• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

[Videos Added in "post 1"] توقيف العميد داوود

>Watani<

أكبر من أن يُبلعْ وأصغر من أن يقسّم
Orange Room Supporter
جريدة الأخبار: قرر وزير الداخلية احمد فتفت توقيف قائد القوة الأمنية المشتركة في الجنوب العميد عدنان داوود وملاحقته بتهمة مخالفة القوانين العسكرية
ألا يجب أن يحاكم فتفت أيضاً؟ هناك تقصير فادح من قبل وزارة الداخلية وليست المرّة الأولى

وكانت صور بثها امس التلفزيون الاسرائيلية يظهر فيه العميد داوود وهو يستضيف ضباط قوات الاحتلال في ثكنة مرجعيون، ويقدم لهم الشاي، ويأمر جنوده باخلاء الموقع والنزول الى الملجأ، ويدع القوات الاسرائيلية تصادر اسلحة الجنود في ثكنته، برفع العلم الابيض. وجاء في بيان فتفت: "بعدما بثت محطتا المنار والتلفزيون الجديد تحقيقا تظهران فيه مشــاهد عن دخول عناصر من جيش العدو الاسرائيلي إلى ثكنة مرجعيون، وبعد الاطلاع على ما تضمنه الشريط، تقرر استدعاء العميد داوود وتوقيفه فورا، وتكليف المفتشية العامة لقوى الامن الداخلي التحقيق معه حول القضية المعروضة
كما طلب نسختين عن الشريط المعروض في المحطتين المذكورتين على أن تضع المفتشية العامة تقريرا بنتيجة التحقيق لدى وزير الداخلية والبلديات في أسرع ما يمكن ليصار إلى إتخاذ الإجراءات المناسبة بحق العميد المذكور وكل من يظهره التحقيق

يشار الى ان هناك تقارير مفصلة قدمها ضباط وافراد من القوة الامنية تتهم داوود وضباطاً من القوة بتغيير طريق الانسحاب مع المدنيين خلافا لما اتفق عليه مع القوات الدولية في الجنوب

لقد شارك داوود بمجزرة النازحين من مرجعيون؟
!تواطىء علنيّ لوزارة الداخلية مع العدوّ الإسرائيليّ
من يتحملّ المسؤوليّة فتفت أم داوود؟

The New TV report
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CrvPd9WS6L0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CrvPd9WS6L0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The CNN Report
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjxZcmdazpo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjxZcmdazpo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Free_Patriot

Re: توقيف العميد داوود

The forces that were in the area were not instructed by the political authorities to fight the Israelis. Colonel Dawoud did whatever he found necessary to preserve the safety of his troops. There is nothing wrong with having a coffee with the Israelis at a moment when there is no fighting. In my opinion, Israeli and Lebanese officers could treat each other with dignity and respect as human beings even if they know they might have to fight when its time to fight.

The political authorities are responsible of instructing the army about the action it should take at times of war. Political leadership was lacking in the past conflict and Fatfat should put himself in Colonel Dawoud’s shoes before giving lessons about patriotism. I call for the immediate release of Colonel Dawoud. That’s now how an officer serving his country should be treated.

hassanleb

The forces that were in the area were not instructed by the political authorities to fight the Israelis. Colonel Dawoud did whatever he found necessary to preserve the safety of his troops. There is nothing wrong with having a coffee with the Israelis at a moment when there is no fighting. In my opinion, Israeli and Lebanese officers could treat each other with dignity and respect as human beings even if they know they might have to fight when its time to fight.

The political authorities are responsible of instructing the army about the action it should take at times of war. Political leadership was lacking in the past conflict and Fatfat should put himself in Colonel Dawoud’s shoes before giving lessons about patriotism. I call for the immediate release of Colonel Dawoud. That’s now how an officer serving his country should be treated.

I agree with you say here. The army was instructed not to fight. So as you said, the colonel probably tried his best to keep his troops safe. But we also have to understand, if the colonel is let free, hizb and their supporters may have a very negative reaction to that. I guess the gov wants to keep things under control. You don't want to have a situation where hizb supporters could potentially attack the army

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

But are we sure that Dawoud was acting so that he can demonstrate that the Lebanese Army treats the Israelis with dignity and respect. I think that this is what the investigation will determine.

Also, I think that Dawoud should not be talking to the Israelis in a state of war since in his position he really cannot exchange any information with an invading army over Lebanese soil and occupying his base. I mean this should be the message of the Army fight against an invading enemy. Remember that Lebanon is in a declared state of war with Israel.

I am positive if Hezbollah for example occupies Haifa and if these were Hezbollah fighters having tea with Israeli soldiers while seizing an Israeli military base in Haifa, such an event will be big News in Israel and maybe a charge of grand treason.

It is a serious issue in times of war.

Free_Patriot

I agree with you say here. The army was instructed not to fight. So as you said, the colonel probably tried his best to keep his troops safe. But we also have to understand, if the colonel is let free, hizb and their supporters may have a very negative reaction to that. I guess the gov wants to keep things under control. You don't want to have a situation where hizb supporters could potentially attack the army

So you're trying to say that Fatfat acted under the intimidation of HA and its supporters? No work ethics involved, no code of conduct whatsoever? Or maybe he was concerned about the colonet's safety?

But are we sure that Dawoud was acting so that he can demonstrate that the Lebanese Army treats the Israelis with dignity and respect. I think that this is what the investigation will determine.

Also, I think that Dawoud should not be talking to the Israelis in a state of war since in his position he really cannot exchange any information with an invading army over Lebanese soil and occupying his base. I mean this should be the message of the Army fight against an invading enemy. Remember that Lebanon is in a declared state of war with Israel.

I am positive if Hezbollah for example occupies Haifa and if these were Hezbollah fighters having tea with Israeli soldiers while seizing an Israeli military base in Haifa, such an event will be big News in Israel and maybe a charge of grand treason.

It is a serious issue in times of war.

This is not to you personally but in general to all those giving lessons to the military officers especially the officers with an all time clean record. I say this: put yourself in a position where you are responsible of hundreds of young men under Israeli siege with no instructions from the political authorities. Imagine yourself in that position and let me know what would courage and patriotism mean to you.

hassanleb

So you're trying to say that Fatfat acted under the intimidation of HA and its supporters? No work ethics involved, no code of conduct whatsoever? Or maybe he was concerned about the colonet's safety?

I am sure you can blame fatfat and the whole gov for lack of leadership for not defining the army's mission in the latest war. But,in my hizb is the main player when it comes to things as what the army can or cannot do, or what to do with all the people who deal or talk with israel. I am sure he considered this factor when he made the decision to arrest him

Free_Patriot

I am sure you can blame fatfat and the whole gov for lack of leadership for not defining the army's mission in the latest war. But,in my hizb is the main player when it comes to things as what the army can or cannot do, or what to do with all the people who deal or talk with israel. I am sure he considered this factor when he made the decision to arrest him

Fatfat wants HA disarmed and in the same time he submit to their wishes about details like that. I would call that a shameful double policy. See, I would always blame Fatfat no matter how you try to turn this around :wink:

hassanleb

Fatfat wants HA disarmed and in the same time he submit to their wishes about details like that. I would call that a shameful double policy. See, I would always blame Fatfat no matter how you try to turn this around :wink:

I will go with you and blame fatfat too for this. But when you fail to see that we also have a very influential party called hizb that is more important than fatfat, a party that sets the tone of what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in this country, you will fail to find solution to the problem you are trying to solve

fpm_stanford

I will go with you and blame fatfat too for this. But when you fail to see that we also have a very influential party called hizb that is more important than fatfat, a party that sets the tone of what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in this country, you will fail to find solution to the problem you are trying to solve

can you please explain how does the whole mess in marje3yoon involve HA?
how does a minister messing up in giving orders have to do with HA?
how does a minister putting daoud in jail to cover up that mess have to do with HA?

ya3ne blaming HA is starting to become a reflex for some...
of course, one could argue that HA made many mistakes, but it doesn't apply here.. mesh kell ma da22 el kouz bel jarra, you blame HA.. stick to blaming Syria for all the trouble in lebanon, that's what the Fab14 do best.

hassanleb

can you please explain how does the whole mess in marje3yoon involve HA?
how does a minister messing up in giving orders have to do with HA?
how does a minister putting daoud in jail to cover up that mess have to do with HA?

ya3ne blaming HA is starting to become a reflex for some...
of course, one could argue that HA made many mistakes, but it doesn't apply here.. mesh kell ma da22 el kouz bel jarra, you blame HA.. stick to blaming Syria for all the trouble in lebanon, that's what the Fab14 do best.

My friend, I am not trying to bash hizb or anybody else for that matter. If you think hizb has no influence on this decision whatsoever, that is your point of view. I have a different point of view. I think that hizb and all the others in this gov are at fault for not defining the role of the army in defending this country.

fpm_stanford

My friend, I am not trying to bash hizb or anybody else for that matter. If you think hizb has no influence on this decision whatsoever, that is your point of view. I have a different point of view. I think that hizb and all the others in this gov are at fault for not defining the role of the army in defending this country.

true, you were not bashing HA... but you were juding them on intentions when you said
But we also have to understand, if the colonel is let free, hizb and their supporters may have a very negative reaction to that.

and you related the issue in marje3yoon to HA's influence on the country when you said
a party that sets the tone of what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in this country

hassanleb

true, you were not bashing HA... but you were juding them on intentions when you said

and you related the issue in marje3yoon to HA's influence on the country when you said

I am describing reality. I am not bashing hizb. Hizb is the strongest party in lebanon, hence, it should be the most influential given that we live in some kind of democracy. That is something they deserve given the huge popular support they have. Now, for some people, they try to downplay the role hizb plays in this country and focus only on the FM as this ultimate party that defines and controls everything that happens in lebanon. I guess everyone can believe in whatever they want

fpm_stanford

I am describing reality. I am not bashing hizb. Hizb is the strongest party in lebanon, hence, it should be the most influential given that we live in some kind of democracy. That is something they deserve given the huge popular support they have. Now, for some people, they try to downplay the role hizb plays in this country and focus only on the FM as this ultimate party that defines and controls everything that happens in lebanon. I guess everyone can believe in whatever they want

first, i am not accusing you of bashing HA. let's get that out of the way.

no party in lebanon ultimately controls everything, not HA not FM.

but in the issue at hand (the mess in marje3yoon), the control was in the hand of the government, who in turn is controlled by FM (last i checked)...

so let's focus on the people in the decision-making positions here... they happen to be from FM. shou baddna na3mil, hard luck.

anyway, no matter what party fatfat belongs to, he should at least resign and an investigation should be opened in what happened and to see if he should be found guilty.

kappa273

the soldiers and officers of the lebanese army in marjeyoun could be considered as POWs..

their weapons were taken away and their liberty was restricted..

in these cases, it is normal for the officers to be treated with dignity. this happens regularly...

by drinking coffee with the israeli commander, the lebanese officer most likely saved his soldiers a lot of humiliation..
the decision to fight the israelis is not his...

this gentleman simply followed the orders as they are and went by the book...

what fatfat is doing is simply trying to gain some political point "3ala dahro lal dabet"..

it is a shame.. they just ruined the poor man's life...

kappa

AGM

Does anyone know when Adnan Daoud was appointed Commander of the ISF-Army Joint force?

Thanks

hippie1

I think armies have a code of conduct, and that they respect ranks no matter what, but i don't have much info aout it, can someone elaborate?

Kolar

Well not in Lebanon i still remember when Mss Lebanon went to the Mss world contest and they took a photo of her shaking Mss Israel's hand, it was a disaster most of the media attacked Mss Lebanon just for such an act, ba2a what about a cup of coffee ??

Yea they consider it big deal actually i find it illogical, they are attacking your country with hundreds of bombs, killing civilians and kids ... and you invited them for a cup of coffee ! :mad:

Elbi Lebnan

I agree that Hizbullah is very powerful.

However,

When people have the guts to lie to Hizbullah during the elections
when people have the guts to stab Hizbullah in the back after the elections
When people have the guts to call Hizbullah Syrian (knowing what this means coming from their mouths)
When people dare calling Hizbullah's weapons the weapons of treason.....
When people dare to honor Bolton just to spite Hizbullah (How stupid is this?! The man is no more than the US ambassador to the UN for crying out loud :eek: :rolleyes: )

In other words, when people have the guts to keep provoking Hizbullah for an entire year, they should be men enough not to blame a poor man for obeying their orders.

Supposing it is true that they are afraid of Hizbullah, well it is not the first time they defy them. Jumblatt and Hariri defied Hizbullah publicly no later than yesterday.

But once again, they screw up, and the little guy takes the fall. They are taking the easy way out that's all. The thing is, they don't care about their people, be it the civilians or the army that follows their orders. A great way to gain the loyalty of the armed forces.

It is just a cup of tea people!!! Destroying a man's life for something this stupid :mad: