War in Syria - News and Discussions [Year 2011 Events]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Advertisement
  • NAFAR

War in Syria - News and Discussions [Year 2014 Events]

This thread is to discuss the demonstrations that just started in Syria.
    Until now we have the following events:
    1) Demo in Kurds area w
    2) Demo in Damascus yesterday chanting Liberty slogans
    3) Demo today in front of interior ministry and the security forces arrest 5 demonstrators.

Will the syrian people be up to the challenge and topple the baath dictatorship regim?

Regards,

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Will the syrian people be up to the challenge and topple the baath dictatorship regim?

Regards,
    I hope so, one day, but I hope also that day is not any soon.

You see, me too, and like other mighty regional or international powers :biggrin:, I look for the interests of my country, first and foremost. So call me a hypocrite if you wish, it wouldn't bother me the least, and I will call myself a pragmatic hypocrite and stay fine with it.

As much as I truly wish for a democratic, free and peaceful Syria on my "khassirte" one day, I do not wish that Assads regime, who now is supporting HA and the oppsoition in general, goes down any soon. Not before the Saudis regime go to hell first, and definetly not before that regimes destructive agents in Lebanon go to hell with it.

But between you and me, I don't think any opposition in Syria is able within any foreseeable future to bring down Bachar. If, against all odds, this happens, Syria will probably be set on a raging civil (sectarian) war fire long before. And if that happens overthere, there's a risk our own beef will be already fried and burned. We do not want that to happen to us, or do we?

ecce homo

Syrian security forces disperse Damascus demo

DAMASCUS (AFP) – Syrian security forces on Wednesday dispersed a protest by dozens of relatives of political prisoners near the interior ministry and arrested at least nine people, AFP correspondents and witnesses said.

The protesters gathered in the landmark Marjeh Square adjacent to the interior ministry in central Damascus and were joined by several human rights activists and intellectuals, the sources said.

They were surrounded by large numbers of policemen and security agents who urged them to leave the square without resorting to violence, they added.

At least four protesters were arrested and whisked away by car, AFP correspondents said.

Witnesses said that at least five rights activists were also seized, including Kurdish blogger Kamal Hussein Sheikho who was released from jail on a 10-dollar bail Sunday at the request of his lawyer.

Sheikho, a 33-year-old literature student at the University of Damascus, was arrested June 23 last year on the Syria-Lebanon border. He is being tried for allegedly publishing "mendacious" material harmful to the country.

Author Tayeb Tizini, rights activists Mazen Darweesh and Nahed Badawiya as well as Omar Labwani, the son of prominent opposition figure Kamal Labwani who is serving a 12-year jail sentence, were also detained, the witnesses said.

Dozens of supporters of President Bashar al-Assad held a counter-demonstration in the same square, waving Syrian flags and chanting slogans of praise for the president, AFP correspondents said.

The families of 21 jailed human rights activists in Syria had announced plans to lobby Interior Minister Saeed Sammur for the release of their relatives, in a statement posted Saturday on the website of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

"We have decided to give the interior minister next Wednesday at noon a letter outlining our complaints and suffering," the families said in the statement posted online.

"After a long wait and rumours of an impending release of prisoners of conscience in Syria, our hopes have vanished," the family added.

The detainees, some of whom have spent several years behind bars, include human rights lawyers Anwar Bunni and Muhannad al-Hassani as well as engineers, doctors and writers.

Rights groups have repeatedly urged Syrian authorities to free "prisoners of conscience" and to "stop using the politics of arbitrary detention against political opponents and civil society activists."

On Tuesday Foreign Minister Walid Muallem said that political reforms would be implemented this year.

"We will take steps towards introducing political reforms this year," the foreign minister said at a news conference Tuesday with his visiting Spanish counterpart, Trinidad Jimenez.

Also on Tuesday, dozens of Syrians demonstrated for liberty and political reforms, according to videos posted on opposition websites and witnesses.

"God, Syria, liberty" and "Syrians, where are you?" chanted men and women inviting their compatriots to join a "peaceful march" which set off Tuesday from the landmark Al-Hamidiyeh souk in Old Damascus, online videos showed.

Witnesses and a human rights activist told AFP five young men near the Omayyad mosque started shouting the slogans, despite a 1963 emergency law that bans demonstrations in Syria.

The young demonstrators marched through Al-Hamidiyeh and the Hariqa souk, drawing dozens of other Syrians with them. But security forces broke up the group and arrested two of its members, witnesses said.

A Facebook page entitled "The Syrian revolution against Bashar al-Assad 2011," which has amassed about 42,000 fans, had been promoting demonstrations "in all Syrian cities" on March 15.

اعتقالات وتفريق مظاهرة في دمشق

اعتقلت قوات الأمن السورية اليوم محتجين شاركوا في مظاهرة سلمية نظمت أمام وزارة الداخلية بالعاصمة دمشق، للمطالبة بالإفراج عن المعتقلين السياسيين، في حين أكد المرصد السوري لحقوق الإنسان أن الناشطة سهير الأتاسي اعتقلت خلال المظاهرة.

وقال مدير مكتب الجزيرة في دمشق عبد الحميد توفيق أن حوالي مائة شخص تجمعوا اليوم أمام وزارة الداخلية السورية ورفعوا صورا ولافتات تطالب بالإفراج عن المعتقلين.

وأضاف أن قوات الأمن تدخلت لتفريق المحتجين مستخدمة الضرب والعنف والقسوة، معتبرا أن هذه الأساليب تستخدمها السلطات مع نفس الأحداث التي تراها مناهضة لها وغير مرخص لها.

وكشف مدير مكتب الجزيرة في دمشق أن مصادر حقوقية أكدت له أن وزارة الداخلية السورية استقبلت ممثلين عن ثماني عائلات معتقلين، مشيرا إلى أنه لم يتضح ما الذي جرى بين الطرفين.

ومن جهتها، نقلت وكالة رويترز عن شاهد عيان قوله إن قوات الأمن السورية فرقت نحو 150 شخصا في مظاهرة اليوم، وأنها انهالت على الحشد بالهراوات، مما أدى إلى إصابة متظاهر على الأقل في رأسه.

وأضاف أنه شاهد قوات الأمن وهي تعتقل خمسة محتجين.

وأشارت وكالة الأنباء الفرنسية إلى اعتقال أربعة متظاهرين، مؤكدة أن العشرات من مؤيدي الرئيس السوري بشار الأسد تجمعوا في نفس المكان.

وكانت عائلات 21 معتقلا سياسيا في السجون السورية أعلنت في بيان قبل أيام أنها ستنظم مظاهرة سلمية أمام وزارة الداخلية بدمشق لإيصال رسالتها لوزير الداخلية وللمسؤولين بضرورة الإفراج عن ذويهم المعتقلين.

وبدورها منظمات حقوق الإنسان في سوريا طالبت مرارا السلطات بالإفراج عن سجناء الرأي.

"
    وأنشأ ناشطون سوريون صفحات على فيسبوك اجتذبت عشرات الآلاف تضمنت دعوات للتظاهر في كل أنحاء سوريا الثلاثاء للمطالبة بالتغيير في البلاد. ومن أبرز الصفحات الداعية للاعتصام صفحة "الثورة السورية 2011" وصفحة "يوم الغضب السوري".
    "
    حريات
    ونظمت مظاهرة اليوم أمام وزارة الداخلية للإفراج عن المعتقلين السياسيين بعد يوم من خروج عشرات السوريين في وسط العاصمة دمشق في مظاهرة احتجاج قال مدير مكتب الجزيرة في دمشق إنها طالبت بالحريات والإصلاح وبالإفراج عن المعتقلين.

وأكد المشاركون في المسيرة -التي انطلقت من أمام الجامع الأموي في دمشق واتجهت إلى سوق الحميدية- أنها سلمية ورددوا هتافات "الحرية الحرية" و"الشعب السوري ما بينذل".

وقالت الأتاسي للجزيرة أمس إنها للمرة الأولى تسمع هتافات تنادي بالحرية في سوريا.

وأوضحت الأتاسي أن المظاهرة سرعان ما رفعت شعارات تمثل توق الشعب السوري كله وبمختلف طوائفه إلى الحرية.

ولكن عناصر من قوات الأمن السورية قامت بتفريقهم واحتجزت عددا منهم. وفي نفس المكان انطلقت مظاهرة أخرى مؤيدة للرئيس السوري بشار الأسد، حسب شهود عيان.

وأنشأ ناشطون سوريون صفحات على فيسبوك اجتذبت عشرات الآلاف تضمنت دعوات للتظاهر الثلاثاء في كل أنحاء سوريا للمطالبة بالتغيير في البلاد. ومن أبرز الصفحات الداعية للاعتصام صفحة "الثورة السورية 2011" وصفحة "يوم الغضب السوري".

Aljazeera.net

Syria a country that occupied Lebanon for 30 odd years, tormented its citizens is now considered a regional file to discuss while Bahrain, Libya and Egypt are not? what is going on guys?

The opposition to the regime is picking up steam and the people have become less hesistant in voicing their opinion against the 40 years rule of one single family. Check this facebook page "The Syrian Revolution 2011" with nearly 50,000 members and increasing by the hour. There, you can get a glimpse about how much the syrians have been suffering.

رويترز: اشتباكات بين متظاهرين وقوات الامن في مدينة سوري

some are saying that at least 2 protesters were killed

#Syria ا.ف.ب : اربعة قتلى على ايدي قوات الامن السورية في درعا نقلا عن ناشط حقوقي

confirmed

Noborders

Legendary Member
    [VBTUBE]QLdC3sMs3hY[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]5_juJ0X5ELI[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]gudqUvE-Tzo[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]W5O2UB4m8aA[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]ufklQt5Q24s[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]6TrvpQRTH1Q[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]9jluOf9vXL0[/VBTUBE]

Last edited:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Syria a country that occupied Lebanon for 30 odd years, tormented its citizens is now considered a regional file to discuss while Bahrain, Libya and Egypt are not? what is going on guys?
    I think we need it ta t2alle3 a little more, that means more noise and violence, before it qualifies to be moved to the front end in the political forum.

zodiac

why are they protesting in Syria???

They love the regime, they love Assad, Assad is a national hero, freedom of protesting is a right for everyone in Syria... freedom is overwhelming.. walaw!

I guess its a lie.. no one is dead and do one is protesting! i guess its a syrian movie scene! pfff...

The hardest regime of them all... here we go

The hardest not because of bashar l assad's army but because the majority of the people in syria support l assad. If you see people in the video protesting to bring him down others will protest to keep him. If the page against assad on Facebook got around 50,000 fans the page that is pro-assad got around 122,000 fans.
    The people will fight against each other before the syrian army is even involved.

anyway we'll see what happens but hopefully they leave Lebanon alone we don't want any "ze3ran" entering Lebanon for protection.

Noborders

Legendary Member
    The hardest not because of bashar l assad's army but because the majority of the people in syria support l assad. If you see people in the video protesting to bring him down others will protest to keep him. If the page against assad on Facebook got around 50,000 fans the page that is pro-assad got around 122,000 fans.
    The people will fight against each other before the syrian army is even involved.

anyway we'll see what happens but hopefully they leave Lebanon alone we don't want any "ze3ran" entering Lebanon for protection.
    Talking about majority please give me your sources how do you know that the majority of the Syrian support Assad's regime?

The 12200 fans on the facebook are not only Syrian by the way, a lot of them are Lebanese and other different nationalities!

Syria is one of the hardest Arab countries to get what really goes on over there!
    The hardest of all in the region Is probably KSA & Syria, everything is so controlled and impossible for the media to report anything!

And if you are Lebanese you should know how things works in Syria very well!

LebArmenian

Talking about majority please give me your sources how do you know that the majority of the Syrian support Assad's regime?

The 12200 fans on the facebook are not only Syrian by the way, a lot of them are Lebanese and other different nationalities!

Syria is one of the hardest Arab countries to get what really goes on over there!
    The hardest of all in the region Is probably KSA & Syria, everything is so controlled and impossible for the media to report anything!

And if you are Lebanese you should know how things works in Syria very well!
    i have syrian relatives, from Aleppo and Damascus and Latakia, they worship Bashar el assad.

Noborders

Legendary Member
    i have syrian relatives, from Aleppo and Damascus and Latakia, they worship Bashar el assad.
    so if your relatives worship bachoura it means the majority of the syrian will do the same?

I never said that nobody support bachar but saying the majority do is far from any true facts!

Status
    Not open for further replies.