Welcome Back Lebanese detained in Israel

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Is this guy Lebanese or Israeli? how did he get the Israeli citizenship? was he imprisoned because they accused him of being a Hezbolla spy or is it because he wanted to take his two girls to Lebanon? What are the exact details of his imprisonment and why was he released?

4U2IMI8

Is this guy Lebanese or Israeli? how did he get the Israeli citizenship? was he imprisoned because they accused him of being a Hezbolla spy or is it because he wanted to take his two girls to Lebanon? What are the exact details of his imprisonment and why was he released?

His mother is a Lebanese/ jew, she gave him the Israeli citizenship. He is a dual citizen Lebanese/Israeli. He was arrested for helping HA with sensitive information about the State of Israel. Israel after the arrest took away his citizenship and denied him sending his girls to Lebanon. He is released because he served his sentence. He was supposed to be released I believe in April, but they delayed his release in the hope of gaining more negotiating points with HA.
Legally they can't hold him any longer.

Mar1K

His mother is a Lebanese/ jew, she gave him the Israeli citizenship. He is a dual citizen Lebanese/Israeli. He was arrested for helping HA with sensitive information about the State of Israel. Israel after the arrest took away his citizenship and denied him sending his girls to Lebanon. He is released because he served his sentence. He was supposed to be released I believe in April, but they delayed his release in the hope of gaining more negotiating points with HA.

since when they care about "Legally"? they are negotiating his rightfull release

Danny Z

Legendary Member

Is his wife israeli or lebanese? where are his girls now?

4U2IMI8

since when they care about "Legally"? they are negotiating his rightfull release

By legally I meant the legal system in Israel. The government bypassed his release a few time to use him as a card in the swap deal. I guess a deal was struck, that's why he's being released.

Samir Kuntar deserves to rot in an Israeli prison. He's a murderer, plain and simple. I'd feel embarassed having him admitted back into Lebanon. As for Nisr, I don't know much about him, but if he's innocent by every definition of the word, he should be returned to Lebanon and I'm glad he's coming back.

4U2IMI8

Samir Kuntar deserves to rot in an Israeli prison. He's a murderer, plain and simple. I'd feel embarassed having him admitted back into Lebanon. As for Nisr, I don't know much about him, but if he's innocent by every definition of the word, he should be returned to Lebanon and I'm glad he's coming back.

Whatever you think of Samir Quentar is inconsequential. You’re embarrassed, we’re very proud of him.
We don’t advertise what we do because we don’t need to score political points with anyone. HA and the FPM has been working very hard to release the detainees in Syria, and they will keep doing so. For the last three years, the government not only did nothing in tat regard, but fueled the relations with Syria to the point of almost declaring them enemies. Ask the Lebanese government to bring them back.
This HA phobia is amazing, leih ba3*inkoun hal2ad wlo?

lebanon_first

First, Why not rot in a Lebanese prison? Let the Lebanese justice decide!
Second, being a murderer is a relative thing here, supposing you are right in which case he deserves not only to rot in a prison but to rot in hell, can I ask you why do you accept to have as an idol someone who committed crimes during the Lebanese war (which is exactly the same case as Kuntar)?
Why Kuntar deserves to rot in prison and why the other is your idol?

Pasteur

In the last interview with Samir Qentar's family, I noticed that they were hanging a picture for Waleed Jumblat...have any one noticed it too? isnt that a bot weird?

Mar1K

In the last interview with Samir Qentar's family, I noticed that they were hanging a picture for Waleed Jumblat...have any one noticed it too? isnt that a bot weird?
Pasteur, is the interview available for download?

Dalzi

Legendary Member
Listen, in life you shouldn't take all your parents say for granted. Search yourself and find your own answers. You should be ashamed especially since your history is stamped with the blood of your own people. Talmudians don't hold that on top of your "stairway to heaven" dearly for you to ask them to keep those who faught them off our soil in their rotten jails. Shame.

Welcome home Samir and all the other heroes. You deserve to be on the land you sacrificed for.

Tanios

FYI Samir Kantar is druze. It's not an explanation, but it's the case.

Tanios

Kind of agree. But he was captured in 1979 , this is 29 years ago !!!

I think he should be freed. My only hope is that he is not welcomed as a hero.

This guy is a butcher who slauhtered an israeli family. He's not hero.

The israeli were guilty after the slaughter in Sabra and Chatila. He's guilty.

The fairness of a cause is just tarnished by people like Kantar.

Ana3arabi!

I have to correct your info , his mother did not give him the Israeli citizenship ! His mother is Lebanese and is not Israeli citizen. She lives in South Lebanon & even wears the Hijab even though she is originally Jewish. He got the israeli citizenship because he went to Israel based on the "law of return" which allows any Jew (a Jew is someone whose mother is Jewish--we're not talking about the mother being Israeli here!) to get citizenship. His citizenship was not taken away from him after his arrest BTW -- he was arrested & tried as an Israeli citizen. He decided to give up on the Israeli citizenship... it was a personal choice. He did it in order to be part of a future deal for exchange of prisoners , and to return to Lebanon ...

Ana3arabi!

I don't know about that, but so what ? His family are free to have whatever political views they want , and it won't change the fact that it wasn't WJ who set him free but HA. So who cares. His brother Bassam is 10000% pro-HA BTW. Samir Quntar is a munadil & would never side w/ someone like WJ , after having spent so many decades in prison .
Anyway, it does not matter , he will be a free man , free physically & free to support whoever he wants politically. his release as part of the exchange with Israel is unconditional on the part of HA.

Ana3arabi!

للأسف هناك معلومات تتحدث أن يحيى سكاف توفي بعد العملية وهو مدفون في مكان ما ، وحتى الإسرائليين مضيعين وين هي الجثة وأين دفنت لهذا كانوا دائما في المفاوضات السابقة ينكرون وجوده
Well, here's the thing , they could have been saying that in order to keep him as a bargaining chip for info on Ron Arad . there is info from prisoners in Israel that says that he is alive and is being held in Israeli prison . i don't know which one is right & which one is wrong but for now we can't really take Israeli claims for granted. HA never did . anyway , even if he is dead , it is highly doubtful that the Israelis would not know where he was buried . they have been burying the corpses of enemy soldiers since the 70s in special "enemy graveyards " .

Ana3arabi!

This is Nassim Nisr's mom :D

p06_20080529_pic2.jpg

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Nassim's mom is a Lebanese Jew and not an Israeli woman.

she's an Israeli woman too, that's how he got his israeli citizenship: through her since a son of a jewish woman is naturally a jew according to them. Every jew in the world can immigrate to Israel and be granted citizenship, it is the only democracy in the middle east where citizens are treated equaly only if they are jews depending on their origins.