What do you think of giving Palestinians the nationality vs 100B USD?

Are you with this solution or not?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 96.4%

• Total voters
zero

zero

All for an easing of restrictions on Palestinians when the time is right, because they make their money and spend it in Lebanon and because it helps combat the spread of extremism in the camps. Give them an MP or two to be included in the 27 Sunni MPs. If we have a stronger economy, ease some of the restrictions.

But citizenship? Absolutely not. Sectarian issues aside, Lebanon doesn’t have work for half of its youth. This would be a disaster from which no one would win except the US, Israelis, and Saudis.

Israel made them refugees. Israel has to remedy the situation. Not Lebanon.
Yes I agree with your last paragraph, but no use counting on Israel to remedy the situation because they dont give a shit. We need to be realistic. Like it or not they are Lebanon's problem now.

• Advertisement
  • S

Saj

Yes I agree with your last paragraph, but no use counting on Israel to remedy the situation because they dont give a shit. We need to be realistic. Like it or not they are Lebanon's problem now.
    Well then it’s a good thing Lebanon has a resistance that stands in Israel’s face. We are not pushovers. If Israel doesn’t want to fix it then it can live with this resistance north of its border forever.

zero

zero

Well then it’s a good thing Lebanon has a resistance that stands in Israel’s face. We are not pushovers. If Israel doesn’t want to fix it then it can live with this resistance north of its border forever.
    And by resistance I assume you mean HA? Eh la2. Most Lebanese and Palestinians are not waiting around for HA to free Palestine or for Israel to take back the refugees. Nor are the Lebanese willing to see their country destroyed for the sake of Palestine. I think most Lebanese dont care if the Palestinian refugees go back to Palestine or they go to Jordan or Egypt.

S

Saj

And by resistance I assume you mean HA? Eh la2. Most Lebanese and Palestinians are not waiting around for HA to free Palestine or for Israel to take back the refugees. Nor are the Lebanese willing to see their country destroyed for the sake of Palestine. I think most Lebanese dont care if the Palestinian refugees go back to Palestine or they go to Jordan or Egypt.
    I didn’t say for the sake of Palestine. Just that there will never be peace with Israel as long as the Palestinians remain in Lebanon. And no one else is going to take them man. The Palestinians will remain in Lebanon or they will return to their homes. It’s nice to believe the Palestinians can go just anywhere but we know that’s not true. If some other country was ever gonna take them it would have happened during the civil war. If it couldn’t happen then it’ll probably never happen now. And with this in mind, then the resistance can stay north of Israel and continue to be a thorn in their thighs. The only reason Palestinians aren’t already Lebanese citizens is because HA is armed, we don’t have to kid ourselves.

And by resistance, I mean ppl who stand in israel’s face. Today it is HA, yesterday it was the leftists, tomorrow it can be the army. But Israel has to clean up the mess it made.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

the solution to the palestinians is that they get out. all of them take citizenships outside from canada to australia to jungle gym. get out metloun metel the syrians.

S

Saj

the solution to the palestinians is that they get out. all of them take citizenships outside from canada to australia to jungle gym. get out metloun metel the syrians.
    And what is going to make Canada take them? The Palestinians are begging by the thousands for Canada to give them visas, but what will make Canada or any country do that?

zero

zero

I didn’t say for the sake of Palestine. Just that there will never be peace with Israel as long as the Palestinians remain in Lebanon. And no one else is going to take them man. The Palestinians will remain in Lebanon or they will return to their homes. It’s nice to believe the Palestinians can go just anywhere but we know that’s not true. If some other country was ever gonna take them it would have happened during the civil war. If it couldn’t happen then it’ll probably never happen now. And with this in mind, then the resistance can stay north of Israel and continue to be a thorn in their thighs. The only reason Palestinians aren’t already Lebanese citizens is because HA is armed, we don’t have to kid ourselves.

And by resistance, I mean ppl who stand in israel’s face. Today it is HA, yesterday it was the leftists, tomorrow it can be the army. But Israel has to clean up the mess it made.
    The situation now is different than it was back then. Add into it the fact that there is huge monetary compensation this time and I bet it works. Unfortunately arab leaders will sell their mother if they can get a good price LOL. In Lebanon we can reject that, because of the sensitive sectarian balance, but in Egypt, Jordan and Syria for example, it's not a big issue. If let's say 100k Palestinians go to Egypt its not going to affect their demographics much. They have a population of a 100mill. In Syria they can replace many of those that were forced to migrate. It might actually work out well for those countries. We just cannot rely on Israel to clean up their mess. It's just not going to happen.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

And what is going to make Canada take them? The Palestinians are begging by the thousands for Canada to give them visas, but what will make Canada or any country do that?
    not our issue. get them out.

S

Saj

not our issue. get them out.
    Khayye I’m with you. I’m asking you how? get them out to where? Who is getting them out? These are questions that need answers and no one seems to have an answer in Lebanon to them. And that is why they remain in Lebanon.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Khayye I’m with you. I’m asking you how? get them out to where? Who is getting them out? These are questions that need answers and no one seems to have an answer in Lebanon to them. And that is why they remain in Lebanon.
    its either outside countries give them visas and they get out or they will continue to live they are living in lebanon. what answer do u expect from lebanon? a country that cant even feed its own population.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    100bn divided by 400,000 Palestinians, that is $250,000 per head. If the Palestinians are offered cash of $50,000 each and a house and the host country (like Jordan or Egypt) half of the $250,000 per head, I believe the problem is solved. It won't even take up to 100bn to solve the problem. Only financial reward and the promise of a better life away from Lebanon can get the Palestinians to leave Lebanon. But the US and the EU want to solve the issue using our debt as a bargaining chip and in the process add more burden to our economy and politics. They must really think we are really really dumb.

Last edited:
    Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Take the 100B if you can, an amount you will never receive, since Jared Kushner tried to bribe the Palestinians themselves in Palestine itself for 50B, and the gulf states would pay. The US freezed 100M in military aid, would it give us 100B?

Instead, focus on how to make the Syrians return to Syria. You are not risking much with the Palestinians as the case with the Syrians, and they (Palestinians) are not different from us as much as you think, many of them you cannot even recognize they are Palestinians as you instantly do with the Syrians, for that many Lebanese found it normal and easy to join Fateh, but even Syria's allies remained distant and aloof, and found the Syrians to be politically, culturally & socially opposite to us, or even representing our negation, so to speak.

My personal opinion is against the naturalization of the Palestinians, not out of the embedded Lebanese racism, but because it's their right to return to their homeland. But in times of upheavals and uncertainty, we should have priorities, and the first priority now is to make it clear legally, politically and even economically for the Syrians that they are not welcome here, except for what Lebanon needs of workers coming through the legal procedure and paying taxes.

Last edited:
    Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    Are they giving the $100B in a check or in cash? Or in WeWork ownership stake? Before or after istaz’s 50% cut?

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    It seems, it is being officially suggested by the EU.

Christians won't accept it.
    Druze won't accept it.
    Shiah won't accept it. Especially not Hezbollah.
    Only Sunnis would.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    100bn divided by 400,000 Palestinians, that is $250,000 per head. If the Palestinians are offered cash of $50,000 each and a house and the host country (like Jordan or Egypt) half of the $250,000 per head, I believe the problem is solved. It won't even take up to 100bn to solve the problem. Only financial reward and the promise of a better life away from Lebanon can get the Palestinians to leave Lebanon. But the US and the EU want to solve the issue using our debt as a bargaining chip and in the process add more burden to our economy and politics. They must really think we are really really dumb.
    We are worse than dumb.

420weblazeit

420weblazeit

Cape Verde grants citizenship to anyone who marries a citizen upon marriage. Cape Verdeans do not need visas to Tunisia. Kelibia is the closest point to Italy. Make them Cape Verdeans quietly and let them **** off to Europe via the Mediterranean. Ukraine has no laws against fictitious marriages and 2 years after the union, regardless of where the non-Ukrainian lives, they can apply for Ukrainian citizenship. UA is on it's way to join the EU and it's citizens can already visit Europe visa-free. Ergo, you can make them citizens of a country then make them foreigners with persona-non-grata status in Lebanon. $100k+ buys you citizenship for a family (under certain circumstances). They can smuggle themselves into Gaza via Egypt (through the numerous tunnels). There are a million and one solutions to un-crowd Lebanon. There just needs to be a mass propaganda campaign.

Oh, and Cape Verde doesn't require visas from anyone EXCEPT Moroccans. The cost of living there is $300 a month. They can all **** off there at once on chartered planes (300 people per flight, cheaper than paying for tickets individually) and receive their UNRWA money there and live far better lives under palm trees, without working, than suffering in and ****ing Lebanon up. Their kids can learn Portuguese and fast track immigrate into Portugal or Brazil.

Who do I contact to propose this idea to them?