veganism and what people think of it

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Hey the "habibeh toi" was actually meant for someone else. I sort of misquoted you.

Sorry if I unwittingly made you feel more important or special than you really are :)

Of course you misquoted me! Using the reply feature is incredibly complicated!

In regards to second part of your post, if you want to come for the queen, make sure you have a darker shade than this milky white - 8th grade at best - drivel!

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Of course you misquoted me! Using the reply feature is incredibly complicated!

In regards to second part of your post, if you want to come for the queen, make sure you have a darker shade than this milky white - 8th grade at best - drivel!

Sorry, I don't do battle rap.

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
So, you acknowledge the ethical reasons why someone would elect to go vegan. Rest is just drivel. :)

U are usually smarter than this hehe

Resorting to a baseless strawman..

Or u'r currently under the influence and cant grasp 2 simples words put together

Hope its the latter

Oh well, at any rate, cheers to new beginings :)

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Yeah I'm not too fond of whatever this is!

1. I do eat meat, I'm not now, never have been a vegetarian - let alone vegan lol!

2. The vegan argument is actually perfectly sound and reasonable, not only for the sake of animals but also human beings and the entire planet! Vegans are doing more for the environment and the human race than all other human beings combined, unfortunately they're like 1-2% of humanity and have little to no impact so we gotta live with the greenhouse gasses the cows are emmitting!

3. My aversion to everything fatty and fish has nothing to do with whether I like meat or not, that was mentioned in passing in response to a silly little remark about kale that apparently causes rage in our friend iron maiden

4. People who say habibeh toi should indeed go extinct, them eating meat is irrelevant!

The environment argument doesn't hold though. If everyone stopped eating meat, we'd have to cut more forests to have more agricultural space to grow crops.

There is nothing wrong with eating meat. The problem is that we eat too much of it, and the animals get mistreated in the process. There are more humane ways to produce meat.

Sayyid Muki

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
There are over 7 billion people on this planet with hundreds of cultures. Veganism is not the one and only way, and it does not work for everybody.

It is common knowledge (I hope) the damage the meat industry causes to the environment:
-factory farming with complete disregard to animals being living beings (so many faults with this one)
-Raising meat is the largest contributor to droughts and resource depletion.
-Rainforest deforestation that takes place to raise soy and grains to feed animals.
-Meat raised in huge farms is unhealthy and contributes to health problems in humans -- animals are pumped full of dangerous hormones and antibiotics, which we then consume.

The list is large, and I hope it is not controversial to anybody.

Having said that, not all vegan diets are created equal, and some people who eat meat and animal products do so in a manner that causes less harm to the planet and animals than some vegan diets do. I would argue that a person who lives off their land and incorporates meat into their diet can have a smaller environmental impact than a person who lives in the city and eats all vegan food that's been packaged and shipped in. Vegan food that's shipped from halfway around the world, covered in resource-intensive packaging, and contain harmful ingredients like palm oil have a larger environmental impact than self-sufficient person living off their land and using meat in their diet.

Some examples of ways people who eat meat have less environmental impact:
-Responsible hunting in the swamps of Louisiana
-Hunting and eating boar in Texas which is currently having an explosive wild boar population, the most destructive invasive species in the US
-Hunting deer in your own neck of the woods (many Midwestern people do)

So, it's not about having one kind of diet, but about being conscious and mindful in which diet you choose and where your food sources come from. Many people in the city cannot hunt their own food or live off their land -- does that mean they should stop eating meat? No. They can eat meat, but be mindful of where their meat comes from. There are local butchers in major cities that can provide better meat than the supermarket. You can buy a chicken coop and one or two chicken for eggs, etc.

It seems the major problems arise from the mass factory farming industry, and one of the ways to mitigate the problems they cause is to individually make the choice to reduce or eliminate our meat consumption, or at least put them out of business by getting our meat products elsewhere.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
The environment argument doesn't hold though. If everyone stopped eating meat, we'd have to cut more forests to have more agricultural space to grow crops.

There is nothing wrong with eating meat. The problem is that we eat too much of it, and the animals get mistreated in the process. There are more humane ways to produce meat.

It does because we are already cutting more forests for agricultural spaces in order to grow crops to feed cows pigs and chickens that are kept in deplorable conditions and contributing to depleting resources that are already under threat from the sheer amount of human beings on the planet!

I don't think there's anything wrong with eating meat, once again I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian and I do agree that it should be done in moderation. But I do however see the arguments that are compelling people to stop altogether

Last edited:

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
I would like to expand a bit on each of the points i previously mentioned

Cuz lord knows, when online most ppl are used to being spoon fed

-Meat industry
Im not against nor for the meat industry
Its not a black and white matter
On one hand it is a superb business able to produce food in mass. On the other the quality is not always well.
On one hand it tends to be cruel to animals, on the other animals unless sentient are not our equals, they are a totally valid food source, we only need to raise & butcher them decently

-Delusions
I mentioned that because not acknowledging reality is delusional.
Animals are not our equals by most measures, treating them all as pets is counter to evolution. Eating meat is normal. You might have a weak stomach & personality, fine eat something else, but dont turn the matter into a delusional disney story of snow white singing with the forest animals.

-Religious
Clearly veganism is about virtue signalling.
Most ppl follow it cuz they view it in moral religious terms. It also proposes a religious explanation on why you are good & others are bad. Its a feel good thing

-Health
Too much meat or too little is bad for u.
Its a fact of life. In our day and age tho we can afford both choices in extreme fashions. We have alot of food unlike previous generations.

I believe in this matter there is no final answer

As a private choice i support all choices

As a group mantra everybody can go sod off

From meat addicts to tree huggers

So drink lots of soy if u want to have more estrogene

& Eat lots of red meat if you want a heart attack

I honestly couldnt give less of a tart how everyone wastes their oxygene

Its like debating a 5 year old about which icecream flavor tastes better b4 it kills you from always only eating it

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

-Meat industry
On one hand it is a superb business able to produce food in mass. On the other the quality is not always well.
On one hand it tends to be cruel to animals, on the other animals unless sentient are not our equals, they are a totally valid food source, we only need to raise & butcher them decently

-Delusions
Animals are not our equals by most measures, treating them all as pets is counter to evolution. Eating meat is normal. You might have a weak stomach & personality, fine eat something else, but dont turn the matter into a delusional disney story of snow white singing with the forest animals.

-Religious
Most ppl follow it cuz they view it in moral religious terms. It also proposes a religious explanation on why you are good & others are bad. Its a feel good thing

-Health
Its a fact of life. In our day and age tho we can afford both choices in extreme fashions. We have alot of food unlike previous generations.

Its like debating a 5 year old about which icecream flavor tastes better b4 it kills you from always only eating it

You know you have these rare moments of clarity that make your rants almost tolerable to read through, but then you bring it all back down by overusing words such as virtue signalling solely for the purpose of undermining your- often fictional- opponent's point of view when the position you are opposing is actually based on ethical principles!

Also as a side note: you used to be a lot less outraged about random stuff and a lot more fun, I miss the old red phoenix :p

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

-Meat industry

-Delusions

-Religious

-Health

Virtue signaling? Lol

Why does someone following their own convictions have to be virtue signaling?

Every social movement has its fakers, including major religions. And insofar as veganism has become a social movement, there will be plenty of fakers.

I believe killing animals is never right unless it is accidental or in self defense, or to prevent encroachment, or as a hunted food source when needed, or raised in a personal non commercial farm. Using animal products is never right unless they are products gathered , byproducts of hunting, or products from a personal non commercial farm.

Humans do many things that aren't right. I am not vegan nor vegetarian. I also do not follow what I believe in and stated above, but I know I am wrong for not doing so.

BTW you are so wrong saying that people who have compassion for animals must have weak stomachs and personality. In fact by saying that you are being nothing but a bit of a bully and a preacher yourself. Unless of course you are saying that simply because it sounded good and fit well into your little sermon.

Last edited:

!Aoune32

We have been meat eaters for over 2 million years. those who don't eat meat have vitamin deficiencies and suffer decrease brain volume, fatigue and confusion. even diabetes masalan was brought in when the vegetarians took over not when people were eating meat. people eating potato and grains actually have higher rates of diabetes as these foods break into sugar. meat is a necessity.

morpheus_

Its a load of garbage, nothing makes me happier than bbqing a freshly guted animal right in front of me, leaving a bit of blood in there even makes it tastier not to mention that meat is essential for muscle gains.
You are exactly who you are sorry this post is not made for people like you who lives on hatred and killing i bet you like killing other people and you hate lots of people and the day ma betle2e hada tekraho btekrah halak sorry bro i was there in your same shoes w ma kenit helwe l hayet i feel sorry for you

morpheus_

We have been meat eaters for over 2 million years. those who don't eat meat have vitamin deficiencies and suffer decrease brain volume, fatigue and confusion. even diabetes masalan was brought in when the vegetarians took over not when people were eating meat. people eating potato and grains actually have higher rates of diabetes as these foods break into sugar. meat is a necessity.
Well sleeping with sisters and mothers is a forbidden thing right now and it was a cool thing to keep thr blood of clans pure so dont tell me doing thing for a long time makes right