What Is the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Books, Movies, Music, TV & Entertainment' started by bill, Apr 24, 2006.

1. gramsci

gramsci Well-Known Member

51%

a german movie with excellent soundtrack by max Richter...for GOT fans , sibel kikelli have the main role in this movie .

2. gramsci

51%
    Very tough movie.one of the best .a Must watch.

3. Impera

Impera Active Member

56%
    I rewatched The Wolf Of Wall Street with a friend of mine. It turns out the character that is played by Matthew McConaughey is Lebanese. His name is Mark Hanna.

4. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    The next movie I'm going to see...

Article: The Promise is an upcoming historical drama directed by Terry George and starring Christian Bale and Oscar Isaac, set in the final days of the Ottoman Empire.

A love triangle develops between an Armenian medical student Michael, an American journalist based in Paris named Christoper and an Armenian-born woman raised in France, Ana, during the final days of the Ottoman Empire and the beginning of theArmenian Genocide.

The Promise (2016 film) - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 2
  5. Picasso

Picasso Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter

79%
  6. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    The Turks are getting busy with propaganda...as usual...:rolleyes:

Christian Bale Armenian Genocide film gets 55,126 1-star ratings on IMDb off just three public screenings

Either there are some absolutely enormous cinemas out there that I’ve somehow never heard about, or IMDb users are voting politically on The Promise without having seen it.

Christian Bale Armenian Genocide film gets 55,126 1-star ratings on IMDb off just three public screenings | The Independent

• Like Like x 1
  7. Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix Well-Known Member

94%

imdb votes/rating means nothing

as u can see, anyone can buy votes/downvotes

Buy IMDb Votes - Home

• Like Like x 2
  8. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%

Article: The Man Who Knew Infinity is a 2015 British biographicaldrama film based on the 1991 book of the same name by Robert Kanigel. The film stars Dev Patel as the real-life Srinivasa Ramanujan, a mathematician who after growing up poor in Madras, India, earns admittance to Cambridge University during World War I, where he becomes a pioneer in mathematical theories with the guidance of his professor, G. H. Hardy.

The Man Who Knew Infinity (film) - Wikipedia

Article: Srinivasa Ramanujan FRS (pronunciation: [​IMG]i/ˈʃriːniˌvɑːsə ˈrɑːmɑːˌnʊdʒən/; 22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) was an Indian mathematician and autodidact. Though he had almost no formal training in pure mathematics, he made major contributions tomathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions. Ramanujan initially developed his own mathematical research in isolation; it was quickly recognized by Indian mathematicians. When his skills became obvious and known to the wider mathematical community, centred in Europe at the time, he began a partnership with the English mathematician G. H. Hardy. The Cambridge professor realized that Ramanujan had produced new theorems in addition to rediscovering previously known ones.

During his short life, Ramanujan independently compiled nearly 3,900 results (mostly identities and equations).[1] Nearly all his claims have now been proven correct.[2] His original and highly unconventional results, such as the Ramanujan prime and theRamanujan theta function, have inspired a vast amount of further research.[3] The Ramanujan Journal, a peer-reviewedscientific journal, was established to publish work in all areas of mathematics influenced by Ramanujan.[4]

Deeply religious,[5] Ramanujan credited his substantial mathematical capacities to divinity: '"An equation for me has no meaning," he once said, "unless it expresses a thought of God."'[6]

Srinivasa Ramanujan - Wikipedia

9. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Well-Known Member

6%
    true story of a medal of honor recipient in WW2
    a must watch

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. freelebanonn

freelebanonn Well-Known Member

63%
    Great movie. Mel gibson is a great director. I watched also fantastic beasts and how to find them 3D IMAX in city center. the 3D in the movie is stunning and the story is good. Its a prerequel on the harry potter franchise and it will be have many sequels too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%

12. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Great movie...

13. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Wisdom of the crowd? IMDb users gang up on Christian Bale’s new movie before it even opens.

By Travis M. Andrews April 19 at 2:24 AM

Wisdom of the crowd? IMDb users gang up on Christian Bale’s new movie before it even opens. - The Washington Post

People in the comments are saying that reading this article made them buy tickets for the movie :) The movie will start playing on the 21th for those interested.

14. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Christian Bale + Oscar Isaac Talk the Promise on CBS This Morning

15. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%

16. dripstraws

dripstraws New Member

74%
    I just watched Kong a few days ago.

17. gramsci

51%

From a real story, a very touching movie !!

18. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Vous n'imaginez pas tout ce que les Indiens font dans les salles de cinéma

Des spectateurs se jettent sur l'écran pour toucher l'image de leur acteur favori, pendant que d'autres retirent leur tee-shirt et le font tournoyer au-dessus de leur tête. Ce ne sont que deux exemples parmi les scènes d'hystérie et d'adulation auxquelles nous avons assisté à l'occasion de la sortie du plus gros film de l'histoire du cinéma en Inde.

Vous n'imaginez pas tout ce que les Indiens font dans les salles de cinéma | L'Inde en 2017 | ICI.Radio-Canada.ca

19. My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon Well-Known Member

71%
    b'ya3erfo 2eemet el moumassil el 2adeer bi India. I'm changing my plan, now I want to be a famous Indian actor in Bollywood instead of Hollywood. Is there by any chance a connection between India and Indie ya Indie?

20. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Sorry my dear...no connection. But they have a famous half Indian half Armenian actress over there. Maybe I can write her on your behalf and ask for a wasta :p

• Like Like x 1