• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What is happening in Armenia? [Clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenia in Nagorno-Karabakh]

gramsci

Legendary Member
looks like another coloured coup is on the make in armenia against the pro putin president .

Kizzeb2019

looks like another coloured coup is on the make in armenia against the pro putin president .

U mean a president who changed the constitution because he can't be a president for the next term , and he put the powers in prime minister hands and now he s nominating to as prime minister
ahahahahaha yea yea putin style crook :D
all putin style crooks like that :D now how many ppl he ll kill b4 they overthrow him or he flee to RF like all the dictators and live there.

gramsci

Legendary Member
U mean a president who changed the constitution because he can't be a president for the next term , and he put the powers in prime minister hands and now he s nominating to as prime minister
ahahahahaha yea yea putin style crook :D
all putin style crooks like that :D now how many ppl he ll kill b4 they overthrow him or he flee to RF like all the dictators and live there.

so the solution is a nazi dictatorship like the proroshenko and azov and praviy sektor in ukraine ?

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Serge Sarkissian used to be the prime minister. Then he became president. And then president again for a second term. He's not allowed to be president again, so he is back to being the prime minister...after changing the constitution from a presidential republic to a parliamentary state, in which the prime minister has all the power and the president has a ceremonial role.

People are understandably angry and fed up with the mafia and corruption.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if foreign agents are using this as an opportunity to gain influence in the country. They already gave it a name: the "velvet revolution." :rolleyes:

Kizzeb2019

Serge Sarkissian used to be the prime minister. Then he became president. And then president again for a second term. He's not allowed to be president again, so he is back to being the prime minister...after changing the constitution from a presidential republic to a parliamentary state, in which the prime minister has all the power and the president has a ceremonial role.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if foreign agents are using this as an opportunity to gain influence in the country. They already gave it a name: the "velvet revolution." :rolleyes:
Isnt being Russian federation puppet “foreign agents having imfluence in the country?
What is the difference .

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Isnt being Russian federation puppet “foreign agents having imfluence in the country?
What is the difference .

It is. I have no issues with Armenia being aligned with Europe instead.*

The issue I have is that every time Westerners are behind a revolution, chaos ensues. And I don't know if the leader of this so-called revolution is more trustworthy than the current political class.

* Practically speaking, there could be issues with a European alignment: 1) Turkey is already part of NATO. Whose side would Europe take if there was a conflict of interest between Turkey and Armenia? If they side with Turkey, and Armenia no longer has Russian protection, it would be disastrous. 2) How far are Europeans willing to go to ensure the protection, and eventual reunification with Armenia, of the Artsakh territory? 3) Armenia has a very good relationship with Iran, and they share one of the only two open borders Armenia has with neighboring countries. Armenia is landlocked and this border is vital for trade. Europeans, on the other hand, are in conflict with Iran.

Kizzeb2019

The issue I have is that every time Westerners are behind a revolution, chaos ensues. And I don't know if the leader of this so-called revolution is more trustworthy than the current political class.

* Practically speaking, there could be issues with a European alignment: 1) Turkey is already part of NATO. Whose side would Europe take if there was a conflict of interest between Turkey and Armenia? If they side with Turkey, and Armenia no longer has Russian protection, it would be disastrous. 2) How far are Europeans willing to go to ensure the protection, and eventual reunification with Armenia, of the Artsakh territory? 3) Armenia has a very good relationship with Iran, and they share one of the only two open borders Armenia has with neighboring countries. Armenia is landlocked and this border is vital for trade. Europeans, on the other hand, are in conflict with Iran.
Exactly , so for all those reasons RF has the right to put Puppets dictators with corrupt background.
Tayeb my qst , why cant Russian federatiom choose a normal puppet , who will be acceptable by the ppl of the country . ?
Answer:
All the regimes that want to control a country by poppets they corrupt the leaders.
Remember syria and lebanon . Same style .
So now ppl of armenia has to chose die on the hands of their leaders or on the handa of turkish and Azeris .

The Jade

Legendary Member

Very Putin and Erdogan of him!

gramsci

Legendary Member

Add to all that the Nagorno qara bakh issue .. Azerbeijan is a western- israeli asset against iran and russia ( azeries are shia ).

Death To Google

NATO probably want to use Armenia to blackmail Turkey and gain more control over Turkey's policy, at least for now.
If NATO decides to dump Turkey (far fetched in foreseeable future), then they will NEED Armenia as an ally and base from which to target Turkey.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Add to all that the Nagorno qara bakh issue .. Azerbeijan is a western- israeli asset against iran and russia ( azeries are shia ).

Yes, Artsakh is the Armenian name for Nagorno-Karabagh. In Armenia, they don't differentiate between Turks and Azeris. They consider Azeris to be Shia Turks.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So now ppl of armenia has to chose die on the hands of their leaders or on the handa of turkish and Azeris .

Well...I would choose the former without a second thought. It's better to get partly robbed than to get completely robbed and exterminated.

gramsci

Legendary Member
Yes, Artsakh is the Armenian name for Nagorno-Karabagh. In Armenia, they don't differentiate between Turks and Azeris. They consider Azeris to be Shia Turks.
Sorry i didnt know the armenian name..
I hinted to azeri religion , that can be used against iran .. In iran there are azeri minority and since azeri are pro western shia , can be used by the west to make anti regime in iran proselitism.
A friend of mine used to work with azeri companies told me a lot about corruption there , and how israeli are influential in baku.

Dulle Griet

Uhm nice news here I didn't know about...

Notably one fact on the reactions here:
Some naif people believe that Putin and his fellows presidents of satellite republics are dictators and there is no democracy in these States.
True.
But their thinking stops here. Impliying that in the West there is democracy.
No.

The west just uses a different technique.
Look at USA: the deep state is always there, be that Clinton, Trump, Obama or Bush the president. The real government is always one, and always the same.
Look at EU: a non-elected body of bureaucrats is taking decisions about all the people in Europe without accountability and regard for specific situations.

Simply there is people around that thinks that once you saved the form you are okay with the content.
The argument "but Putin is a dictator, but Russia is not free" is ridiculous.

I hope they crack down on these demonstrations, because they are democratic as much as the Syrian uprising is democratic...

Randomiser

At least look at the bright side, he didnt extend his term for extra 9 years...

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

This is from a student association linked to Tashnag.

"Armenia is in an alarming state. The current protests are evidence that systemic and radical changes are necessary.

The Zavarian Student Association strictly condemns criticism of, or attempts to stifle, freedom of speech or expression, activism, or peaceful gatherings in Armenia. We also condemn the use of force implemented by the police force against peaceful protestors.

Based on the founding principles of the Tashnag party, we welcome any peaceful activism which aims to freely and impartially raise objections to political decisions. Therefore, we consider the protests to be healthy / legitimate, so far; because they remained peaceful and avoided dangerous clashes. On the other hand, we believe that a protest movement must switch from the field of revolt to a constructive field, in order to yield results."

I have to go. Will translate the rest later.

For the record, the leader of the protest movement used to work with former president Levon Der Bedrossian. When the latter was in power, the other side also held protests against him.