What do I need to travel to Lebanon with a baby?

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
Orange Room Supporter
I'm going to Lebanon next month with my daughter, my husband will not be joining us, I was told that I need written permission from the father but I called the Lebanese consulate and they said it should be a laisser passer at the mairie, so I called the mairie and they told me I actually didn't need anything, her passport and mine would suffice.

Everyone on the Lebanese side is making a big fuss about it, talking about how I need an id or at least a valid ekhraj eid on top of the written permission of my husband since she only has a French passport and nowhere does it say I'm her mother on it (unlike the Lebanese passport where they put the name of the mother). Anyway it's all just a big headache at this point with everyone providing input and talking about extra papers lol. so I want to know if anyone has been in this position, or do you guys know if I need written permissions and ekhraj Eid and all that garbage so I can travel to Lebanon with her?

• Advertisement
  • JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Didn't you put her on your Lebanese passport?

I never wrote anything for my wife and kids.
    But I have registered them in Lebanese consulate in Paris upon birth.

Other than that I didn't do anything special

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    Didn't you put her on your Lebanese passport?

I never wrote anything for my wife and kids.
    But I have registered them in Lebanese consulate in Paris upon birth.

Other than that I didn't do anything special
    I need to put her on my Lebanese passport? I can't wait 3 months for a new one lol!

Your wife travelled alone with the kids with no written permission?

Edit: we're all registered at the consulate and she has an ekhraj Eid but it's old now well older than 3 months

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I need to put her on my Lebanese passport? I can't wait 3 months for a new one lol!

Edit: we're all registered at the consulate and she has an ekhraj Eid but it's old now well older than 3 months
    Passports take 3 months here? in leb i did mine in 3 days and ekhraj eid 1 day...check how long it takes call them

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm going to Lebanon next month with my daughter, my husband will not be joining us, I was told that I need written permission from the father but I called the Lebanese consulate and they said it should be a laisser passer at the mairie, so I called the mairie and they told me I actually didn't need anything, her passport and mine would suffice.

Everyone on the Lebanese side is making a big fuss about it, talking about how I need an id or at least a valid ekhraj eid on top of the written permission of my husband since she only has a French passport and nowhere does it say I'm her mother on it (unlike the Lebanese passport where they put the name of the mother). Anyway it's all just a big headache at this point with everyone providing input and talking about extra papers lol. so I want to know if anyone has been in this position, or do you guys know if I need written permissions and ekhraj Eid and all that garbage so I can travel to Lebanon with her?
    1- plane tikets
    2- a baby

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    1- 2 plane tikets
    2- a baby
    It's one the baby is apparently seated on your lap if younger than 2, some airlines require car seats, she does get a 10kg baggage though lol

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    just called the amn l 3am upon @mrsrx' suggestion they said I don't need anything so I guess thread closed ?

Blaming this one on family members who keep worrying about nothing and getting everyone worried with them ?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

yes she traveled alone with them many times.

btw if you are entering with you french passport, you are a french citizen as she is, so the lebanese authorities have nothing to with you

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    yes she traveled alone with them many times.

btw if you are entering with you french passport, you are a french citizen as she is, so the lebanese authorities have nothing to with you
    Still waiting on my citizenship, no French passport yet. They said I don't need anything in Lebanon, thanks for the help though :)

opium

opium

The permission is needed for when you apply for the Lebanese passport .