• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Walid Nassar ruining LebBasketball

For those following, Walid Nassar who arrived in power thanks to political interference and alliance with Jihad Salameh been ruining our game.

It started, with him deploy the 3 foreigner rule. A move that pushed Lebanese players out of the game, and in games they are doing nothing but watching the foreigners players.

There is a foreigner in Byblos team, earning 35000 usd per month minimum, Steve Burtt. With the economical situation we are win, rather then helping Lebanese people we are paying over 400 000 usd for a foreigner in Steve Burtt.

What do FPMers think about how their party running the game of basketball?

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
For those following, Walid Nassar who arrived in power thanks to political interference and alliance with Jihad Salameh been ruining our game.

It started, with him deploy the 3 foreigner rule. A move that pushed Lebanese players out of the game, and in games they are doing nothing but watching the foreigners players.

There is a foreigner in Byblos team, earning 35000 usd per month minimum, Steve Burtt. With the economical situation we are win, rather then helping Lebanese people we are paying over 400 000 usd for a foreigner in Steve Burtt.

What do FPMers think about how their party running the game of basketball?
I for one, do not think Walid Nassar is doing a good job.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
Brace yourselves! Long post coming!

Walid nassar is not the only one to blame. The idea came from many clubs who wanted 3 imports on court. I for instance was against the idea but now bi ma2eno sarit i will
Wait till the end of the league to give my final opinion about it.
The pro and con of this new format are :

Pro :

- for 5k per month you can get a foreigner who can average 15+ pts per game while for 5k you get a lebanese player who cant score a layup! This was one of the main reasons why many clubs asked for it. The lebanese players became way overpriced for what they can really give on court.

- the level of the league is stronger now. Competition is higher and 6 teams now can beat each others and reach the final

- coaches now can take the risk of including youngsters in their rosters and give them more playing time knowing they will be accompanied by 3 foreigners on court

- due to the rise of competition many sponsors will be willing to invest in the game now.

- due to mismanagement from some teams and the greed of others many players were offered huge contracts that they dont deserve just to prevent them from going to other teams. The average price of the lebanese player became way higher than his level. Now with this new format thing will change.

Con :

- lebanese players became Shadows of themselves on court with the 3 foreigners scoring more than 2/3 of the pts.

- one of the main reasons why basketball is still going well in lebanon is the high salaries it gives which motivate lebanese players to pursue it as a career till the end . Football on the other hand cant cover your consumption of fuel per month lol . If the prices go down the interest in the game will go down also.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Brace yourselves! Long post coming!

Walid nassar is not the only one to blame. The idea came from many clubs who wanted 3 imports on court. I for instance was against the idea but now bi ma2eno sarit i will
Wait till the end of the league to give my final opinion about it.
The pro and con of this new format are :

Pro :

- for 5k per month you can get a foreigner who can average 15+ pts per game while for 5k you get a lebanese player who cant score a layup! This was one of the main reasons why many clubs asked for it. The lebanese players became way overpriced for what they can really give on court.

- the level of the league is stronger now. Competition is higher and 6 teams now can beat each others and reach the final

- coaches now can take the risk of including youngsters in their rosters and give them more playing time knowing they will be accompanied by 3 foreigners on court

- due to the rise of competition many sponsors will be willing to invest in the game now.

- due to mismanagement from some teams and the greed of others many players were offered huge contracts that they dont deserve just to prevent them from going to other teams. The average price of the lebanese player became way higher than his level. Now with this new format thing will change.

Con :

- lebanese players became Shadows of themselves on court with the 3 foreigners scoring more than 2/3 of the pts.

- one of the main reasons why basketball is still going well in lebanon is the high salaries it gives which motivate lebanese players to pursue it as a career till the end . Football on the other hand cant cover your consumption of fuel per month lol . If the prices go down the interest in the game will go down also.
My only problem with Walid is not how he handled the 3 foreigners issue. Its how he is handling the National Teams.

From our youth NT to our professional NT, most of the decisions taken were proven to be wrong.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
My only problem with Walid is not how he handled the 3 foreigners issue. Its how he is handling the National Teams.

From our youth NT to our professional NT, most of the decisions taken were proven to be wrong.
This what happens when you give people who doesnt understand the game well the final decision. It is not only his fault it is mostly the fault of ra2is lejnit el mountakhabet and co who are on the ground and doing most of the work. And those people are corrupt and has technically 0 knowledge of the game. What nassar can be blamed for was listening to them and accepting to finance their decisions without seeking a second opinion. The money ended up going to the wrong places.

The biggest scandal was the signing of loren woods in the camp in serbia. Around 25k were spent for nothing lol.

Reactions: Jo
what do you think about the standings this season? who do you think will finish first ? Do you think with this 3 foreigner rule any other team will stop AL Riyadi?

I heard about budget of some teams. Riyadi claimed 2 million, Sagesse claimed 1.3 million, Tadamon 500 thousand USD. I dont know about the others, But I assume Byblos are also well above 1 million.

This what happens when you give people who doesnt understand the game well the final decision. It is not only his fault it is mostly the fault of ra2is lejnit el mountakhabet and co who are on the ground and doing most of the work. And those people are corrupt and has technically 0 knowledge of the game. What nassar can be blamed for was listening to them and accepting to finance their decisions without seeking a second opinion. The money ended up going to the wrong places.

The biggest scandal was the signing of loren woods in the camp in serbia. Around 25k were spent for nothing lol.

Fadi Tabet, who is I think lejnit el mountakhabet claimed that he was being targetted because of the political party he represents ( that is FPM). On the lebanese basketball application interview.