• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Yemen War in Yemen

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Khamanei is surely laughing dragging saudi arabia and all its friends into this war. I always thought saudi arabia would be wise and accept the houthis and negotiate with them ( i even said so before that saudi arabia has no basic problem with houthis), but saudi arabia seems have no problem publicly supporting qaeda and isis now which is what they're doing in iraq and syria, so they're going full fledged salafi suicidal war.

It is too early to decide who is getting strategical advantage.
You need to wait and see how the situation will evolve.
If the KSA & Co. attack becomes bogged down in a war of attrition, then you can say that Iran got the upper hand. But in case the victory was swift and decisive, then it will KSA.
Even if the civil war drag on (which was practically the case before today) but in case KSA was able to reduce the Houthis hold on the land, then it would be a good point for them.

Dreaming in Red

It is too early to decide who is getting strategical advantage.
You need to wait and see how the situation will evolve.
If the KSA & Co. attack becomes bogged down in a war of attrition, then you can say that Iran got the upper hand. But in case the victory was swift and decisive, then it will KSA.
Even if the civil war drag on (which was practically the case before today) but in case KSA was able to reduce the Houthis hold on the land, then it would be a good point for them.

Not really. The point for the houthis was never to control all yemen, because they cant and its 55% sunnis and its massive responsibility that will make them lose support with time, it's point was to control as much as possible and important places. If saudi arabia does nothing but hold houthis where they were ( even without aden), then this is something Iran could make use of because the houthis would decide to stop going south and east and instead go north to saudi arabia where there are yemenis there waiting for liberation; they already have the pretext now because the saudis started it. As for south yemen, with time , especially if saudi arabia fails to get rid of houthis, will simply stay in their own state and the houthis in the northern region battling saudis. In the south already the "south movement" controls many areas and has support.

J. Abizeid

I think this operation is to make Obama look bad because of the negotiation with the Iranians.
It's mainly a favor for Israel and the rest of the Gulf States.
It's also an act of desperation that might backfire if the Obama administration didn't approve of it.
The ultimate goal is to get Iran drawn in the conflict to sabotage the Nuclear talks.
I think Iran is fully aware of the objective and smart enough to control itself.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Arabs killing each other, I wonder who is laughing.
This is nothing new, they have been doing this since the start of time. Tribes invading each other for women and cattle. Nothing has changed today except for the means (they got more lethal).

I wonder if camarade Putin has something to say in this, or is it beyond its vital space ???

NewB

Legendary Member
This is nothing new, they have been doing this since the start of time. Tribes invading each other for women and cattle. Nothing has changed today except for the means (they got more lethal).

I wonder if camarade Putin has something to say in this, or is it beyond its vital space ???

The US is staying out of it and acting only as a protection force for KSA. The question should be "are we going to see Sulaymani selfies in Sanaa" ?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

الحريري:- الشعب اليمني سيكون مع التدخل العسكري العربي ضد الحوثيين- التدخل الايراني في اليمن يقتضي ردة فعل عربية
- قرار الملك سلمان بالتدخل في اليمن عسكريا حكيم وشجاع

بدأت فرقة الزقيفي

NewB

Legendary Member
When did you notice that?o_O

I ran out of kat :(

"downed plane" if you can find it

Also how the fk is Egypt working with Qatar ?

Dreaming in Red

The main sites being hit is the ex-saudi guy Saleh's army groups since they're the "marked" places while houthis are more like scattered rebels. Basically the saudis are getting rid of houthi's burden Saleh, now houthis dont have to worry about using army groups as a way to present a legitimate rule, they can simply act on their own if all main army positions are demolished ... they can present their own legitimacy by simply being strong enough to remain intact in their areas. The houthis used Saleh to take over basically most important areas in yemen with ease often without fighting ( that's why everything was controlled so fast), now the saudis are getting rid of saleh for the houthis. I say smart move by houthis.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Saudi Arabia is now involved in a military adventure on its border....while Iran is sitting and watching
It is actually the GCC, it is a coalition of 10 countries, Saudi Arabia invades in Bahrain it invades in Yemen and invades Syria and Iraq through its ISIS proxy, while Iran loses territory and control.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
@SaudiNews50: عاجل - 100 طائرة سعودية ، و30 طائرة إماراتية ، و 10 طائرات قطرية ، و 8 طائرات بحرينية تشارك في عمليات قصف #الحوثيين .

#الحرب_على_الحوثيين

what happened to not interfering in other countries' affairs? Why is it now bad for HA to fight in Syria against the rebels, but it is ok for Saudi ARabia to fight in Yemen against the rebels?

NewB

Legendary Member
عملية "عاصفة الحزم" تعلن أجواء اليمن منطقة محظورة .

NewB

Legendary Member
علنت عشر دول مشاركتها في عملية ‏"عاصفة الحزم‬" التي تستهدف معاقل ‏الحوثيين‬ في ‏اليمن‬ ،وهي دول :‫ ‏السعودية‬ و ‫‏قطر‬ و ‏الكويت‬ و ‏البحرين‬ و ‏مصر‬ والمغرب‬ و‏السودان‬ و ‏باكستان‬ و‏الأردن‬ و‏الإمارات‬. -

source: rassd (dot) com

J. Abizeid

what happened to not interfering in other countries' affairs? Why is it now bad for HA to fight in Syria against the rebels, but it is ok for Saudi ARabia to fight in Yemen against the rebels?
I suppose you are trying invoke common sense vis-à-vis Bush's New World Order.