• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What About Corruptions In The Lebanese Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
@O Brother, there's a video circulating about the young man who died in Tripoli. The man was still alive where he said that he was injured in his leg(s).

These kinds of injuries should not be fatal even with life bullets. That's why it needs an investigation.

• Advertisement
  • O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    @O Brother, there's a video circulating about the young man who died in Tripoli. The man was still alive where he said that he was injured in his leg(s).

These kinds of injuries should not be fatal even with life bullets. That's why it needs an investigation.
    Then the Lebanese authorities should be more than eager to make a real investigation and show the public real evidence about this because at the moment the authorities are still being accused for killing him!

His sister was accusing the authorities..
    and to be honest I would believe his family over what the corrupted authorities would claim!

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Then the Lebanese authorities should be more than eager to make a real investigation and show the public real evidence about this because at the moment the authorities are still being accused for killing him!

His sister was accusing the authorities..
    and to be honest I would believe his family over what the corrupted authorities would claim!
    She could be wrong, not necessarily lying.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    She could be wrong, not necessarily lying.
    I think if there was any shot in the legs they would have mentioned it..

أكّدت مصادر أمنية أنّ الشاب فواز السمان لم يصب برصاص حيّ بل برصاص مطاطي في الوريد.

وأوضحت أنّ الجيش لم يطلق الرصاص الحي باتجاه المحتجين بل في الهواء.

------

So now they are claiming to only use live bullets when shooting in the air?
    hmmm so how would this work in practice? and how can one expect something no to go wrong when there are high tensions?

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    I think if there was any shot in the legs they would have mentioned it..
    I've seen him talking perfectly without any injuries around his throat. He was clear as water spring and said that he was injured by his legs, and he pointed to bottom of his legs, as if it was on his twist

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    The treatment for this behaviour is throw the thieves behind bars

As for the reasons why so many still vote for the same thieves I guess they are dumb but how different are they from those voting for the orange party?
    nice try zaker junior, 99% of the guys voting for the orange vote because they are convinced that this party wants their best interest, not for a 20 l oil bottle or 100 dollars

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    I was making him an example obviously there are many other murs..
    how did aoun become president not by making deals with the thieves voting for him after all?

As for the trabolsiyeh I think they should go back to their deen and stop idolizing all these crooks!
    Tripoli should free itself from Beirut and focus on itself and the inner problems.. the rich have a responsibility for the poor!!
    the solution to everything according to all islamists: 3oudou 2ila l dinnn !! as if tripoli isnt religious enough already

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Army is still a better alternative than any other equivalent.
    They might be obedient wussies... And they might exhibit some thuggish behavior. But they're not Tripoli terrorists or Hezbollah thugs. In the very least.
    A third of the army, if not more, will turn into Hizbullah thugs at a moment's notice, as soon as the order from Tehran is given.

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    BTW guys is O brother Hameed ? if you remember him , i just love it when islamists pretend to be revolutionaries , for islamists any sucessfull revolution should end in a calipahte, doesnt matter if next year all the politicians get hanged and we become a rich country , o brother will consider it as a failed revolutiion

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    War between the army and the resistance is a wet dream. It will never ever happen. When I say never, I mean never with certainty. Capital Never.

That is even a different topic entirely. You are talking of a political decision that will see the army command fight against the resistance. First, the government would carry the major blame. Secondly, it is an army command decision to fight a war. Not a soldier shooting randomly or reacting to an incident. Such escalation wont be an incident but a deliberate and planned event. That is why I am telling you it will never happen in Lebanon for as long as we are represented in government and in parliament. This is Lebanon, not Bahrain or Saudi Arabia.

The treacherous government of Saniora wanted that to happen, with Jumblat's influence. And we all know what happened on May 7 after May 5. And the army watched and did not interfere because it was politics. To fight the resistance needs a political decision. The army is under the command of politicians. Assuming the government declares war on Tripoli, that is a different thing and we wont allow that. We wont agree for our brothers in the army to fight their own people, irrespective of their sect. What happened yesterday was a sad incident. It was not premeditated. Wait for investigation to conclude.

You should wait for the investigation. I am not happy myself that a young man was killed in Tripoli. I felt very bad seeing him fighting for his life on video. But to now act senseless and try to escalate the situation and blame the entire army is not acceptable.
    Never say never, my friend. When the Sovereign of Lebanon and the Sovereign of Iran are both vying for control over the same territory, conflict will ensue. Of course the Sovereign of Iran is currently attempting to dismantle the Sovereign of Lebanon from the inside by infiltrating its ranks with uneducated excess Shiite litters loyal to Iran.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    BTW guys is O brother Hameed ? if you remember him , i just love it when islamists pretend to be revolutionaries , for islamists any sucessfull revolution should end in a calipahte, doesnt matter if next year all the politicians get hanged and we become a rich country , o brother will consider it as a failed revolutiion
    He was 'No Borders' not 'Hameed'.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Never say never, my friend. When the Sovereign of Lebanon and the Sovereign of Iran are both vying for control over the same territory, conflict will ensue. Of course the Sovereign of Iran is currently attempting to dismantle the Sovereign of Lebanon from the inside by infiltrating its ranks with uneducated excess Shiite litters loyal to Iran.
    I dont think your post is befitting of someone educated. It speaks of someone who's the litter.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    [QUOTE="shadow1, post: 2129456, member: 5624"
    Being a product of this society where corruption is fed to the individual with his mother's milk, the LAF is not immune to such affliction. Unlike all other government institutions the amy's lower echelon rank and file may harbour some decent and ethical people but is top brass is as corrupt as the politicians who appoint them to their positions.

Lebanon's history since the sixties of last century is littered with scandals and corruption in the army. In fact its top leaders demand their commission in every purchase order of amunition or logistics even before the politicians have their cut. So they are no angels. Hence why a rich family will not hesitate to pay 250K USD to get their sons into the military academy not to serve the nation but for the perks and the lucrative potential the army offers down the line should they be lucky enough to be chosen by politicians to fill higher positions. And let's not forget that cacuous prestige notion so many "aristocratic families" long to have.

Being a show pony fit for nothing but c-grade military parades, the army has two main roles to play in Lebanon. First is to keep the Lebanese from killing each other in peace time and second to protect Lebanon's corrupt politican class or which it's integral and important part.

other than those two reasons the army is a total and useless drain on the finances of the nation. The IDF can wipe it out in less than 24 hours and Hizullah can do the same without firing one shot. Army people are like the rest of us their allegiance lies first and foremost with their sect and not the country.

The reason the christians support it is that they regard it as force to protect them against their muslim compatriots and it's the same reason why muslims do not support it.

When it comes to allegiance let's not kid ourselves. Its lower ranking officers jin it because of the monetary benefits the army offers and for many a way out oftheir eternal misery. Only a fool would be tempted to think they do it for their country and why should they when their country is not worth a dead finger nail let alone one's life.

In all likelihood the only decent commander the army has ever had was Fouad Shehab but let's put it into its historical context. The christians at the time still clung on to their delusion that they can make the country work even when the events of 1958 proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wouldnt.

In essence Lebanon( assuming it will still exist after five years) and in oder to save itself millions of wasted dollars should abolish its army and build a more efficient police force to keep the Lebanese from killing each other. No matter what, the various sects of Lebanon have their loyalty to foreign nations. Most of the shia To Iran. most of the Sunnis to KSA and the christians having been abandoned by the godless west wish they had some foreign nation to support them against their compatriots. Alas their leaders proved too corrupt, untrustworthy and incompetent to even bother with them so they are left ta y2al3ou shawkon bi2idon.

QUOTE]

@shadow1 posted this yet nobody responded to any point he made what do you guys think are you all agreeing or just turning your face the other side because you know very well what he is saying is true.. something we all know already without any need for evidence!!!

Please let me know :)

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    nice try zaker junior, 99% of the guys voting for the orange vote because they are convinced that this party wants their best interest, not for a 20 l oil bottle or 100 dollars

Ya well let me just tell you in that case... while you folk were voting for them and they claiming to be fighting for your rights and all that BS they were busy making deals since day 0 with the thieves and making money not much different from how others did it..

ye3ni meanwhile you folk were buying their BS they were cashing in some $$$ chingching $$$ :lol::lol::lol:

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    See how people are upset about the LAF behaviour and how well they treat traitors like the 3amil amer fakhoury?

I'm not the only one.. there are thousands who are thinking the same.. they see their army treating 3omala2 like asyad and the people like animals!

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    See how people are upset about the LAF behaviour and how well they treat traitors like the 3amil amer fakhoury?

I'm not the only one.. there are thousands who are thinking the same.. they see their army treating 3omala2 like asyad and the people like animals!

قطع الطرقات ممنوع
    ممنوع قطع الطرقات
    يتظاهروا عجنب وعلينا ما يقطعوا الطريق
    وتحية للجيش اللي عم يدافعلنا عن حقنا بالتنقل نحنا اللي مش مؤامنين بثورة متل هاي

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    قطع الطرقات ممنوع
    ممنوع قطع الطرقات
    يتظاهروا عجنب وعلينا ما يقطعوا الطريق
    وتحية للجيش اللي عم يدافعلنا عن حقنا بالتنقل نحنا اللي مش مؤامنين بثورة متل هاي
    Tahiyeh for keeping the citizens and the protesters alike feeling safe in these uncertain times. Wjoudo bittamen elAwedem.

Jeish byenrafa3 fi Rass!

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Of course, but to what extent....
    Well, the French interest through Total can be reliable and supportive. The French FM called PM Diab and expressed not only political support, but also, the French are in process of having Cedre 2. As for the US, they care about keeping the region as stable as it could be, thus, Lebanon. So, no support for violent coup, maybe, support the new oppositionists through soft approaches; money, media....

Status
    Not open for further replies.