What are we breathing on our coast, from Burj Hammoud to the Airport?

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It's a killing smell. Instead of shouting out loud their utter dissatisfaction with the misery, people are starting to wear surgical masks., soon gas masks.

Does anyone know what is being done to stop this air born invasion of microbes and other creepy aliens from Burj Hammoud and Costa Brava's landfills?

We, the silent walking zombies with masks, shouldn't ask anymore: who bears the responsibility for solving the issue of these mordorish mountains of garbage?

What we should do is: fill trucks with the garbage and empty them in front of the residents of the president, PM, the responsible minister and every single 7mar involved one way or another in solving the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Once it gets a little hot in temperature, you start seeing all sorts of insects flying too and invading houses and offices in Beirut. And we aren't yet in the summer. It got a little hot (around 20 degree Celsius) in Beirut and those tiny, small, annoying flies are all over. Wait till it hits 30 degrees!!!

I once asked about fumigation of our streets, drainages and public spaces, and @Aoune32! mocked me that I am asking for the minister of environment to spray insect with a can of mortein.

It is terrible. But thankfully, this time around, it isn't only the average, ordinary, common or poor Lebanese who suffers the consequences. Everyone does, including the rich and the tourists who visit the high class areas. Everywhere is contaminated. Garbage is always seen on the roadside. We always have scattered waste falling off litter bins onto the streets. We really do not need to use trucks to offload the garbage in front of the houses of those in charge. With time, they will feel the pain too. Their children and families and themselves go outdoors. They will surely feel what others feel as a consequence of the polluted environment and the pest infested atmosphere. We dont need to worry. They will soon do the needed. It isn't only the poor who will suffer the conditions. If it was only the poor and the average Lebanese with no power or voice, the serpents ruling us will pretend not to hear the pain and cries; maybe until someone burns himself or something tragic happens and the media reports it. Sick government, sick environment!

Last edited:
    opium

opium

Solution?
    Landfills refused everywhere.
    Incinerators refused everywhere.
    Recycling, we are decades far from becoming civilized and having a proper recycling plan, still you would need landfills for the remains.
    Export the trash? Will cost us a lot more that we can afford.

Best is to dump it in the sea with proper insulations to avoid polluting the water( Same as they are doing now). This will create new lands, plus we can use the gas forming to generate power.
    Or burn the trash directly to generate power.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The most alarming about the issue is The Silence Of The Zombies itself...
    The silence of the walking dead...
    The media is mouth shut and no one says a word about the issue anymore...
    Graveyard silence.. Broken occasionally by the creepy buzzing sound of unusually big black flies.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Graveyard silence.. Broken occasionally by the creepy buzzing sound of unusually big black flies.
    Last time i read about it, the ministry of environment was moving the mountains of garbage out of Burj Hammoud
    So the terrible smell is expected

Did they finish the move ?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I was thinking I am the only one observing these things. I visit often, and I have noticed months back. The big black flies. These ones act like predators. They come to attack a person. :lol: Even when you try to drive them away, they are not scared. That's when they get angry and try to rush you. You'd really have to attempt to harm them or even harm them to free yourself. Just waving them doesn't scare them away.

And there are the tiny ones. In the summer, if you actually expose little skin by wearing a short or going out sleeveless or in short sleeves, they will be giving you magic bites! :lol: They are so tiny you'd find it hard to see them. They will leave you scratching and your skin turning red and with bite patches as if it is some sort of disease you have. They can even enter into your dress and be leeching on your skin from under your clothes. It is like they are modified organisms or they have artificial intelligence.

I hope these flies will visit the govt house and the parliament and the houses of the ministers and MPs. I would personally elect one of the big black flies to parliament. I will vote for a big black fly to become MP. They are our only hope and portent way to dislodge the mafia clique ruling Lebanon since the end of the civil war.

Last edited:
    My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Last time i read about it, the ministry of environment was moving the mountains of garbage out of Burj Hammoud
    So the terrible smell is expected

Did they finish the move ?
    From the bottom of my heart I hope this is true and not fake news, and that is the cause behind this cosmic blast of Smell from Hell.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    From the bottom of my heart I hope this is true and not fake news, and that is the cause behind this cosmic blast of Smell from Hell.
    a month old tweet

The news is true, they're moving the garbage out of Karantina
    hopefully they finish soon

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    a month old tweet

The news is true, they're moving the garbage out of Karantina
    hopefully they finish soon
    Next question to the minister: where are you moving the garbage?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Next question to the minister: where are you moving the garbage?

Sorry i was mistaken,
    they're moving the garbage from the parking area, into the Landfill after they found some space for 300,000 tons ...

صدر عن مجلس الانماء والاعمار، بيان توضيحي، حول الشكاوى عن تزايد الروائح المنبعثة من موقع مشروع إنشاء المطمر الصحي في برج حمود - الجديدة، وجاء في البيان:

"وردت إلى المجلس وإلى بلدية برج حمود شكاوى عدة عن تزايد الروائح المنبعثة من موقع مشروع إنشاء المطمر الصحي في برج حمود - الجديدة.

يهم مجلس الإنماء والإعمار ان يوضح الأسباب التي أدت إلى ذلك:

انه منذ إقرار خطة النفايات من قبل مجلس الوزراء وإقفال مطمر الناعمة، بدأ تخزين النفايات موقتا في موقع المشروع في انتظار إنجاز المتعهد لخلايا الطمر الصحي. إن هذه الكميات المخزنة سابقا لم يكن في الإمكان طمرها في الخلايا نظرا لإعطاء الأولوية للنفايات الواردة يوميا إلى المطمر.

اضاف:" وعندما توفرت المساحات الكافية في خلايا الطمر الصحي في موقع برج حمود، بدأ المتعهد بنقل النفايات المخزنة سابقا بعد رشها بالمواد المناسبة للتخفيف من الانبعاثات والروائح الكريهة، خلال عملية نقلها من موقع التخزين إلى خلايا الطمر".
    وقد بدأت عملية النقل خلال شهر تشرين الأول 2018، علما أن الكميات المخزنة من النفايات بالإضافة إلى الردم الذي استعمل للتغطية هي كميات كبيرة ويستغرق نقلها حوالي أربعة أشهر بمعدل حوالي 3000 طن يوميا".

أما ما سبب انبعاثات الروائح الكريهة، فهو الطقس العاصف والممطر الذي ساد خلال الفترة الأخيرة. بحيث تعذر على المتعهد اتخاذ كافة الإجراءات اللازمة لجهة تغطية النفايات بالأتربة اللازمة وصعوبة عمل الآليات في الموقع نظرا لطبيعته الموحلة جدا خلال فترة العواصف.

حاليا، تجري متابعة العمل في نقل النفايات المخزنة إلى موقع الطمر الصحي ومن المتوقع إنجاز هذه العملية قبل نهاية شهر شباط 2019.

إن مجلس الإنماء والإعمار يوضح أنه لم يكن بالإمكان تفادي ما حدث وإن أسبابه مرتبطة بالمرحلة التي سبقت إنشاء المطمر وتعود إلى تخزين النفايات خلال المرحلة الانتقالية وخلال المرحلة التي توقف فيها العمل في المطمر بسبب إقفال الطريق إليه من قبل بعض المعترضين لمدة شهر كامل.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Sorry i was mistaken,
    they're moving the garbage from the parking area, into the Landfill after they found some space for 300,000 tons ...

صدر عن مجلس الانماء والاعمار، بيان توضيحي، حول الشكاوى عن تزايد الروائح المنبعثة من موقع مشروع إنشاء المطمر الصحي في برج حمود - الجديدة، وجاء في البيان:

"وردت إلى المجلس وإلى بلدية برج حمود شكاوى عدة عن تزايد الروائح المنبعثة من موقع مشروع إنشاء المطمر الصحي في برج حمود - الجديدة.

يهم مجلس الإنماء والإعمار ان يوضح الأسباب التي أدت إلى ذلك:

انه منذ إقرار خطة النفايات من قبل مجلس الوزراء وإقفال مطمر الناعمة، بدأ تخزين النفايات موقتا في موقع المشروع في انتظار إنجاز المتعهد لخلايا الطمر الصحي. إن هذه الكميات المخزنة سابقا لم يكن في الإمكان طمرها في الخلايا نظرا لإعطاء الأولوية للنفايات الواردة يوميا إلى المطمر.

اضاف:" وعندما توفرت المساحات الكافية في خلايا الطمر الصحي في موقع برج حمود، بدأ المتعهد بنقل النفايات المخزنة سابقا بعد رشها بالمواد المناسبة للتخفيف من الانبعاثات والروائح الكريهة، خلال عملية نقلها من موقع التخزين إلى خلايا الطمر".
    وقد بدأت عملية النقل خلال شهر تشرين الأول 2018، علما أن الكميات المخزنة من النفايات بالإضافة إلى الردم الذي استعمل للتغطية هي كميات كبيرة ويستغرق نقلها حوالي أربعة أشهر بمعدل حوالي 3000 طن يوميا".

أما ما سبب انبعاثات الروائح الكريهة، فهو الطقس العاصف والممطر الذي ساد خلال الفترة الأخيرة. بحيث تعذر على المتعهد اتخاذ كافة الإجراءات اللازمة لجهة تغطية النفايات بالأتربة اللازمة وصعوبة عمل الآليات في الموقع نظرا لطبيعته الموحلة جدا خلال فترة العواصف.

حاليا، تجري متابعة العمل في نقل النفايات المخزنة إلى موقع الطمر الصحي ومن المتوقع إنجاز هذه العملية قبل نهاية شهر شباط 2019.

إن مجلس الإنماء والإعمار يوضح أنه لم يكن بالإمكان تفادي ما حدث وإن أسبابه مرتبطة بالمرحلة التي سبقت إنشاء المطمر وتعود إلى تخزين النفايات خلال المرحلة الانتقالية وخلال المرحلة التي توقف فيها العمل في المطمر بسبب إقفال الطريق إليه من قبل بعض المعترضين لمدة شهر كامل.
    ok, thanks for the info.. moukhtassar moufid, w bass fashit khil2, my air fiyoun each and every soab who either caused this mess or is not able to solve it yet.
    You should know how much I sometimes fantasize of becoming Praetor Maximus over that piece of land.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Once it gets a little hot in temperature, you start seeing all sorts of insects flying too and invading houses and offices in Beirut. And we aren't yet in the summer. It got a little hot (around 20 degree Celsius) in Beirut and those tiny, small, annoying flies are all over. Wait till it hits 30 degrees!!!

I once asked about fumigation of our streets, drainages and public spaces, and @Aoune32! mocked me that I am asking for the minister of environment to spray insect with a can of mortein.

It is terrible. But thankfully, this time around, it isn't only the average, ordinary, common or poor Lebanese who suffers the consequences. Everyone does, including the rich and the tourists who visit the high class areas. Everywhere is contaminated. Garbage is always seen on the roadside. We always have scattered waste falling off litter bins onto the streets. We really do not need to use trucks to offload the garbage in front of the houses of those in charge. With time, they will feel the pain too. Their children and families and themselves go outdoors. They will surely feel what others feel as a consequence of the polluted environment and the pest infested atmosphere. We dont need to worry. They will soon do the needed. It isn't only the poor who will suffer the conditions. If it was only the poor and the average Lebanese with no power or voice, the serpents ruling us will pretend not to hear the pain and cries; maybe until someone burns himself or something tragic happens and the media reports it. Sick government, sick environment!
    I suggest you get a large can wipe out the whole country.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is so horrible, words are to no use. Mega idiots living in the shit, they are so tolerant it makes you think that garbage hell is exactly what they deserve for being so fuxing pacified and dumb.

I

illusion84

Let us not talk just about the government nihna sha3eb wissikh! We need Michel Aoun to act as Saddam Hussein start from the top ok but don't forget those at the bottom.
    El wissikh yali bikib min siyarto aw min el balcony aw yali bi kib bil 2ared on the sea side or in a park even though the trash bin is few feet away.

Fi mwazafin ktir bil dawleh bala 3azeh; make them civil servants and let them watch el neiss el weskha

Ba3dein mish badon decentralization? Decentralization means each area take care of its own garbage problem; the central state will help if they are using environment friendly procedure if not it should sanctions them.

Beirut and surrounding suburbs can have an incinerator under tight control, remote areas that helps in taking part of the garbage should be given intensives.

W impose military rule mish kill ma tole3 shal3outein lezim nrid 3aleihon; the political class is using the civil society to do their bidding! law 3imlo el ma3amel in 2015 kina khlissna hala2.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Let us not talk just about the government nihna sha3eb wissikh! We need Michel Aoun to act as Saddam Hussein start from the top ok but don't forget those at the bottom.
    El wissikh yali bikib min siyarto aw min el balcony aw yali bi kib bil 2ared on the sea side or in a park even though the trash bin is few feet away.

Fi mwazafin ktir bil dawleh bala 3azeh; make them civil servants and let them watch el neiss el weskha

Ba3dein mish badon decentralization? Decentralization means each area take care of its own garbage problem; the central state will help if they are using environment friendly procedure if not it should sanctions them.

Beirut and surrounding suburbs can have an incinerator under tight control, remote areas that helps in taking part of the garbage should be given intensives.

W impose military rule mish kill ma tole3 shal3outein lezim nrid 3aleihon; the political class is using the civil society to do their bidding! law 3imlo el ma3amel in 2015 kina khlissna hala2.
    You really think that there is hope for the country and its people? The people need to be hammered every single day. We need a Bashar like figure who any person who steps out of line is hit or sent to prison. This bullshit system we have should change.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    These phenomena are not restricted to crawlers. Last week i saw the migration of the butterflies up in the mountain in Ftou7. I'm not exaggerating when i say millions of butterflies were passing in the same direction following the same path. It's a very beautiful sight.