like that lol! We call those Tuesday Wednesday and Saturday in our household :p

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    You know for someone who just got a freaking Ferrari she's not showing the appropriate emotions of someone who just got a freaking Ferrari!

Someone gives me a Ferrari I'm jumping all over the place and experiencing all emotions available for a human being! It'll start with shock, then wonder, then happiness, then extreme happiness which will eventually turn into tears! I would tear those fucking roses to bits and jump into the driver's seat! But yes if someone got me a Ferrari I would love the crap out of valentine's day!

Last edited:
    Too many people out. Pain in the ass to even get somewhere to celebrate.
    This is the best part about Valentines and other holidays.

I don't care for cliche habitual rituals. Being out during such days among the teeming masses of humanity, each experiencing the holiday in their own ways and means, feeling and getting immersed in the vibe of a vibrant city... priceless.