OR Candidates Vote for Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I am a person who is Lebanese and living abroad. I have a young family and always have wanted to go back and live in Lebanon. I had faith in 2005 due to the occupation going out and it was no use. Nothing that has been happening since 2005 until now has worked. Now the protests. I have high hopes that these protests will affect the politicians and the whole political class and it is showing. each party scrambling to show the protesters that he/she is not corrupt and they want reform and accountability.

I as a mod will do the following.

1) will not ban anyone. each person has his opinion which i respect even though i maybe disagree with. that person will not get
punished or his post removed because i have a different opinion of him/her post.

2) cursing will be not allowed and that includes myself. i will simply interact with that person in the chat and advise him/her that cursing is not allowed and there are consequences if done again.

3) would like to start threads about different systems and policies that can be implemented so our country becomes a country and not a jungle that we have now.

4) i will support the Oroom only being Lebanese. No Iranian, no US no foreign interference of any kind.

5) i hope we can get some politicians on the oroom and we can ask questions and share ideas of how WE see the country through our eyes.

We all have faced similar experiences. Doesnt matter what religion or what political party
you vote for the issue is 1. Most of the forumers have left the country due to them not being able to live in the country due to several reasons and mostly we agree on what the reasons are just different ways of getting to a
solution. Hopefully our country can return to what it was and should have been since the 90s. Then we can all return and live a normal life with our families.

Thanking You ?

• Advertisement
  • IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am a person who is Lebanese and living abroad. I have a young family and always have wanted to go back and live in Lebanon. I had faith in 2005 due to the occupation going out and it was no use. Nothing that has been happening since 2005 until now has worked. Now the protests. I have high hopes that these protests will affect the politicians and the whole political class and it is showing. each party scrambling to show the protesters that he/she is not corrupt and they want reform and accountability.

I as a mod will do the following.

1) will not ban anyone. each person has his opinion which i respect even though i maybe disagree with. that person will not get
    punished or his post removed because i have a different opinion of him/her post.

2) cursing will be not allowed and that includes myself. i will simply interact with that person in the chat and advise him/her that cursing is not allowed and there are consequences if done again.

3) would like to start threads about different systems and policies that can be implemented so our country becomes a country and not a jungle that we have now.

4) i will support the Oroom only being Lebanese. No Iranian, no US no foreign interference of any kind.

5) i hope we can get some politicians on the oroom and we can ask questions and share ideas of how WE see the country through our eyes.

We all have faced similar experiences. Doesnt matter what religion or what political party
    you vote for the issue is 1. Most of the forumers have left the country due to them not being able to live in the country due to several reasons and mostly we agree on what the reasons are just different ways of getting to a
    solution. Hopefully our country can return to what it was and should have been since the 90s. Then we can all return and live a normal life with our families.

Thanking You ?
    Good luck Mr aoune, but I think you should amend your no ban policy which is only limited to threads anyway as a regular mod (I think), there comes a certain point where just deleting posts is not enough and people need a cool off period.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Good luck Mr aoune, but I think you should amend your no ban policy which is only limited to threads anyway as a regular mod I think, there comes a certain point where just deleting posts is not enough and people need a cool off period.
    thanks. i want to try to change the style a bit from banning to actually just chatting with the culprit. want to communicate with them and maybe have a better result than just banning them for cursing trolling etc.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Good luck @Aoune32!.
    You are one of the members i like to debate with, regardless of the divergence of our points of view.
    I understand you want to try a new approach to moderating that avoids bans...
    As a veteran in the forum, and having occupied my seat as long as Berri has been in his, i can tell you that at least temporary bans are sometimes unavoidable. When the forum is very busy, and mods cannot keep up, and you send a few warnings and pm's telling members to cool down, and after you post public warnings pleading with members to cool it down, repeat offenders sometimes need to take a break, so a temporary ban from a thread might be unavoidable.
    And sometimes (rarely though), you will find members who will lose their temper and violate forum rules repeatedly, and in a blatant way, to the point that you might have to resort to a permanent ban (rare, as i said, but we've seen members threatening others, revealing personal information, insulting other members repeatedly, etc.).

I agree with you though that a "moderate" approach to moderating is good, as this forum is for discussions and debates, and the forum rules are there to ensure discussions remain civilized, and not a tool to police members.

GOOD LUCK!

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Here goes my first vote
    Good luck @Aoune32!

Waiting for the right candidate to allocate my second vote
    Else i'll run, sweep all the votes and replace @Jo

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Good luck @Aoune32!.
    You are one of the members i like to debate with, regardless of the divergence of our points of view.
    I understand you want to try a new approach to moderating that avoids bans...
    As a veteran in the forum, and having occupied my seat as long as Berri has been in his, i can tell you that at least temporary bans are sometimes unavoidable. When the forum is very busy, and mods cannot keep up, and you send a few warnings and pm's telling members to cool down, and after you post public warnings pleading with members to cool it down, repeat offenders sometimes need to take a break, so a temporary ban from a thread might be unavoidable.
    And sometimes (rarely though), you will find members who will lose their temper and violate forum rules repeatedly, and in a blatant way, to the point that you might have to resort to a permanent ban (rare, as i said, but we've seen members threatening others, revealing personal information, insulting other members repeatedly, etc.).

I agree with you though that a "moderate" approach to moderating is good, as this forum is for discussions and debates, and the forum rules are there to ensure discussions remain civilized, and not a tool to police members.

GOOD LUCK!
    thanks mate :)
    The difference I think is that I am not biased. I really am fair and if someone curses or is out of line I have no issue telling them to go back into line. i wont sugar coat it and will tell them 1 2 3.

In the end we need to understand this is a forum. it is where we want to share opinions our views and it is not my job or something in real life that i lose to get angry over.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

My vote ? for Aoun 32
    The Crusader with a big heart
    Who love Lebanon more than most people living in Lebanon
    Yep 100% love the country and want it to be better. going backwards and staying the same
    is not an option. we move forwards and those who dont are left behind.

I

illusion84

About point 1 and 2 ; you can not be too lenient; Ok i'm not for ban based on opinion not even for trolls; but when hot heads start debating and cursing is flying around a ban is necessary in my opinion. Later on you may discuss stuff with them and make sure they have cooled down to remove the ban.

Can you clarify point 4 please ?

I

illusion84

thanks. i want to try to change the style a bit from banning to actually just chatting with the culprit. want to communicate with them and maybe have a better result than just banning them for cursing trolling etc.
    It will be like those shouting SILMIYEH SILMIYEH for shabeb el Khanda2 on the Ring. It won't work. Anyway you'll learn from experience.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

About point 1 and 2 ; you can not be too lenient; Ok i'm not for ban based on opinion not even for trolls; but when hot heads start debating and cursing is flying around a ban is necessary in my opinion. Later on you may discuss stuff with them and make sure they have cooled down to remove the ban.

Can you clarify point 4 please ?
    i think when there is balance in the moderation the hot heads will cool down. when you have 6 mods and all from the LF an FPMer probably will find that intimidating so having a balance could change the persons perception of the forum.

Point 4. i want to
    open threads about what the lebanese people have in common, their foods their culture their traditions. we should return to
    love our country not everything i love russia i love Us i love israel i love iran. Iran said this so i must do that. theres alot
    of threads opened about the faults of the country but not many about what right. why do lebanese people love the country?

also with a balanced moderation team as lebanon is balanced kameina one side wont feel left out or that the o room is going from one pendulum to another.

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter

Thanking You ?

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    The difference I think is that I am not biased. I really am fair and if someone curses or is out of line I have no issue telling them to go back into line. i wont sugar coat it and will tell them 1 2 3.

In the end we need to understand this is a forum. it is where we want to share opinions our views and it is not my job or something in real life that i lose to get angry over.
    i know very well you are not biased.. that's why i like engaging in discussions with you.
    my point was about using the moderation tools when necessary.
    this is not out of anger, or revenge of anything of that sort.. this would be a misuse/abuse of power. If i wanted to do it, i would've banned many members LOL.
    I have been on this forum for over 15 years (oh lord!!!), and i appreciate its value in bringing people together.. or at least i hope most members try to see it that way. But there are always bad apples that try to ruin it for everyone else. Sometimes (hopefully rarely) you will find that reasoning with some members does not work... they continue to spam, attack, troll, insult... and at one point, again not out of anger, you will feel that they need a break (and the decent members need a break from them), so you give them a break.. . that shouldn't be viewed as "censoring" or limiting freedom of speech.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

i know very well you are not biased.. that's why i like engaging in discussions with you.
    my point was about using the moderation tools when necessary.
    this is not out of anger, or revenge of anything of that sort.. this would be a misuse/abuse of power. If i wanted to do it, i would've banned many members LOL.
    I have been on this forum for over 15 years (oh lord!!!), and i appreciate its value in bringing people together.. or at least i hope most members try to see it that way. But there are always bad apples that try to ruin it for everyone else. Sometimes (hopefully rarely) you will find that reasoning with some members does not work... they continue to spam, attack, troll, insult... and at one point, again not out of anger, you will feel that they need a break (and the decent members need a break from them), so you give them a break.. . that shouldn't be viewed as "censoring" or limiting freedom of speech.
    wow 15 years. you have seen the ins and outs of the forum LOL
    If I am elected i wish not to ban anyone and I think I have a little sway with the normal culprits. People need to understand that this is a forum. It is where ideas and opinions are presented.