• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

Question Warm clothes - how to keep warm in the winter

Muki

Staff member
So, looking at our North Pole forumers (aka the Canadians), how do you stay warm in the winter?
What clothes do you prefer?

Wearing two layers and freezing my ass off at 45dF in dry SoCal cold. A77oo. Halp plz.

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    So, looking at our North Pole forumers (aka the Canadians), how do you stay warm in the winter?

Wearing two layers and freezing my ass off at 45dF in dry SoCal cold. A77oo. Halp plz.
    Don't underestimate the value of a good scarf and hat! Not only do they look good ( tis the season to be fashionable with accessories :p) but they also provide you with the much needed warmth in your neck and head areas !

You can also move around to generate heat and avoid being outside whenever you want to sit or rest. It's never a good idea to admire the scenery and frolick in public gardens during winter , just finish up your business and go!

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Do you have heating in your house? If not, that's why you're cold.

In the winter, I can stay in my house in Canada with sleeveless shirts and flipflops, when it's minus 10C outside, while in Lebanon, I'd be freezing with two sweaters on, when it was over 0 degrees. It's just because some houses there don't have proper heating and insulation.

If your house doesn't have heating, you can try a portable heater. Just make sure to read about and follow safety guidelines.

Clothes wise, make sure you have warm socks on. And at least one of the two layers you have on should be a thick sweater. If that still doesn't cut it, wear a thermal base layer. You can find them in stores that sell sports / camping / hiking / skiing related equipment and clothing.

Iron Maiden

Her Royal Brincess
    Staff member
    Or you could just take some testosterone shots and brave the cold like all other men by saying what the hell are you talking about its not cold, while your testicules burry deep inside.

I recommend this product:
    testosterone-injection1.jpg

Pure Bio-testosterone, makes you wanna move like jagger

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Or you could just take some testosterone shots and brave the cold like all other men by saying what the hell are you talking about its not cold, while your testicules burry deep inside.

I recommend this product:
    testosterone-injection1.jpg

Pure Bio-testosterone, makes you wanna move like jagger
    The mind is more powerful. If you don't freak out about the cold that much, it doesn't bite you so hard.

The other day, I needed to get something near my house, with the car. We already have a thin layer of snow on the ground, and we got some freezing rain this weak. But I was like...I'm not changing into shoes / boots for a 5 minute errand: the snow is not deep enough to cover my feet, I'm staying in my flipflops :p

Spot the Canadian :)

eccentric-man-wearing-shorts-and-flip-flops-in-a-snow-storm-C4PYBX.jpg

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The mind is more powerful. If you don't freak out about the cold that much, it doesn't bite you so hard.

The other day, I needed to get something near my house, with the car. We already have a thin layer of snow on the ground, and we got some freezing rain this weak. But I was like...I'm not changing into shoes / boots for a 5 minute errand: the snow is not deep enough to cover my feet, I'm staying in my flipflops :p

Spot the Canadian :)

eccentric-man-wearing-shorts-and-flip-flops-in-a-snow-storm-C4PYBX.jpg
    ^I actually don't know if he's Canadian...but...what else could he possibly be...other than Russian :p

mrsrx

Newish Member
    Orange Room Supporter

I go for natural warmth! (not the king you are thinking about you poopyhead)

I am talking about fat and body hair coat like any proud Mediterranean! Eat loads of hummus to become as hairy as they come and add to it awarma for the fat! and voila no more suffering!

Danny Z

Legendary Member

What is 45 F bill 3arabi?

Muki

Staff member
    Don't underestimate the value of a good scarf and hat! Not only do they look good ( tis the season to be fashionable with accessories :p) but they also provide you with the much needed warmth in your neck and head areas !

You can also move around to generate heat and avoid being outside whenever you want to sit or rest. It's never a good idea to admire the scenery and frolick in public gardens during winter , just finish up your business and go!
    I always wear a beanie, but I guess it's time to bust out the scarf. I keep forgetting it's December already and there's no point delaying. It doesn't help that I almost never see anyone wearing a scarf here ?.

I suppose that's my problem! You are asking the wrong person to stay inside. I like to be outdoors. I know wool is typically considered one of the best material to keep you warm. Any others you know that I should search for?