OR Candidates Vote for Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
Hi,

I want you all to vote for me to become your Oroom moderator.

If I am elected as a mod, I will ensure above all considerations fairness and open mindedness. Fairness in dealing with everyone as a bonafide member of this forum and open mindedness in ensuring that I embrace all opinions and point of views, even the ones that I do not necessarily agree with.

A third platform on which I would base my campaign program would be respect. Even though we may agree or disagree on many things, respect and decorum must be maintained. We should be aware that as an online Lebanese forum, many people who aren't Lebanese maybe reading the forum. I haven't been the best example myself. But if I am elected as moderator, it will oblige me to act in a more respectful way with other members and in turn aim to create an atmosphere of mutual respect.

This forum is our online face to the world as Lebanese. What foreigners may read on this forum could influence or shape their opinions about us as Lebanese and about our beautiful country. We must ensure that the quality of posts on this forum rise up and we accept one another in a respectful atmosphere of discussions, without blackmailing posts, name calling, personal insults and street talk. We can all express our differing views in a respectful and accommodating manner. We must have the reason to see that we are all here because we have different views and we disagree with one another. If we all held the same views, we may not have had the need to be part of this online community.

This forum thus is a reflection of our diversity as Lebanese. I have no issues accommodating people of other religions, sects and political views. I have also no problem in embracing people with no religion. I will respect unique people who may be gay or agnostic. I will also cherish our expats who find time to keep Lebanon at heart my making their presence felt here. I will be more than welcoming to foreigners who love Lebanon. I will be a moderator for all of you in fairness and in open mindedness and respect.

In line with creating an atmosphere of respect, I will be guided by a number of active principles. These active principles include even handedness. To be even handed in a country like ours that prides itself in diversity, I always believe that secularism is the way out. Religion, while not to be disrespected or defamed (as a way to demonstrate our maturity as a people), should not guide our public lives. We must maintain a neutral posture as citizens to act for the common good of all.

I hope with the little I have mentioned, you will find me worthy of your vote and find a place in your big hearts to embrace me as one of you. I need your vote to promote a balance of quality and to make this online community conducive, progressive and entertaining for our online lives.

I thank you all in advance for your understanding and kindness.

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • Aoune32!

Aoune32!

You better start paying homage and seek tempering justice with mercy. I may just be the Basil of the forum. And my election will shock you, just as Basil's election as president in the coming years will.
    thats the old rachel corrie back hahahahahah

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    thats the old rachel corrie back hahahahahah
    I found a new love for Basil during the protests. The insults the man, undeservedly received made me feel sorry for him. And I saw the followers of warlords always targeting him more than anyone else. That made me realize that something good and unique about this man must be bothering them. Even when SHN used to praise him, I never liked the man; until the protest.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I found a new love for Basil during the protests. The insults the man, undeservedly received made me feel sorry for him. And I saw the followers of warlords always targeting him more than anyone else. That made me realize that something good and unique about this man must be bothering them. Even when SHN used to praise him, I never liked the man; until the protest.
    i think u liking the man is due to wanting to get votes from fpmers over here looool. u were the no 1 attacker of Gebran for like 3 years loooooool w khsousan lama 2al 3an Berri baltajeh.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    i think u liking the man is due to wanting to get votes from fpmers over here looool. u were the no 1 attacker of Gebran for like 3 years loooooool w khsousan lama 2al 3an Berri baltajeh.
    That's really funny. I must really be very smart and a seer. But really, I changed my view about him before the knowledge of any forum election.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Do you really? : )

Yes, I do. That is his opinion which he didn't express well. And he was not saying we should normalize ties. At least, not at this point in time. He is simply saying that normalizing ties or rather, not normalizing ties is not an ideological issue for him. It should be a matter of interest for Lebanon, that was the implication of his statement. Some Lebanese have ideological reasons to oppose normalizing ties, which is also at this time against national interests, and that is their right too. You can also oppose normalizing ties for national interests only. I think that was what Basil was trying to say. He is not the best orator in town.