• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What’s happening between ex-minister Elias Bou Saab and journalist Jean Aziz ?

!Aoune32

I still cant believe that they support a non FPMer like Saab who is actually a SSNPer and against Aziz. Is it because they need the SSNP in Koura and Metn?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Too much presumptions and assumptions in which it makes your argument very weak. If Aziz attacked Bou Saab as part of internal struggle, w 3a asses you cling everything into internal struggle in favor of Bassil, than where do you put Aziz attacking HA over "The Post" from your plots and scenarios of internal struggles? Yallah farjina your imaginations :lol:

I sense sarcasm in your reply. Be aware that I am a sensitive soul and this violates your claim of mutual respect :lol:
Attacking HA based on the movie "the plot" is most probably the true feeling of Mireille and her husband.
As you can read in several articles my line of thoughts are shared with many journalists.
But let's forget about those articles, my examples to which you deliberately dismiss without logical explanation.
Forget about all of that, at the end of the day Aziz is an employee a high ranked over but still an employee, not the owner.
Since when an employee can take the responsibility of putting or modifying the policy of a company, or channel without the consentement of the owner ???

JB81

Legendary Member
I sense sarcasm in your reply. Be aware that I am a sensitive soul and this violates your claim of mutual respect :lol:
Attacking HA based on the movie "the plot" is most probably the true feeling of Mireille and her husband.
As you can read in several articles my line of thoughts are shared with many journalists.
But let's forget about those articles, my examples to which you deliberately dismiss without logical explanation.
Forget about all of that, at the end of the day Aziz is an employee a high ranked over but still an employee, not the owner.
Since when an employee can take the responsibility of putting or modifying the policy of a company, or channel without the consentement of the owner ???

Since when creativity is a bad trait? :lol:

Most probably? How do you know the true feelings of Mireille and her husband? How do you base your arguments knowing that OTV is the frontline of defense of MoU?
Aziz was an employee, but who knows how much freedoms he was entrusted by, and how many of his ideas that goes without being checked as his News introduction? Do you know? If you don't know, how can you accuse Mireille being behind the scheme with baseless accusations just to spike an internal struggle of deposing Czar Bassil?

What we know that Aziz made few missteps in the past 3 months, and the worst was attacking Bou Saab, an advisor to the President. Aziz attacks on Bou Saab came days after Bou Saab criticized OTV mishandling couple issues such as " the post". Aziz may took this criticism harsh and replied with a fiery introduction. But, this was a grave mistake, because the attack was so harsh and hurt the President's image before Bou Saab. Thereafter, it seems Aziz and Bou Saab relations became to personal where one have to go. And since Aziz made the bigger mistake, he was sidelined, but also kept in OTV.

On personal note, I love and respect Aziz. I had many posts in the forum showing my admiration to him as a great presenter, especially how he engages with his guests with outmost respect. But on this issue, he went little too far with Bou Saab and to second degree on "The post" issue.

spacecreature

I still cant believe that they support a non FPMer like Saab who is actually a SSNPer and against Aziz. Is it because they need the SSNP in Koura and Metn?
I come from an area in metn that was predominantly awme soure when the syrians were here (I won't tell you where exactly haha) , and as soon as the syrians left suddenly they all became 3aouniye, and the ones that remained awme soure became allies with tayyar, voted and even shared the same electoral lists. It was shocking for me back then, but gradually got used to it. The reason given at the time by tayyar I think was that first we cant fight with everyone we have to accept others, and the second reason I think that tayyar needed the largest share it could get even if that meant teaming up with the devil himself. Same thing with el Murr, who is like a mafioso like Berri who had his people controlling all the municipalities!

JB81

Legendary Member
This proves my point @JB81

Proves what? Actually, if you were true, not only Aziz should be fired but also Mirielle and her husband by Emperor Bassil.

This actually prove that the issue is personal between Aziz and Bou Saab; Aziz didn't like Bou Saab criticism of OTV, opened a fiery introduction on Bou Saab; in which, it wasn't calculated as it reached the President's image too, at a time where Bou Saab is given a task to bring international support for Syrian refugees; Than, Aziz attacked Bou Saab were it hurt most, on stealing refugees money. A mistake from Aziz part, he paid for it in a form of advisory resignation, but it seems to be kept in OTV.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I do t get how FPMers are acting these days... from the leadership to the members they are all the same! They either agree or someone has to go...! Ridiculous! Each party will have different opinion leaders, who will be against each other internally; to the world they toenthe party line and any disagreement leads to debate. 3anna disagreement leads to someone quitting or getting expelled and in both cases joining the other camp!!! Te3tir

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
I do t get how FPMers are acting these days... from the leadership to the members they are all the same! They either agree or someone has to go...! Ridiculous! Each party will have different opinion leaders, who will be against each other internally; to the world they toenthe party line and any disagreement leads to debate. 3anna disagreement leads to someone quitting or getting expelled and in both cases joining the other camp!!! Te3tir

it is not exclusive to FPM, it is a Lebanese phenomenon, either you agree 100% or it is open war fil souhouli wal djibal, fil 7ouqouli wal tilal.

JB81

Legendary Member

Your post doesn't belong to this thread. You don't have a mere different opinion here. You have an advisor to the President calling the other advisor a corrupt thief who stole refugees money in public; where the other advisor main task is to bring international aid to the refugees.

Using @JustLeb example, If you were the CEO of a company, and you have an advisor who went publicly bad naming other advisor where in return it hurts your image and the company; what would you do?

!Aoune32

I come from an area in metn that was predominantly awme soure when the syrians were here (I won't tell you where exactly haha) , and as soon as the syrians left suddenly they all became 3aouniye, and the ones that remained awme soure became allies with tayyar, voted and even shared the same electoral lists. It was shocking for me back then, but gradually got used to it. The reason given at the time by tayyar I think was that first we cant fight with everyone we have to accept others, and the second reason I think that tayyar needed the largest share it could get even if that meant teaming up with the devil himself. Same thing with el Murr, who is like a mafioso like Berri who had his people controlling all the municipalities!

Agree
I know personally alot of people in Koura that also the same thing happened. They were SSNP and ended up going to Tayyar and voting for their lists. Same thing to some of the people who were LCP. In Baalbeck masalan the SSNP want to place a candidate which the people don't want and they advised the party that if this candidate is going to be put forward we will vote FPM in the elections. In my view FPM should be running FPMers candidates. You don't need to fight everyone but an electoral battle is a must. You don't need to ally with everyone just so you can get a big block. It is an election and the best man wins.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Your post doesn't belong to this thread. You don't have a mere different opinion here. You have an advisor to the President calling the other advisor a corrupt thief who stole refugees money in public; where the other advisor main task is to bring international aid to the refugees.

Using @JustLeb example, If you were the CEO of a company, and you have an advisor who went publicly bad naming other advisor where in return it hurts your image and the company; what would you do?

What someone’s ego was burst? Ya latif! He made public allegations that didn’t lead to anything... until it lead to someone resigning... I honestly don’t care for Aziz, or anyone else for that matter on a personal level, it might as well have been anyone...

you should ask yourself why it always gets to a point where it is very personal and either win or lose...

Why does abs need to send people in front of sahnaoui’s people? Why does Aziz need to take a jab at Abou saab in public? And so on... something is very wrong. Ma 7ada bi kabbir 3a2lo

@Dark Angel it May be a lebanese thing... I don’t follow all the other parties, but it definitely feels like FPM gets a disproportionate share of this childish behaviour

!Aoune32

What someone’s ego was burst? Ya latif! He made public allegations that didn’t lead to anything... until it lead to someone resigning... I honestly don’t care for Aziz, or anyone else for that matter on a personal level, it might as well have been anyone...

you should ask yourself why it always gets to a point where it is very personal and either win or lose...

Why does abs need to send people in front of sahnaoui’s people? Why does Aziz need to take a jab at Abou saab in public? And so on... something is very wrong. Ma 7ada bi kabbir 3a2lo

@Dark Angel it May be a lebanese thing... I don’t follow all the other parties, but it definitely feels like FPM gets a disproportionate share of this childish behaviour

I am wondering what will happen to the party after GMA?
Will it be all sides fighting with one another? If it is happening now what makes people so sure it won't happen later on? Does Bassil have the support of all members in the party? OTV is acting ka2ano they are some renegade rebel militia who doesn't listen to FPM. They are the parties channel for god sake.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Proves what? Actually, if you were true, not only Aziz should be fired but also Mirielle and her husband by Emperor Bassil.

This actually prove that the issue is personal between Aziz and Bou Saab; Aziz didn't like Bou Saab criticism of OTV, opened a fiery introduction on Bou Saab; in which, it wasn't calculated as it reached the President's image too, at a time where Bou Saab is given a task to bring international support for Syrian refugees; Than, Aziz attacked Bou Saab were it hurt most, on stealing refugees money. A mistake from Aziz part, he paid for it in a form of advisory resignation, but it seems to be kept in OTV.

Aziz miscalculated 3a rasi...but he endangered the image of the president, he created a problem with HA about the movie (which you criticized OTV for btw)
He was fired as adviser of the president but the daughter of the president kept him in position at OTV despite that he said that the adviser of president is a thief which very much tarnishes the credibility of the president.
Usually when a journalist makes such baseless accusations on a channel putting the credibility of the channel at risk, he will be fired. Yet OTV kept him. Doesn't this make you wonder why?
To my knowledge he was not asked to issue an apology (correct me if I am wrong).
Do you remember when the NBN anchor was caught off air jubilating on the assassination of MP Walid 3ido ?
She was "fired", then few months later she returned with a public apology...
Aziz didn't seem to have publicly apologized to the president (also correct me if I am wrong)
Probably the management of the OTV agree on those accusations .... probably Aziz is simply reflecting the mindset of the OTV management??

Last edited:

Randomiser

Saab is a one of the very rare ministers that were successful in their position and popular among the public, and at least he's not a corrupt.

new hope

About the post aziz was right 100% and bassil was with him
I recall a cabinet meeting when Amos attacked Riachi saying that he’s alone letting the post be shown in theatre Gebran Bassil stood up and said it clear that he’s not alone

About bou Saab and wisayeh - well something has to be clear for those who jumped in Tayyar bus to reach these positions in the state that Tayyar consider the Syrian army in Lebanon an occupation .. at least till 2005 correct me if I’m wrong !

Is jean aziz still candidate in jezzine ?

new hope

He s not ssnp now and doesn’t represent ssnp ..
ssnp want a candidate in metn and don’t believe bou Saab represents them while fpm think by taking bou Saab they will be splitting ssnp voters because he has many sympathiser from ssnp and this way they will weaken further ssnp on the way of extinction in metn..

In Baalbek same dilemma - hezbollah want Albert mansour and will be allocated to ssnp bloc - but ssnp refused it and want their own candidate
In koura ssnp with marada - so I doubt an agreeement will be made with fpm there
Anyway ssnp won’t help tayyar they will be on frangieh side first of all And if needed they will join frangieh bloc to make him look bigger and legitim for presidency

So fpm basically are using some candidate close to ssnp to drag some of their supporters towards Tayyar .