What does Aoun think of Bachir Gemayel?

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
As I understand, the clashes between LF and Aoun only started after the assassination of Bachir. Hence, Aoun and Bachir never fought each other.

Knowing Aoun is a moderate and secular guy, I'm curious to know he felt about a hardline and sectarian warlord like Bachir. I've noticed that Aounists, themselves tend to be mixed. Some love the guy, others consider him a criminal.

TheMaronite

Good question

We have to know that a large base of Aoun's supporter in general are either:

Qoudama : Kataeb, ouwwet, tanzim, horras arz and Ahrar

Or

Qoudama : ketleh wataniyyeh, awmiyyeh (yes there are some), communists, and other ex- left parties

The former category tend to adulate BG (except few ahrar) the latter category tend to consider him as a warlord sectarian criminal.

Therefore, Aoun is very prudent when he talks about BG during interviews in order to not embarass the second category. Intelligently he talked in a very prudent way about habib chartouni on the eve of the election in Matn after pierre gemayel's assassination in order to earn the sympathy of the NSSP.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Thanks for the detailex answer.

Whatever happened to the National Bloc aka Ketleh Watanieh? That was one of the most respectful parties out there.

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
3ayb Hal so2al...
Go and read the near Lebanese history, you will know the answer alone without anyone to explain it to both of you.

How old are you guys, I think you are in the twenties or the thirties. If you are older this question is non sense. Everyone knows that Michel Aoun was one of the gamma group.
Go and read the book of waddah sharara or any book talking really about the intelligencia group of bash.
3ayb ya Maronite. I doubt about your loyalty ya maronite. I think that u r politically involved in some political groups. So have plz a giraffe neck before writing anything about us the Maronites.

By the way, in that gamma group, PMA was not all the time at the same wave as Bashir. So many times according to archives, they have had different point of views but at the end the interest of a FreeLebanon has to be done.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
3ayb Hal so2al...
Go and read the near Lebanese history, you will know the answer alone without anyone to explain it to both of you.

How old are you guys, I think you are in the twenties or the thirties. If you are older this question is non sense. Everyone knows that Michel Aoun was one of the gamma group.
Go and read the book of waddah sharara or any book talking really about the intelligencia group of bash.
3ayb ya Maronite. I doubt about your loyalty ya maronite. I think that u r politically involved in some political groups. So have plz a giraffe neck before writing anything about us the Maronites.

By the way, in that gamma group, PMA was not all the time at the same wave as Bashir. So many times according to archives, they have had different point of views but at the end the interest of a FreeLebanon has to be done.
Age is not s factor, they haven't read the books.... l'histoire de la guerre au Liban (Alain menargues) if u prefer french...

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Law geagea ken out of jail, ma ken mecheh bel 7elf l rouba3i. It is very likely that he would allied with FPM, which is the correct thing he could have done

at the time, i dont think he would
cause he thought he could be the number one party in the christian street
and that usa policy will win

anywya, mashi al 7al
people mature and policies do change and today we have a better and more mature relationship with ouwat, based on past experiences , so it will be solid

TheMaronite

at the time, i dont think he would
cause he thought he could be the number one party in the christian street
and that usa policy will win

anywya, mashi al 7al
people mature and policies do change and today we have a better and more mature relationship with ouwat, based on past experiences , so it will be solid
Inhallah

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Maybe Aoun supported Bashir in the beginning when he was fighting the Palis but I'm sure he didn't approve of LF/Kataeb's principles (or rather lack of them), sectarianism, and ID-based massacres.

After all, it's Bachir's party he was fighting against.

sailormoon

As I understand, the clashes between LF and Aoun only started after the assassination of Bachir. Hence, Aoun and Bachir never fought each other.
Clashes started in 1989 and leaded in 1990 to an open war. Before that date LF and Aoun were some kind of allies.
Regarding Bachir , Aoun was part of his close circle, he also took part in many battles like tal el zaatar for instance.

JB81

Legendary Member
He's really handsome too (no homo)

He seems to have the charisma and looks!!! Very important for politics. You can be edameh but if you don't have charisma; are boring, you don't know how to deliver the message effectively; you go nowhere.