• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

OR Candidates Vote for Ice Tea for big structural change!

Ice Tea

Hello everyone, I'd like to invite you all to join our campaign. A campaign based on love and UNITY. Yes, unity. Unity among all the so-called minorities of our beloved war-torn region. If you feel persecuted or underrepresented, I'm here to be YOUR voice.

So let me tell you a little about my background. Being born and raised Christian, I never understood the political rivalry and division among Lebanese Christians. I saw the other groups united, while the Christians divided. That never made sense to me because I've always seen ourselves as ONE. I knew that this division only benefited THEM.

Recently I've volunteered with Assyrian and Chaldean refugees from Iraq and met some of the kindest and purest people in my life. They told me how their own neighbours and people whom they considered friends tried to kill them. I saw us in them.

I've also became friends with the Druze and learned that all Druze communities throughout the Levant are closely connected. As Christians we should learn a lot from them. No, we are NOT close to someone just because we share a nationality. We are close to people who share our VALUES. And the the truth is when it comes to Muslims, our values are the opposite.

We should NOT be afraid to say we are NOT the same people as them. And that's why today I'm a passionate promoter of non-Islamic dialogue and unity. After my life-changing experience with Assyrians/Chaldeans from Iraq and having talked to an array of Middle Eastern minorities that range from Druze from Sweida to Copts from Egypt, I've came to realize we ALL share the SAME struggle and we are all closer to each other than to anyone else. Now that does not mean we want any more wars, all we want is to be left alone and live in peace. However we should always be UNITED in case the worst happen.

Some here call me 'radical', but the truth is I'm just average in thinking. The radical ones here are the ones who support terrorist groups who call for the Sharia. The Sharia that for the rest of us means genocide. That's the double standard I've been telling you about. When a non-Muslim stands for himself he's called 'radical', but a Muslim who supports a terrorist group and Sharia is considered 'normal'. Their behavior has been normalized while we've been vilified and that is NOT alright.

So why am I running for mod?

Until now we've had some sympathizers of the Iranian regime in the mod team, but now we have a full-blown and open Hezbollah supporter running for mod. If you've been getting thread bans and deleted posts recently, expect things to get MUCH worse if this person is elected. That's why we NEED some balance around here. I'm running to be YOUR guarantee that you'll always have FREE SPEECH. Enough of this culture of intimidation!

So what is your solution for HA weapons? are you calling for Unity among the MENA christians? How is that different from those calling for Unity among Arab nations? or Those calling for Islamic unity?

Personally I do not feel at ease with radicals whether they are muslim; christians; druze or even atheists.

!Aoune32

Hello everyone, I'd like to invite you all to join our campaign. A campaign based on love and UNITY. Yes, unity. Unity among all the so-called minorities of our beloved war-torn region. If you feel persecuted or underrepresented, I'm here to be YOUR voice.

So let me tell you a little about my background. Being born and raised Christian, I never understood the political rivalry and division among Lebanese Christians. I saw the other groups united, while the Christians divided. That never made sense to me because I've always seen ourselves as ONE. I knew that this division only benefited THEM.

Recently I've volunteered with Assyrian and Chaldean refugees from Iraq and met some of the kindest and purest people in my life. They told me how their own neighbours and people whom they considered friends tried to kill them. I saw us in them.

I've also became friends with the Druze and learned that all Druze communities throughout the Levant are closely connected. As Christians we should learn a lot from them. No, we are NOT close to someone just because we share a nationality. We are close to people who share our VALUES. And the the truth is when it comes to Muslims, our values are the opposite.

We should NOT be afraid to say we are NOT the same people as them. And that's why today I'm a passionate promoter of non-Islamic dialogue and unity. After my life-changing experience with Assyrians/Chaldeans from Iraq and having talked to an array of Middle Eastern minorities that range from Druze from Sweida to Copts from Egypt, I've came to realize we ALL share the SAME struggle and we are all closer to each other than to anyone else. Now that does not mean we want any more wars, all we want is to be left alone and live in peace. However we should always be UNITED in case the worst happen.

Some here call me 'radical', but the truth is I'm just average in thinking. The radical ones here are the ones who support terrorist groups who call for the Sharia. The Sharia that for the rest of us means genocide. That's the double standard I've been telling you about. When a non-Muslim stands for himself he's called 'radical', but a Muslim who supports a terrorist group and Sharia is considered 'normal'. Their behavior has been normalized while we've been vilified and that is NOT alright.

So why am I running for mod?

Until now we've had some sympathizers of the Iranian regime in the mod team, but now we have a full-blown and open Hezbollah supporter running for mod. If you've been getting thread bans and deleted posts recently, expect things to get MUCH worse if this person is elected. That's why we NEED some balance around here. I'm running to be YOUR guarantee that you'll always have FREE SPEECH. Enough of this culture of intimidation!

i am sorry but i want to reply to this.

Do you know what the christians in syria, egypt and iraq have in common?

it isnt that they are persecuted. What they have in common is that they persecute themselves by not going into the state. they refuse everything that is with the gov and have their own little cantons..they think that this is the way they protect themselves but it isnt.

that is all good maybe for a country like Lebanon but the percentages in egypt is 10-15%. You have muslims all around you. chou nmna3mol fiyoun??

otherwise good luck.

Ice Tea

So what is your solution for HA weapons? are you calling for Unity among the MENA christians? How is that different from those calling for Unity among Arab nations? or Those calling for Islamic unity?

Personally I do not feel at ease with radicals whether they are muslim; christians; druze or even atheists.

Unity not just among MENA Christians, but among ALL non-Muslims: Christians, Druze, Jews, Alawites, Yazidis, atheists, ex-Muslims etc.

The difference is the unity I propose is peaceful, unlike the Muslim/Arab Ummah concept.

Unity not just among MENA Christians, but among ALL non-Muslims: Christians, Druze, Jews, Alawites, Yazidis, atheists, ex-Muslims etc.

The difference is the unity I propose is peaceful, unlike the Muslim/Arab Ummah concept.

What about Kurds and Berbers they are muslims and minority at the same time. Are they excluded from your unity?

Are you talking about a political unity? your idea is not clear.

What should be their relationship with their muslim neighbours ?

What's your take about the current uprising/revolution in lebanon ?

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Ice Tea

What about Kurds and Berbers they are muslims and minority at the same time. Are they excluded from your unity?

Are you talking about a political unity? your idea is not clear.

What should be their relationship with their muslim neighbours ?

What's your take about the current uprising/revolution in lebanon ?

Berbers were unfortunately converted by force and completely lost touch with their Christian past. Culturally now they are part of the Ummh.

As for the Kurds, they took part in the Armenian Genocide, didn't they? Anyway, I do support Iraqi Kurdistan (with the Nineveh as an authononous Assyrian homeland) and Rojava independences. I do think a Kurdish independence could ignite an unprecedented fragmentation of these countries which could help the Christian cause.

As for how Christians and other non-Muslims should be around Muslims: EXTREMELY cautious. Never trust one, never become friends with one. They should be seen as total strangers with incompatible values, evil-worshippers who occupy our lands.

As for the 'revolution', until the Shias rebel against the terrorists it won't change shit.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Being an unbiased moderator who has issues with Muslims, is like "kelloun ya3ne kelloun" bas ma 7ada yde2 bel Sayid!!!

Dude, this is an election for a MODERATOR...all you have to do is understand the rules, and make sure members do not blatantly violate them, and do it in an unbiased way.

if you cannot respect and tolerate people who disagree with you (or with others), how can you moderate in an unbiased way?

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Being an unbiased moderator who has issues with Muslims, is like "kelloun ya3ne kelloun" bas ma 7ada yde2 bel Sayid!!!

Dude, this is an election for a MODERATOR...all you have to do is understand the rules, and make sure members do not blatantly violate them, and do it in an unbiased way.

if you cannot respect and tolerate people who disagree with you (or with others), how can you moderate in an unbiased way?

Being anti-Islam doesn't make you radical. It makes you an informed citizen.
Just because @Ice Tea is more aware of the horrors of Islam than the average guy, doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good moderator.

I mean FPM is banning Muslims from renting in Christian areas. Now that's what I call radical.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Being anti-Islam doesn't make you radical. It makes you an informed citizen.
Just because @Ice Tea is more aware of the horrors of Islam than the average guy, doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good moderator.

I mean FPM is banning Muslims from renting in Christian areas. Now that's what I call radical.

i never said that... i dont mind ANY moderator from ANY background.. hell even if the moderator is a right wing christian extremist, or an islamic scholar... i want to know how they will be UNBIASED MODERATORS... not how they will defend ONE group more than others...

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
il now we've had some sympathizers of the Iranian regime in the mod team, but now we have a full-blown and open Hezbollah supporter running for mod. If you've been getting thread bans and deleted posts recently, expect things to get MUCH worse if this person is elected. That's why we NEED some balance around here. I'm running to be YOUR guarantee that you'll always have FREE SPEECH. Enough of this culture of intimidation!

Ice Tea

i never said that... i dont mind ANY moderator from ANY background.. hell even if the moderator is a right wing christian extremist, or an islamic scholar... i want to know how they will be UNBIASED MODERATORS... not how they will defend ONE group more than others...

I will not defend ONE group, I will protect ALL non-Muslims.