• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What are your top 5 netflix series?

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Im currently watching orange is the new black, its not bad but its not great either but it got me hooked (the constant boobs and lesbian action might be it)

Im still im s2 im wondering how they were able to stretch it out for 6 seasons.
Good luck with that. One of the worst and most boring series I ever watched. Top of my shit list.:wtf:

• Advertisement
  • Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Good luck with that. One of the worst and most boring series I ever watched. Top of my shit list.:wtf:
    I stopped warching couldnt make it all the way you got through all 6 seasons?

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    If yes tell me what happens in the end, I kinda wanna know but im not willing to watch anymore of this shit.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Fall is probably the most underrated series i know about.
    Of course, the story itself is rather simple but the acting and production are very well made. It's a pleasure to watch.

The fact that it reminds you of Dexter is not good promotion for the show mind you. Dexter's downfall in the last season is TV history. The only good season, worth one's time is season 5 if i remember correctly.

A lot of good series out there, sadly not all of them on Netflix. I would recommend The Wire, The Leftovers and Twin peaks (90's)
    The Fall reminded me of Dexter because the story was told from perspectives of serial killer and investigation team. Intersecting storylines are always suspenseful.

Story-wise, the first two seasons were excellent. But I didn't like how season 3 ended. Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger, and gave me high hopes for season 3. I was disappointed. I feel like they rushed to end it, and instead of taking the time to develop the story they just took the easy route.

In that way, it is also similar to Dexter's shitty season 8. When I recommend Dexter to people these days, I always tell them not to watch the last season. I liked all seasons except the third and sixth. Seasons 4 and 5 are my favorites. I liked performances of the dude who played "Surprise Motherfucker" and Yvonne Strahovski's who played Hannah McKay.

If you know similar shows, please recommend.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Good you did. Yes I watched it all. Kept watching and waiting for it to become interesting, yet it kept sinking until I found myself doing something else while it was running in the background. You missed nothing, trust me. Because there is literally nothing to miss. There is no story to start with. Just a boring context where a bunch of boring characters are put together, and then nothing else. If I was in jail and had nothing else to watch, I still wouldn't watch it. Yeah, that much boring, lol.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Fall reminded me of Dexter because the story was told from perspectives of serial killer and investigation team. Intersecting storylines are always suspenseful.

Story-wise, the first two seasons were excellent. But I didn't like how season 3 ended. Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger, and gave me high hopes for season 3. I was disappointed. I feel like they rushed to end it, and instead of taking the time to develop the story they just took the easy route.

In that way, it is also similar to Dexter's shitty season 8. When I recommend Dexter to people these days, I always tell them not to watch the last season. I liked all seasons except the third and sixth. Seasons 4 and 5 are my favorites. I liked performances of the dude who played "Surprise Motherfucker" and Yvonne Strahovski's who played Hannah McKay.

If you know similar shows, please recommend.
    Speaking of Dexter's 4th & 5th, the actor who takes credit for these shows is hands down John Lithgow. The man's craft is stellar.
    As far as the genre goes, there's Bron/Broen (of course the Danish/Swedish not the US version), The Killing, Hannibal & i think Dark fits into that category quite easily even though it's about much more.

Other good shows i saw last year were Taboo, Homecoming and The Night Of. All recommendable with a clear conscience.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    @Lebanese Pride just finished season 4.

It got better with every season. Now I need to download Season 5 because i cant see it on Netflix :(

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    There are many good ones and many shit ones but my brain is fried I cant remember most :) and I cant remember which ones were on Netflix vs Amazon Prime, Hulu, or HBO or Showtime or whatever.

Here are some I liked: Fargo, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Sopranos, Narcos, Ozarks, Dexter, Sex Education, Stranger Things, 13 Reasons Why, Jack Ryan, Sneaky Pete, Goliath, Deadwood, Rome, Spartacus, Homeland, Mindhunters, lilyhammer, the killing and 10 more cant remember lol

If you are interested in a show ask me and I will tell you

Last edited:
    loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Bodyguard is good ...watched the keepers yesterday about child molestation in the catholic church and the cover ups including a murder of a nun (documentary)
    i saw The Keepers a few months ago.. disturbing!!

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    no one mentioned PEAKY BLINDERS!!!??? i am very disappointed in all of you! :D this is by far my absolute favourite!

so here is my list:
    - Peaky Blinders
    - Ozark
    - Breaking Bad
    - House of Cards
    - Wentworth... i HATED orange is the new black, but Wentworth (which is also a women's jail series) is waaaay better!
    - (not on Netflix:) The Leftovers

Documentaries:
    - THe Keepers (disturbing i must say)
    - Wild Wild West
    - Making a Murderer
    - (not on Netflix, but one of the BEST CRIME DOCUMENTARIES.... The Jinx!).

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    no one mentioned PEAKY BLINDERS!!!??? i am very disappointed in all of you! :D this is by far my absolute favourite!

so here is my list:
    - Peaky Blinders
    - Ozark
    - Breaking Bad
    - House of Cards
    - Wentworth... i HATED orange is the new black, but Wentworth (which is also a women's jail series) is waaaay better!
    - (not on Netflix:) The Leftovers

Documentaries:
    - THe Keepers (disturbing i must say)
    - Wild Wild West
    - Making a Murderer
    - (not on Netflix, but one of the BEST CRIME DOCUMENTARIES.... The Jinx!).
    I watched 5 minutes of Peaky Blinders, couldnt continue. Dont know why...

I liked House of cards first few seasons, then it became shit...

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    @Jo go with my list, you will not regret it, I have a bad taste in politicians but good taste in TV series :)

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I watched 5 minutes of Peaky Blinders, couldnt continue. Dont know why...

I liked House of cards first few seasons, then it became shit...
    Peaky is an odd show.. i never thought i would like it, but once you get into it (watch more than just 5 minutes), you get HOOKED!!! i told my boss about it before i left on vacation last summer, i came back, he had finished all 4 seasons!

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Peaky is an odd show.. i never thought i would like it, but once you get into it (watch more than just 5 minutes), you get HOOKED!!! i told my boss about it before i left on vacation last summer, i came back, he had finished all 4 seasons!
    I will watch the first full episode. lot of people like it.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I have to add, definitely watch Curb Your Enthusiasm

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I will watch the first full episode. lot of people like it.
    it;s one of the FEW series that i am ready to watch the full series all over again! watch a couple of episodes

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    it;s one of the FEW series that i am ready to watch the full series all over again! watch a couple of episodes
    If you like breaking bad you must watch Better Call Saul. In fact I think Better Call Saul is better in a way

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    If you like breaking bad you must watch Better Call Saul. In fact I think Better Call Saul is better in a way
    see i did watch Better Call Saul, and didnt like it at all! Breaking Bad was so good, probably my expectations were skewed.