• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What About Corruptions In The Lebanese Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
The country as whole is corrupted but for some reasons nobody likes to mention the corruption of the LAF.

It is well known that every official institution is corrupted in this country and the LAF is one of them for sure!

So lets dedicate this thread to how the LAF abuses its power and how sectarian this institution actually is as the rest of institutions of this country!
ye3ni all those doubat who belong to this and that za3im is perfect example with what we are dealing with!

And I still remember not so long ago when the army captured som folk and tortured them to death and nothing happened after when they were caught with their vicious crimes!

So why is it okay for the army to be corrupt and we are supposed to glorify this corrupted institution at all times!?

And just yesterday a young man was shot and died with actual bullets and not just rubber bullets which shows you the level of corruption!

And their press releases are making them look even worse with constantly putting the blame elsewhere!!!!

Lets call it for what it is!.. they are still getting their salaries to this day because they are the ones protecting the crooked thieves! !!

Go liberate Mazari3 shib3a instead of protecting the thieves!!!

• Advertisement
  • Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    Army is still a better alternative than any other equivalent.
    They might be obedient wussies... And they might exhibit some thuggish behavior. But they're not Tripoli terrorists or Hezbollah thugs. In the very least.

dyyyy

dyyyy

The country as whole is corrupted but for some reasons nobody likes to mention the corruption of the LAF.

It is well known that every official institution is corrupted in this country and the LAF is one of them for sure!

So lets dedicate this thread to how the LAF abuses its power and how sectarian this institution actually is as the rest of institutions of this country!
    ye3ni all those doubat who belong to this and that za3im is perfect example with what we are dealing with!

And I still remember not so long ago when the army captured som folk and tortured them to death and nothing happened after when they were caught with their vicious crimes!

So why is it okay for the army to be corrupt and we are supposed to glorify this corrupted institution at all times!?

And just yesterday a young man was shot and died with actual bullets and not just rubber bullets which shows you the level of corruption!

And their press releases are making them look even worse with constantly putting the blame elsewhere!!!!

Lets call it for what it is!.. they are still getting their salaries to this day because they are the ones protecting the crooked thieves! !!

I think the problem is with the judiciary system and the forced involvement of the LAF from politicians.

Incidents like the ones you mentioned happen everywhere, but they're normally followed by trials, and this is what is missing here, it's not because it's the LAF, but because they want the LAF to be violent.

In addition in involving it in the protests where normally this is the job of the ISF. So sending the army alone is not an innocent move.

But yes i get your point, we give too much a sacred aura for the army where they want you to feel guilty if you criticize it. It's not that if we're afraid of HA then we accept any alternative.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    I think the problem is with the judiciary system and the forced involvement of the LAF from politicians.

Incidents like the ones you mentioned happen everywhere, but they're normally followed by trials, and this is what is missing here, it's not because it's the LAF, but because they want the LAF to be violent.

In addition in involving it in the protests where normally this is the job of the ISF. So sending the army alone is not an innocent move.

But yes i get your point, we give too much a sacred aura for the army where they want you to feel guilty if you criticize it. It's not that if we're afraid of HA then we accept any alternative.
    The LAF is investigating the incident officially.

dyyyy

dyyyy

The LAF is investigating the incident officially.
    Yes but I don't know if it will be a fair trial.
    The guy who shot Alaa Bou Fakher (and it was a cold shot, there wasn't any violence back then) got released when everyone was busy with the corona 2 weeks ago.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Yes but I don't know if it will be a fair trial.
    The guy who shot Alaa Bou Fakher (and it was a cold shot, there wasn't any violence back then) got released when everyone was busy with the corona 2 weeks ago.
    This is a general problem in lebanon and i would not single out the lebanese army. How many trials we had for all the assassinations? for soldiers killed? for mouraf2in of politicians shooting at people?

The army is far from perfect but i wouldnt single them.out

dyyyy

dyyyy

This is a general problem in lebanon and i would not single out the lebanese army. How many trials we had for all the assassinations? for soldiers killed? for mouraf2in of politicians shooting at people?

The army is far from perfect but i wouldn't single them.out
    Yes true, I'm not singling them out, they're still far better from ISF for example.
    It's just that it's ok to criticize them
    The problem in lebanon is we directly go the the extremes,we either bash the whole army institution or we're not allowed to talk about it. :D

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

This over-idolization of the army has really gotten into their head and made them think they can get away with anything.
    When you elevate someone to a god status and shower them with adulation, they suddenly start to regard themselves as above criticism.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do respect the army's sacrifices to safeguard our borders and the security of our country.
    But in recent years, their excessive use of force and ill-treatment of protesters has made me realize that, now more than ever, we need a "thuwwar lives matter" movement.

After we're done with Riad Salameh, I think Joseph Aoun should be the next person to go on trial.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    This over-idolization of the army has really gotten into their head and made them think they can get away with anything.
    When you elevate someone to a god status and shower them with adulation, they suddenly start to regard themselves as above criticism.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do respect the army's sacrifices to safeguard our borders and the security of our country.
    But in recent years, their excessive use of force and ill-treatment of protesters has made me realize that, now more than ever, we need a "thuwwar lives matter" movement.

After we're done with Riad Salameh, I think Joseph Aoun should be the next person to go on trial.

I think trying civilians in military courts is one the main issue in the country that must be changed and dealt with!
    And when a crime is committed by the army it should be an open investigation for the public to know what actually happened..

unfortunately the way it all works now, we are supposed to blindly trust whatever comes out from the LAF for some strange reason!

ye3ni so many things happened since 2005 that are still a big question marks.. while it is so obvious that they conceal much of what happens for some reasons when it is our right as public to know!!

Take Aabra incident for example why all this secrecy on what happened? it is our right to know what happened no matter what!
    But constantly concealing their action or involvements of this group and that group!

And yes this idolization of an official institution is another issue of itself and I believe there is some sectarian background to it all like the head of the army must be Maronite and so on so this army is only "ours" somehow and holy and all this ending with some kind of fetish and idolization of the army!

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

You have problem with Hezballah's weapons. And you always claim you only want the LA, and no other army. But now, and at other times too, you fight with the army and even kill its soldiers.

After you've ranted, you didn't present any evidence to prove the army has cases of corruption.

If one soldier does something wrong, assuming, you cant condemn an entire army because of one person.

I think the mods should shut this thread. Inciting hatred against the LA is a big no.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I think trying civilians in military courts is one the main issue in the country that must be changed and dealt with!
    And when a crime is committed by the army it should be an open investigation for the public to know what actually happened..

unfortunately the way it all works now, we are supposed to blindly trust whatever comes out from the LAF for some strange reason!

ye3ni so many things happened since 2005 that are still a big question marks.. while it is so obvious that they conceal much of what happens for some reasons when it is our right as public to know!!

Take Aabra incident for example why all this secrecy on what happened? it is our right to know what happened no matter what!
    But constantly concealing their action or involvements of this group and that group!

And yes this idolization of an official institution is another issue of itself and I believe there is some sectarian background to it all like the head of the army must be Maronite and so on so this army is only "ours" somehow and holy and all this ending with some kind of fetish and idolization of the army!
    Dont say:
    "When a crime is committed by the army"...

Say:

"When a crime is committed by a soldier" .

So you still dont know what happened in Aabra? You didn't hear of the terrorist sheikh who attacked and killed soldiers?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    You have problem with Hezballah's weapons. And you always claim you only want the LA, and no other army. But now, and at other times too, you fight with the army and even kill its soldiers.

After you've ranted, you didn't present any evidence to prove the army has cases of corruption.

If one soldier does something wrong, assuming, you cant condemn an entire army because of one person.

I think the mods should shut this thread. Inciting hatred against the LA is a big no.
    haha me saying that only Lebanese army should be armed is an old dying CD which I'm over years ago!!

Hala2 sar badak evidence? why are you afraid to debate this issue like any issue in the country?

lesh hal fekir el kam3i is that how they teach you in HA? there are plenty of evidence out there and many articles talking about this do you want to read them?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Army is still a better alternative than any other equivalent.
    They might be obedient wussies... And they might exhibit some thuggish behavior. But they're not Tripoli terrorists or Hezbollah thugs. In the very least.
    Or Jumblat's mercenaries.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    haha me saying that only Lebanese army should be armed is an old dying CD which I'm over years ago!!

Hala2 sar badak evidence? why are you afraid to debate this issue like any issue in the country?

lesh hal fekir el kam3i is that how they teach you in HA? there are plenty of evidence out there and many articles talking about this do you want to read them?
    Of course...provide your evidence. You should have done that. But you may not have the time to. You can send me the links in PM. I want the mods to shut down this thread and even ban you for being silly against our national army.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Dont say:
    "When a crime is committed by the army"...

Say:

"When a crime is committed by a soldier" .

So you still dont know what happened in Aabra? You didn't hear of the terrorist sheikh whi attacked and killed soldiers?

II don't like to blame soldiers it is not always soldiers!
    actually the soldier are rarely the issue in cases of corruption but the institution itself!

There is someone driving these soldiers you know ye3ni ma2mourinn

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Of course...provide your evidence. You should have done that. But you may not have the time to. You can send me the links in PM. I want the mods to shut down this thread and even ban you for being silly against our national army.
    I asked questions is that not allowed in so called HA? probably you are more used to say sam3tan w ta3atan with blind support..

I can make it simple for you if you don't like this thread then go to another one

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    II don't like to blame soldiers it is not always soldiers!
    actually the soldier are rarely the issue in cases of corruption but the institution itself!

There is someone driving these soldiers you know ye3ni ma2mourinn
    So I can claim that your community has terrorist inclinations? That it's not about one retard or the other with takfiri/salafist/wahhabi leaning but the community itself and its hatred for law and order. Your community has the biggest number of billionaires, who made their wealth through stealing the country. Rife with corruption. Dont attack the army. You act lawlessly. Your people are the only ones who have beheaded soldiers. And you dare talk nonsense.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

el mishkle if you believe LAF is corrupted and there is corruption in this sort of institution, then how are you going to disarm HA? or any other militia in fact?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I asked questions is that not allowed in so called HA? probably you are more used to say sam3tan w ta3atan with blind support..

I can make it simple for you if you don't like this thread then go to another one
    You can think whatever. That is your business. Dont attack the army and dont display terrorist character in reacting to the army. The army wont hurt you if you dont act lawlessly. The army has shot at youths in Dahieh for protesting twice and killed dozens. No one ever shot at the army talk less of beheading soldiers. Your record is enviable, ma sha Allah.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    So I can claim that your community has terrorist inclinations? That it's not about one retard or the other with takfiri/salafist/wahhabi leaning but the community itself and its hatred for law and order. Your community has the biggest number of billionaires, who made their wealth through stealing the country. Dont attack the army. You act lawlessly. Your people are the only ones who have beheaded soldiers. And you dare talk nonsense.
    Say whatever you want... but the fact is that people died and the army was responsible and nothing happened all we saw statement from them that mean nothing!

I and the Lebanese have all the rights to criticize any institution!!!

The army speak of mundasin all the time minn ye3ni mundasinnn ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.