What Is in Dima Sadek's Stolen Phone? Is It Sensitive Information?

• Advertisement
  • Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    No
    Put thugs in power and suffer the consequences

The guy stole her phone live on tv and in front of the police.

3ahd l zel
    That’s another story, but if you don’t back up your phone and loose it or break it even it is not theft then you can only blame yourself

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    That’s another story, but if you don’t back up your phone and loose it or break it even it is not theft then you can only blame yourself
    The backup is just one part of the issue
    She also might've done the backup i'm only assuming here
    No need to milk it

agnostic

agnostic

Legendary Member
    Within 10 days, the country will be short of vital needs food, hydrocarbures, medical instruments, medicines, electricity, etc. that the Lebanese institutions in charge are unable to keep assuring their importation

And jame3it "I love life" all they care about is to scare points using the fate of a whore who got her phone taken by HA security intelligence and thus left in a hurry the country with her family and probably with millions of USD she could collect at the expense of the Lebanese.

ostwind

ostwind

even for pros ,i doubt hizbullah have a grey box
    unlocking an iphone was extremely hard even for FBI
    There is nothing extremely hard about unlocking someone's phone, yeah it isn't as easy as one might think. But there are always backdoors.
    Let me remind you of the incident that happened a couple of years ago when iCloud was hacked.

Chanklish

Chanklish

There is nothing extremely hard about unlocking someone's phone, yeah it isn't as easy as one might think. But there are always backdoors.
    Let me remind you of the incident that happened a couple of years ago when iCloud was hacked.
    you are comparing two different things
    why would people argue if they have no experience in the matter .. weird

ostwind

ostwind

you are comparing two different things
    why would people argue if they have no experience in the matter .. weird
    Two different things? how are those two different things?
    I work in IT and I do read a lot, so I do have "some" experience in this matter.

Chanklish

Chanklish

Two different things? how are those two different things?
    I work in IT and I do read a lot, so I do have "some" experience in this matter.
    you dont look like you have any experience when you compare the flaw in a cloud service to that of a physical phone .
    anyway who gives a **** .. i hope Lebanon burns

ostwind

ostwind

you dont look like you have any experience when you compare the flaw in a cloud service to that of a physical phone .
    anyway who gives a **** .. i hope Lebanon burns
    It seems YOU don't really know what you are talking about, because you think the physical phone isn't connected to the cloud service.
    Have you even heard of itunes? The ability to reset one's phone from there?
    And my analogy was based on one thing, that if iCloud was hacked, it isn't hard to hack anything.

Anyway yeah, it clearly shows how your argument is taking another take now :)

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Can we just make the difference between:
    A- Bypassing a screenlock
    B- Bypassing a screenlock and decrypting the data

A- is simple as you have a limited number of combinations and it is just a measure to protect your phone from your girlfriend finding out you downloaded tinder.
    B- Includes A but it is actually protecting important data on your phone from a higher level attack that is more difficult to crack but nevertheless feasable due to everyone searching and buying high performance phones (the tougher the encryption to crack the more secure but the more time it takes even with the key). Encrypting phone data is an option (at least on android here is a link for all those interested : How to Encrypt Your Android Device – A Step-by-Step Guide - Pixel Privacy ) doing this will definitely make your phone slower and IT companies usually make you download a third party secApps to add an extra layer when you want to use it for work email/accessing customer data.

An encrypted or not phone's data can be copied in several ways and cold decryption/cracking is something as you can use overpowered processors to crack an encryption designed to run on a weak/battery efficient/small processor ....doing so will accelerate the process.
    In short encrypt your phones but most importantly have good security reflexes like not setting all your alternate emails on your personal main email address, do not keep compromising data on it and do not do what she did flaunting it around in the middle of the streets when clearly she was a target...hold your phone tightly and make the timeout as short as possible....learn how to lock and erase your phone from a distance and practice all of this so if it happens you are ready to act in the 30minutes following (as was mentioned by @Danny Z )

Physical access to an electronic device puts all security measures at risk and that is why data servers are generally protected by armed guards (when legal) and have high security protocols on who is in and out...

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    I find it hilarious that people are taking glee in fabricating stories and spreading rumors about this woman being an Israeli agent. I'd be more concerned with the Syrian and Iranian agents among us that take pleasure in dividing the Lebanese people and work against every tenet of democracy.
    Those who are asking you to isolate 30% of your population are the ones dividing the people.

nolimits

nolimits

There is a word in the streets (Internet) that a lot of things will be exposed by her phone....
    I believe she is a hater, a conspirator and evil person....

But this is my opinion, what will be found in her phone is the true question...

Should I predict this thread is the one that will be like <<WhatsAPP>> thread that I predicted will be a great

thing to Lebanon?!!

Lets wait and see.
    Yes what an odd reaction. Most people celebrate when their phones get stolen

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Can we just make the difference between:
    A- Bypassing a screenlock
    B- Bypassing a screenlock and decrypting the data

A- is simple as you have a limited number of combinations and it is just a measure to protect your phone from your girlfriend finding out you downloaded tinder.
    B- Includes A but it is actually protecting important data on your phone from a higher level attack that is more difficult to crack but nevertheless feasable due to everyone searching and buying high performance phones (the tougher the encryption to crack the more secure but the more time it takes even with the key). Encrypting phone data is an option (at least on android here is a link for all those interested : How to Encrypt Your Android Device – A Step-by-Step Guide - Pixel Privacy ) doing this will definitely make your phone slower and IT companies usually make you download a third party secApps to add an extra layer when you want to use it for work email/accessing customer data.

An encrypted or not phone's data can be copied in several ways and cold decryption/cracking is something as you can use overpowered processors to crack an encryption designed to run on a weak/battery efficient/small processor ....doing so will accelerate the process.
    In short encrypt your phones but most importantly have good security reflexes like not setting all your alternate emails on your personal main email address, do not keep compromising data on it and do not do what she did flaunting it around in the middle of the streets when clearly she was a target...hold your phone tightly and make the timeout as short as possible....learn how to lock and erase your phone from a distance and practice all of this so if it happens you are ready to act in the 30minutes following (as was mentioned by @Danny Z )

Physical access to an electronic device puts all security measures at risk and that is why data servers are generally protected by armed guards (when legal) and have high security protocols on who is in and out...
    Add to that you need to encrypt your SD card as well.