What are you doing in the New Year?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
i find New Year's eve too overrated..
what do we really celebrate? the end of a successful year? or the end of a horrible year? will new year's eve erase what happened in the previous year in the hopes of a BETTER year the next day?
Well, i hate to break it, but Jan 2 you go back to work, kids go back to school, you keep paying your bills, and you keep aging... nothing really changes :D
I don't mean to be downer, and don't get me wrong, i love life and enjoy every day of it.. but celebrating one EVE of the year is just overrated, it's just another EVE.. celebrate it every week if you can.

from my side, no major plans, just skiing with the kids Dec 31 and jan 1 :) so most probably will be in bed before midnight
I don't care that much for NYE either. Especially going places with a lot of strangers. It's always overpriced and overrated.

Nowadays we just gather with family and friends. It's a lot better. I still feel lazy about going, but once I'm there and had a drink or two, I manage to have fun.

As to what exactly we're celebrating...? For me it's more about being with family than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Either a gathering at home with family, or out in a place that's not too loud or crazy. Dislike masses of people and noisy venues. I always avoid places were you have to scream at the top of your lungs just to be audible.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    There is an astrological significance to the new year that isn’t found in other days. The eve of this day is particularly unique; so no, it’s not like every other eve.
    do tell what us the astrological significance?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Celebrating new years is stupid.. I don't get the extreme hype over it anymore!!!

I can admit though.. that I was fooled to celebrate it like the rest of the people of the world but then I realized and asked myself.. but why?

NewLeb

NewLeb

Celebrating new years is stupid.. I don't get the extreme hype over it anymore!!!

I can admit though.. that I was fooled to celebrate it like the rest of the people of the world but then I realized and asked myself.. but why?
    Because you’d rather be lonely and depressed in bed, that’s why!

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Because you’d rather be lonely and depressed in bed, that’s why!
    haha not really.. I only realized there is nothing to celebrate about.. just another passing day..
    And the depressed ones are the ones who are actually out there celebrating the shit out of themselves because another year passed!

ye3ni what is the point.. you tell me why celebrate the end of a year? why wasting such crazy amount of money just because the year "ended"?

Not that I'am saying that we shouldn't celebrate anything..
    I will celebrate for sure many good things in life but end of the year celebration is not one of them for me at least not anymore.

And it is not because I rather be in bed lonely and depressed.. that sounds more like a person who want to celebrate new year so badly but for some reasons couldn't do so :lol:

NewLeb

NewLeb

haha not really.. I only realized there is nothing to celebrate about.. just another passing day..
    And the depressed ones are the ones who are actually out there celebrating the shit out of themselves because another year passed!

ye3ni what is the point.. you tell me why celebrate the end of a year? why wasting such crazy amount of money just because the year "ended"?

If you’re going to look at it from a material perspective, I can understand how you don’t see the significance.

The concept of time itself is subjective, but that doesn’t mean our ideas of time don’t affect our lives, because they certainly do.

The end of the year marks the end of a certain measurement of time (that of the “year”). We interact with the universe and structure our thinking around many concepts that are related to the “year.” For example, how old are you? You reply with a number giving the number of “years” that you allegedly are.

Thus, when you celebrate the spirit of new “year”, you are acknowledging the end of something, and the beginning of another (in terms of “years”). The significance you attach to this event will determine how you view and experience other things that are understood only by referring to the mental concept of “years.”

Ergo, go out and get ****ed up! :asshat::asshat::asshat::cigar::cigar:

Last edited: