What’s happening between ex-minister Elias Bou Saab and journalist Jean Aziz ?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Aziz can not accuse the man who was appointed by the president himself to take care of the cooperation with foreign institutions and donors of stealing the refugees' money and then stay as advisor of the president.

Aziz harmed the credibility of the president with his reckless statemment. I think he was told to resign to save face instead of being sacked.
The question is, did he do it alone ?! it seems weird to me that he took such decision without consulting anyone ?!
Can anyone from the team of the president publicly accuse/attack another member because of some statements on which he did not agree?
The most he can do is go and complain to the president but he can't yenshor ghassil on TV...

• Advertisement
  • lebanese1

Legendary Member
    mish khabiseh, but realistic...
    it is clear there is a power struggle...
    Mireille might not like Bassil policies...
    others too, otherwise how do you interpret Roukoz Tweet about Berri...
    of course there may very well be a competition but it can't reach this level of hurting the credibility of the president by his daughter for this sake as you are alluding.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    of course there may very well be a competition but it can't reach this level of hurting the credibility of the president by his daughter for this sake as you are alluding.
    I am not alluding to anything, I am trying to interpret a situation.
    Of course she won't hurt her father, but this is only true if she thinks she is hurting her father and not only an adviser who is the buddy of Bassil and can be replaced as Jean Aziz is going to be replaced.

superduper703

what on earth does bassil has to do with this? #bassilophobia at its best.
    It's a power struggle that came to the fore because of Bassil foot-in-mouth attack on Berri. No one will win against Bassil, as long as 3ammo is still alive. You can slap lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    I am not alluding to anything, I am trying to interpret a situation.
    Of course she won't hurt her father, but this is only true if she thinks she is hurting her father and not only an adviser who is the buddy of Bassil and can be replaced as Jean Aziz is going to be replaced.
    So GMA appointed Bou Saab to coordinate with donors regarding the refugees crisis and then Aziz comes and say HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY ya donors, the man who is coordinating with you on behalf of PMA is stealing your money!!!!!!! Where is the credibility of the president?

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    It's a power struggle that came to the fore because of Bassil foot-in-mouth attack on Berri. No one will win against Bassil, as long as 3ammo is still alive. You can slap lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
    yet it is aziz who is leaving when it is abou saab who stood by birri. if anything this proves exactly the opposite of your point.

iyem sowm, ma badna nza3lak :) bass lezim teshteghil 3ala 7elak noussi aktar.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    So GMA appointed Bou Saab to coordinate with donors regarding the refugees crisis and then Aziz comes and say HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY ya donors, the man who is coordinating with you on behalf of PMA is stealing your money!!!!!!! Where is the credibility of the president?
    Ok I got it. You think that Aziz acted alone.
    Fine.
    Still I find it hard to believe. Aziz might be the editor in chief but he is not the owner. He surely knows that everything he says on the news will impact the channel and him personally. So I don't think he took the bet to put PMA in front of a choice either him or Bou Saab.
    My own guess is that he found some support from Mireille inorder to take his aim publicly
    Now she might not have been aware of what he is going to say exactly, probably she didn't want to go that far...

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Fine.
    Still I find it hard to believe. Aziz might be the editor in chief but he is not the owner. He surely knows that everything he says on the news will impact the channel and him personally. So I don't think he took the bet to put PMA in front of a choice either him or Bou Saab.
    My own guess is that he found some support from Mireille inorder to take his aim publicly
    Now she might not have been aware of what he is going to say exactly, probably she didn't want to go that far...
    this is possible bass akid she wasn't aware of what hen was going to say. it also seems that in the meeting of the majles siyaseh that preceded this fiasco, Bou Saab had criticized OTV's news intros. So maybe they got pissed off...

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Fine.
    and i don't think it has anything to do with Bassil. becasuse when Bassil was badmouthing and attacking Berri, Bou Saab was lipservicing him

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    بعد استقالته من منصب مستشار رئيس الجمهورية، غرد الاعلامي جان عزيز عبر حسابه الخاص "تويتر"، قائلاً:

"للذي علمني أنه يمكنني أن أعيش طويلاً بلا خبز
    لكن لا يمكنني أن أحيا لحظة بلا كرامة
    للذي تعلمت منه أنني أستطيع أن أمضي حياتي بلا لقب ولا صفة ولا رتبة

لكن يستحيل أن أقضي ساعة بلا ضمير
    للذي علمني أن الحق والحقيقة يستحقان التضحية
    له كل الشكر
    وإلى اللقاء بعد زمن الصوم والصلاة والفداء".

spacecreature

yet it is aziz who is leaving when it is abou saab who stood by birri. if anything this proves exactly the opposite of your point.

iyem sowm, ma badna nza3lak :) bass lezim teshteghil 3ala 7elak noussi aktar.
    Falll Aziz?????? Nooooooooo
    Very weird indeed, it seems some people in tayyar are starting to appear aktar malaki min el malak, nothing is making sense anymore and no wonder every year people find they can no longer identify with the party and choose to leave. I honestly prefer Aziz to this bou Saab. In all cases, tayyar should start counting on tayyar members alone and not sponsor other people left and right, that will ultimately backstab them.

It is ineluctable that tayyar pro 13 teshrin
    And tayyar pro syria/hezballah clash

As they are two antagonistic visions of Lebanon that cannot coexist inside FPM.

Sadly the party is drifting from its original normal and natural course (pro 13 teshrin) :(

Lebnaouneh

It is ineluctable that tayyar pro 13 teshrin
    And tayyar pro syria/hezballah clash

As they are two antagonistic visions of Lebanon that cannot coexist inside FPM.

Sadly the party is drifting from its original normal and natural course (pro 13 teshrin) :(
    Lol your nickname of the group “pro 13 teshrin” could be much better, it’s like referring to the moumena3a axis as “pro nakba”

Aoune32!

Falll Aziz?????? Nooooooooo
    Very weird indeed, it seems some people in tayyar are starting to appear aktar malaki min el malak, nothing is making sense anymore and no wonder every year people find they can no longer identify with the party and choose to leave. I honestly prefer Aziz to this bou Saab. In all cases, tayyar should start counting on tayyar members alone and not sponsor other people left and right, that will ultimately backstab them.
    What is happening to FPM??? I really don't get it. They rather prefer a SSNPer than Jean Aziz?
    The party has no clue what is happening 3anjad..

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    What is happening to FPM??? I really don't get it. They rather prefer a SSNPer than Jean Aziz?
    The party has no clue what is happening 3anjad..
    Simply this is the sheep mentality.
    When the boss says this is no good they all repeat the same....
    I am not taking the defense of Aziz because he screwed up big time, but it was shocking to see Bassilis react towards him this way especially that historical and ideologically he should be closer to them than Bou Saab.
    و لكن أنه زمن العجائب
    :D :D