• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What does your nickname mean?

nonsense

Legendary Member
Long story :p

We've got time!:)

My nickname was 'borrowed' from the scene towards the end of the film Dead Poet's Society..."O Captain! my Captain"...which btw was inspired by a poem of that title by Walt Whitman after Lincoln's assassination. But I choose it for the scene in the film, a must see!

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up--for you the flag is flung--for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribboned wreaths--for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will.
The ship is anchored safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

Fortunately, we will be having a much happier ending for our General!
My only regret is that my nick is too long, I'd rather Gmg. lol.

The Brain

I have chosen my nickname because:

• The Brain is a marvelous part of the body which controls everything, so powerful & hide many secrets, active never retire until death.

• Some people have it but don't use it :biggrin: others used it to be useful in this world as Einstein.

• Also remind me of the cartoons Pinky & The Brain

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Incidentally The Brain looks like a cartoon version of GMA.

Lol.

Observer

Mine was due to my first contact with this forum and my initial intention of not willing to engage in any debate. I was here only to Observe.

Learned

I picked the nickname "Learned" a long time ago (abt 8 years ago), the first time I registered on an online messaging board, and since then I've used the same nick pretty much on all the forums on I post in, including The Orange Room.

I don't remember why I picked it actually, but I'm sure my reasons weren't very good since I don't like it very much anymore. It sounds very arrogant, I know. Since then, I've realized that I'm not quite as "learned" as I may have once thought, I've still got a long ways to go...

Maybe its time to change my nick. Is that allowed? Any suggestions?

Layyouss

Administrator
Master Penguin
I picked the nickname "Learned" a long time ago (abt 8 years ago), the first time I registered on an online messaging board, and since then I've used the same nick pretty much on all the forums on I post in, including The Orange Room.

I don't remember why I picked it actually, but I'm sure my reasons weren't very good since I don't like it very much anymore. It sounds very arrogant, I know. Since then, I've realized that I'm not quite as "learned" as I may have once thought, I've still got a long ways to go...

Maybe its time to change my nick. Is that allowed? Any suggestions?

Any old/active member can change his nickname, if you want to change your nickname send a PM to the administration (Mods, Team Leaders or The Administrator)

Ps: you can not change your nickname for the fun of it, or change it every couple days, the administration reserves the right to reject any renaming request and might ask you to register with a new account.

Cheers,
Layyouss

http://forum.tayyar.org/f7/what-does-your-nickname-mean-6650/index35.html#post931038