Announcements Weird..

Nayla

Nayla

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
When the posts are deleted, the likes go with them while the dislikes stay here..
why???
Shouldn't they go together or stay together?

• Advertisement
  • kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    When the posts are deleted, the likes go with them while the dislikes stay here..
    why???
    Shouldn't they go together or stay together?
    I have raised this question before to @Jo (forgot if @Hawkeye also), and was wondering the same thing! I hope we can have some software updates to solve this issue.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I have raised this question before to @Jo (forgot if @Hawkeye also), and was wondering the same thing! I hope we can have some software updates to solve this issue.
    eh 3mile ma3rouf w raja2an l7a2ilna el ossa ma3 el maraje3 el moukhtassa, iza ma fi ez3aj madame kmarthe, haidole el likes 7a22oun 3ara2 w kadd, manna mle2yinoun 3al tari2. The post you delete and waste manno kteer mhemm, it's the likes we're interested in keeping.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    eh 3mile ma3rouf w raja2an l7a2ilna el ossa ma3 el maraje3 el moukhtassa, iza ma fi ez3aj madame kmarthe, haidole el likes 7a22oun 3ara2 w kadd, manna mle2yinoun 3al tari2. The post you delete and waste manno kteer mhemm, it's the likes we're interested in keeping.
    Eh tekram 3eynak MMM! I will keep the pressure on @Jo :shifty: (let's hope he doesn't me kick me out of this OR :p )

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Very interesting subject, I hope the administration of the forum would take care of it.

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    A nice idea would be to have a diary in order to write down everyday the number of likes you receive and the nicknames of those sweet persons who clicked, also you need to keep tracking the devils who were so mean and evil to press the dislike button. May they suffer from Zika!

Nayla

Nayla

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    bl 3aks, posts are very important and we take time to write them, especially those where we express our anger trying not to bash anyone.
    Bass le72o w taro l posts w ra7o l likes with the posts, yekhdo ma3on l dislikes bi tari2on :p
    enno, why should we keep the dislikes and lose the likes?
    we keep them together or we lose them together, hek hek l post tar :p

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    A nice idea would be to have a diary in order to write down everyday the number of likes you receive and the nicknames of those sweet persons who clicked, also you need to keep tracking the devils who were so mean and evil to press the dislike button. May they suffer from Zika!
    bl 3aks, posts are very important and we take time to write them, especially those where we express our anger trying not to bash anyone.
    Bass le72o w taro l posts w ra7o l likes with the posts, yekhdo ma3on l dislikes bi tari2on :p
    enno, why should we keep the dislikes and lose the likes?
    we keep them together or we lose them together, hek hek l post tar :p
    In an attempt to increase both the quantitative and qualitative posting activities, here's a suggestion for the next forum generation while keeping some fun:

Starting from scratch with zero likes/dislikes for all members,

- Every member gets an equally limited amount of different likes and dislikes symbols, that (s)he can use within a 3 months period.

- According to an algorithm calculated from say a weekly ratio of one's posting activities, this amount can be continuously either increased or decreased. (remember we're after inciting more forum activity participation through posting, voting in polls, rating posts.. )

- Have different magnitudes of likes and dislikes with different symbols. Say you can have 3 different 'like' symbols with varying magnitudes/strengths, and similarly 3 different 'dislikes' symbols, with ditto scoring point values for each.

For example, for "likes" you have, from lowest magnitude to highest, the following symbols:
    - a piece of bonbon (mildly liked/appreciated post) = 1 point
    - a piece of cake ( strongly appreciated) = 2 p
    - a crown (highly celebrated / top quality post) = 5 p

for dislikes:
    - one thorn (mildly unlike) = -1 p
    - a thistle ( strongly unliked) = -2 p
    - a hammer ( hugely detested) = -5 p

Every 12 months period there's an evaluation party where active members get their earned likes and dislikes presented in a list. The total sum of Likes and Dislikes is then calculated for each where the total of Dislikes points reduce the total of Likes points and a score result is presented.
    Those with highest total Likes score result win something valuable.. euh and mm.. like honor and their name listed in a current Year's Hall of Fame.

Losers are not talked about.

Also allowing a trading black market of Likes to grow in the shadows, where rich Likes-people will be able to exchange different values of Likes with others, will get people to learn the art of making deals with each other, negotiate and bargain, something that is needed in the outside jungle. They'd also strive for more Likes and in the process increase their quantitative forum participation, but most importantly the quality of their posts.:)

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In an attempt to increase both the quantitative and qualitative posting activities, here's a suggestion for the next forum generation while keeping some fun:

- Every member gets an equally limited amount of different likes and dislikes symbols, that (s)he can use within a 3 months period.

- According to an algorithm calculated from say a weekly ratio of one's posting activities, this amount can be continuously either increased or decreased. (remember we're after inciting more forum activity participation through posting, voting in polls, rating posts.. )

- Have different magnitudes of likes and dislikes with different symbols. Say you can have 3 different 'like' symbols with varying magnitudes/strengths, and similarly 3 different 'dislikes' symbols, with ditto scoring point values for each.

For example, for "likes" you have, from lowest magnitude to highest, the following symbols:

for dislikes:

Every 12 months period there's an evaluation party where active members get their earned likes and dislikes presented in a list. The total sum of Likes and Dislikes is then calculated for each where the total of Dislikes points reduce the total of Likes points and a score result is presented.
    Those with highest total Likes score result win something valuable.. euh and mm.. like honor and their name listed in a current Year's Hall of Fame.

Also allowing a trading black market of Likes to grow in the shadows, where rich Likes-people will be able to exchange different values of Likes with others, will get people to learn the art of making deals with each other, negotiate and bargain, something that is needed in the outside jungle. They'd also strive for more Likes and in the process increase their quantitative forum participation, but most importantly the quality of their posts.:)

There are also other important steps that could be taken, such as establishing a grocery store for likes, where you can buy some and add to your total, thus s/he can strut around showing his/ her likes after forging them in a necklace, you can also throw some on the ra22asa should the forum admins decide to organize a party and invite one.

Starting a bank could also be a good idea where you can take interest on your likes and sell them in the black market you mentioned. Holding the sins of others and giving them salvation through accepting their dislikes to be transferred under your name, in exchange for cash would be the deal of the century, and if someone asks you why, tell them it's out of human compassion.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    There are also other important steps that could be taken, such as establishing a grocery store for likes, where you can buy some and add to your total, thus s/he can strut around showing his/ her likes after forging them in a necklace, you can also throw some on the ra22asa should the forum admins decide to organize a party and invite one.

Starting a bank could also be a good idea where you can take interest on your likes and sell them in the black market you mentioned. Holding the sins of others and giving them salvation through accepting their dislikes to be transferred under your name, in exchange for cash would be the deal of the century, and if someone asks you why, tell them it's out of human compassion.
    The possibilities for what you can do with Likes are endless.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

for dislikes:

nice post. how long did it take you to write it?

Nayla

Nayla

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

for dislikes:

Fekra..
    maybe I have seen this kind of appreciations in some game, but this post has nothing to do with the one you have quoted (mine ye3ne :p ) and it solves nothing.

The question was:

why the dislikes do not leave with the post, as the likes do?
    why the dislikes stay when the post is deleted?
    do you have a solution?

Last edited:
    My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Fekra, maybe I have seen this kind of appreciations in some game, but this post has nothing to do with the one you have quoted (mine ye3ne :p ) and it solves nothing.

The question was:

why the dislikes do not leave with the post, as the likes do?
    why the dislikes stay when the post is deleted?
    do you have a solution?
    Fekra.. bass this fekra was inspired by a joint I drank 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours and 6 minutes ago and was kept in the freezer of my subconscious until your post reminded me of it. it's only a further development of the likes/dislikes thing.

Bass true, it does not solve your issue with the lost likes and kept dislikes when posts are deleted.. But don't despair, I have a direct solution to that: Do not care much about them dislikes being kept :D

Nayla

Nayla

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Fekra.. bass this fekra was inspired by a joint I drank 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours and 6 minutes ago and was kept in the freezer of my subconscious until your post reminded me of it. it's only a further development of the likes/dislikes thing.

Bass true, it does not solve your issue with the lost likes and kept dislikes when posts are deleted.. But don't despair, I have a direct solution to that: Do not care much about them dislikes being kept :D
    ya @Moon, ya teslamle :D
    I do not care about them staying or disappearing, bl ekhir mesh ra7 yen2as men rasideh shi bl bank l markaze :D
    l 2ossa 2ossit mabda2 :p

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ya @Moon, ya teslamle :D
    I do not care about them staying or disappearing, bl ekhir mesh ra7 yen2as men rasideh shi bl bank l markaze :D
    l 2ossa 2ossit mabda2 :p
    Ya @Nayla :) , ya tou2breene if/iza bmout ever, w akeed men ba3d 3oumran taweel kteer kteer aktar bikteer men ma betssawwar w kish barra w la b3eed w bi izn allah la2..

Halla2 marr2ile yeha wlo. Bass to tell you the truth, after extensive ba7eth wa estejwab I don't see where my dislikes are.. Can it be so I have no dislikes, zero? Won't surprise me frankly if that's the case, but it could also be so that my jilde has become like a tefal after so many dislikes I got from @Chanklish, they simply slide away and disappear. Else I don't really know where to look after those dislikes you nag so much about. Please advice where to find them. :hungover:

Nayla

Nayla

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ya @Nayla :) , ya tou2breene if/iza bmout ever, w akeed men ba3d 3oumran taweel kteer kteer aktar bikteer men ma betssawwar w kish barra w la b3eed w bi izn allah la2..

Halla2 marr2ile yeha wlo. Bass to tell you the truth, after extensive ba7eth wa estejwab I don't see where my dislikes are.. Can it be so I have no dislikes, zero? Won't surprise me frankly if that's the case, but it could also be so that my jilde has become like a tefal after so many dislikes I got from @Chanklish, they simply slide away and disappear. Else I don't really know where to look after those dislikes you nag so much about. Please advice where to find them. :hungover:
    awwalan, I'm not a "mortician", beddish 2o2bor 7ada :p
    taniyan... "nag"? ana? je? nag? bisharafak, halla2 tlo3et ana 3am "nag"? :dead: :sour:
    talitan, ma ra7 dellak waynon 7atta ma teshghol belak :rolleyes:

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    awwalan, I'm not a "mortician", beddish 2o2bor 7ada :p
    taniyan... "nag"? ana? je? nag? bisharafak, halla2 tlo3et ana 3am "nag"? :dead: :sour:
    talitan, ma ra7 dellak waynon 7atta ma teshghol belak :rolleyes:
    awwal shi: Don't worry, mish 7a to2bre 7adan, only el fou2r wel sharr.. ba3den ana I said if/iza bmout, ye3ne sa3be.
    teni shi: nag in the sense 'want badly', nothing negative in that. I nag ten times every hour of the day, about wanting allah's mercy over my soul. You do want badly the remaining dislikes bug to be fixed, don't you?
    telit shi: if I need to dig deep to find those dislikes, they must be pretty much invisible by design, and in that case they don't exist.. to me. :p

Nayla

Nayla

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    awwal shi: Don't worry, mish 7a to2bre 7adan, only el fou2r wel sharr.. ba3den ana I said if/iza bmout, ye3ne sa3be.
    teni shi: nag in the sense 'want badly', nothing negative in that. I nag ten times every hour of the day, about wanting allah's mercy over my soul. You do want badly the remaining dislikes bug to be fixed, don't you?
    telit shi: if I need to dig deep to find those dislikes, they must be pretty much invisible by design, and in that case they don't exist.. to me. :p
    ntaha l mawdou3..