Parliamentary elections 2018 what is the most important factor in casting your vote?

what are the most important factor in casting your vote?

• march 8 / 14, HA's weapons etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • supporting the president

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • dealing with the syrian refugees crisis.

• economy and providing basic services, 24/7 electricity, clean water, health care,

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • fighting corruption

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • my allegiance is to my party.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • my allegiance is to my sect.

• i am not voting in this election (state the reason why)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
to take the debate out of the meaningless back and forth, lets introduce a new category, what are your priorities and who do you think will be able to meet them?

what is your most decisive subject for the upcoming elections that determines how you will be casting your vote?

please elaborate.

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • D

Death To Google

A good election law determines if will vote at all or not.
    If voting, will vote if it would make a difference in the outcome both on personal and national levels.
    Otherwise I'd rather just sit on the sidelines and watch the action.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    personally i think the main priority at the moment is to address the economy and provide the basic services to our citizens, which will contribute to improving the quality of life and goes hand in hand with fighting corruption. the internal political feuds in Lebanon are meaningless and the focus should be the citizen first and last.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    A good election law determines if will vote at all or not.
    If voting, will vote if it would make a difference in the outcome both on personal and national levels.
    Otherwise I'd rather just sit on the sidelines and watch the action.
    what kind of laws you think is better and how do you think such a law could be accomplished in Lebanon?

D

Death To Google

what kind of laws you think is better and how do you think such a law could be accomplished in Lebanon?
    No need to go into the law topic in detail again but suffice to say the current has to major structural problems, mainly:
    - The tafdili implementation which robs voters of agency and weakens more amateur parties.
    - Based on "minimum tadekhol" principle

A better law would be accomplished through the parties and existing power/hierarchy structures, it has to come at least partially fro the top down. There is a leap of faith involved in that too.

D

Death To Google

personally i think the main priority at the moment is to address the economy and provide the basic services to our citizens, which will contribute to improving the quality of life and goes hand in hand with fighting corruption. the internal political feuds in Lebanon are meaningless and the focus should be the citizen first and last.
    Disagree. Much like Pepsi and Coca Cola, those who drink them might not miss them if they had never drank them in the first place.
    Priority is not urgent increase standard of living. Priority is to build a good stable foundation upon which standard of living can be improved in the future.
    That is just my opinion anyway :)

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Agreed, but I voted for supporting the president because I honestly believe he's the only politician who's willing to do this.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Fighting corruption.

But honestly, this year I will treat the elections as a beauty pageant and vote for the hottest.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Agreed, but I voted for supporting the president because I honestly believe he's the only politician who's willing to do this.
    it is all related, and all are mandatory steps ta netla3 men hal joura, but it is important to stay focus on the objective and many people need to formulate that in a concrete statement to identify their objective and what they seek out of this election.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    No need to go into the law topic in detail again but suffice to say the current has to major structural problems, mainly:
    - The tafdili implementation which robs voters of agency and weakens more amateur parties.
    - Based on "minimum tadekhol" principle

A better law would be accomplished through the parties and existing power/hierarchy structures, it has to come at least partially fro the top down. There is a leap of faith involved in that too.
    don't you think that if your objective is a better electoral law then you should support the people who would improve the current law and empower them to do so by helping them get to the parliament? otherwise you will simply be wishing for change without taking any concrete steps to implement it.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Unfortunately I'm not voting this time, didn't register in time for expat voting and physically incapable of going to Lebanon lol! But had I been able to vote I would have picked fighting corruption and the economy, healthcare etc. Categories as leading options.

To put it in simpler terms and since I vote in zahle, my vote would have been against any list that had fattoush on it!

D

Death To Google

don't you think that if your objective is a better electoral law then you should support the people who would improve the current law and empower them to do so by helping them get to the parliament? otherwise you will simply be wishing for change without taking any concrete steps to implement it.
    If we are talking about elections as the center of the topic, yes my objective is a better electoral law (and ideally, a better political system and bureaucracy overall). The strategy with which to pursue this objective can differ depending on the conditions.

If we are talking elections 2018 with current law and alliances, imo the best strategy is not to vote. The less voter turnout the better, it shows the population is not pleased with the political process as it is, makes this process less legitimate... which in turn will apply pressure to produce a better one.

Am not a political activist and never was, my interest in politics is as a hobby and curiosity to understand the events and world around me.
    Of course if a difference can be made, that is good, but not what drives me :)

NAFAR

NAFAR

My vote is to support PMA as he is by far the only hope for any reform, and PMA is the only Christian leader that can prevent the muslims parties/leaders from putting their hand on the christian share in Taef.
    Any christian/ non-corrupt sane person should vote for PMA as long as he is president.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    It is important to vote against the Iranian wissaye bus and its weapons. Meaning voting against Tayyar Bassili, Hariri, and HABerriHA. Aside from that, take your pick.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    My vote is to support PMA as he is by far the only hope for any reform, and PMA is the only Christian leader that can prevent the muslims parties/leaders from putting their hand on the christian share in Taef.
    Any christian/ non-corrupt sane person should vote for PMA as long as he is president.
    Enno ya 7aram Hal massi7eyye :) ba3d 3endon Kam seni men halla2 ta PMA retires :) a few years ya 7aram.

PMA is not running for MP.

Tayyar Bassili neofeudal selfserving clan is not PMA.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Unfortunately I'm not voting this time, didn't register in time for expat voting and physically incapable of going to Lebanon lol! But had I been able to vote I would have picked fighting corruption and the economy, healthcare etc. Categories as leading options.

To put it in simpler terms and since I vote in zahle, my vote would have been against any list that had fattoush on it!
    Ma fhemna. Ya3neh enteh 3awniyyeh walla la2?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Ma fhemna. Ya3neh enteh 3awniyyeh walla la2?
    She is ze7leweyye. Not Aouneyye :)

Any discerning person with a modicum of logic, is most likely not a Bassili :) and if he/she is claiming to be then they are very skilled at compartmentalizing, because deep inside they are for sure conflicted :)