What Do You Do If You Feel Lonely During The Covid Outbreak?

dripstraws

The covid outbreak has made it harder for us to be with others. There are a lot of restrictions and we have limited contact with family and friends, even social and leisure activities are restricted, which can cause feelings of loneliness especially if you are staying at home. What do you do if you feel lonely during the coronavirus outbreak?

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
The covid outbreak has made it harder for us to be with others. There are a lot of restrictions and we have limited contact with family and friends, even social and leisure activities are restricted, which can cause feelings of loneliness especially if you are staying at home. What do you do if you feel lonely during the coronavirus outbreak?
when i get lonely and sad i remember that people like @GrumpForTrump exist and then i feel better abt myself.
thank you grumpy!

NewLeb

Feeling alone is a reflection of your failure to perceive the infinite and wonderful inner dimensions of the human being.

If you can’t stand being alone, than you can’t stand being with yourself. The solution is self-love....

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
Meet some of your family members (mother, father, siblings etc..) outdoors. Exercise, preferably outdoors, you will feel much better. Otherwise, talk to friends online, FaceTime etc.. At the end of the day, you should always remember that all of this will end and life as we know it will be back.

Last edited:

dripstraws

You guys are hilarious! What would I do without you. LOL Yeah, I guess meeting people online, having a good laugh do good.

Feeling alone is a reflection of your failure to perceive the infinite and wonderful inner dimensions of the human being.

If you can’t stand being alone, than you can’t stand being with yourself. The solution is self-love....

I guess I still have a lot of reflecting to do. Discover things about me? I mean, what could I not know about myself. I'm not good with this.

Meet some of your family members (mother, father, siblings etc..) outdoors. Exercise, preferably outdoors, you will feel much better. Otherwise, talk to friends online, FaceTime etc.. At the end of the day, you should always remember that all of this will end and life as we know it will be back.

Thanks, this is nice. I hear having an affirmation is good for the soul. I'll give it a try.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

This works only with chosen solitude. When loneliness is imposed by circumstances not under your control, you may have to live with it, but you'd be lying to yourself if you say you'll be loving it. I suspect self-love in sufism is the equivalence of "if you can't beat them, join them.." :lol:

Remember that Allah didn't create a wax doll for Adam to stare at when bored in paradise, he made him an Eve of flesh and blod. Mistake or not, I'm at least glad he did, and so should you my dear Sufist master.

NewLeb

This works only with chosen solitude. When loneliness is imposed by circumstances not under your control, you may have to live with it, but you'd be lying to yourself if you say you'll be loving it. I suspect self-love in sufism is the equivalence of "if you can't beat them, join them.." :lol:

All humans are reflections of the Divine Light that exist as fragments within the human creation.

Essentially, you are the only person that exists in this world. Only Allah is Real.

All circumstances are under your control, so self-imposition is only an illusion. Those who find themselves in unchosen solitude have so far strayed from their Real Selves that it manifested in their miserable isolation.

Ergo, the COVID-19 pandemic is only a manifestation of the extent to which humanity has forgotten itself....

Remember that Allah didn't create a wax doll for Adam to stare at when bored in paradise, he made him an Eve of flesh and blod. Mistake or not, I'm at least glad he did, and so should you my dear Sufist master.

Actually, that’s exactly what Allah did. He created Eve after Adam complained about being bored in Paradise. This is why women are soft, mushy, and nice to look at.