Parliamentary elections 2018 what is the most important factor in casting your vote?

what are the most important factor in casting your vote?

• march 8 / 14, HA's weapons etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • supporting the president

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • dealing with the syrian refugees crisis.

• economy and providing basic services, 24/7 electricity, clean water, health care,

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • fighting corruption

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • my allegiance is to my party.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • my allegiance is to my sect.

• i am not voting in this election (state the reason why)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If I had hope the size of a nucleus of a neutron that the future of this country can somehow be possibly better than its past, and a trillionth of that as faith in any of its popular parties to do the right thing by its peoples, I would vote on economic grounds. Alas there is no money to pay for any services a reasonable man might ask of his government. Therefore the question is purely academic.

The president of this country has just said the state is bankrupt and he meant financially and not just morally. My immediate concern should be how to get my liquid assets out of the country rather than wasting my time on such shameful act like voting in an election.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Never seen a voting booth from the inside, and probably never will. Even though I do enjoy watching others - like friends and family members- engaged in these folkloric things and find them to be happy occasions for the masses to celebrate a collective illusion of freedom and self determination.

I think I belong to the cult of semi-fatalists who believe that one is always on one's own up against life's ups, downs and its turns, no matter who's in charge of the landscape around. However, it feels good knowing not many think like me.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If I had hope the size of a nucleus of a neutron that the future of this country can somehow be possibly better than its past, and a trillionth of that as faith in any of its popular parties to do the right thing by its peoples, I would vote on economic grounds. Alas there is no money to pay for any services a reasonable man might ask of his government. Therefore the question is purely academic.

The president of this country has just said the state is bankrupt and he meant financially and not just morally. My immediate concern should be how to get my liquid assets out of the country rather than wasting my time on such shameful act like voting in an election.
    Nice knowing you're still around on this planet. :)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Unfortunately I'm not voting this time, didn't register in time for expat voting and physically incapable of going to Lebanon lol! But had I been able to vote I would have picked fighting corruption and the economy, healthcare etc. Categories as leading options.

To put it in simpler terms and since I vote in zahle, my vote would have been against any list that had fattoush on it!
    No need for such hate towards a traditional dish..

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Fighting corruption, workers rights, support for pubblic sector in quality and quantity ( education and health ), women rights , secularism , economic developpment and dreating jobs , stop immigration from lebanon ,investment in productive sectors , housing strategies and plans for low reddit people, green politics including recycling of wastes, regarding the political and geopolitical issues : rewriting the lebanese history based on truth without any political strumentalisation , re introduce the lebanon is partially arabic formula in respect to lebanee phoenician heritage, working on the refugees issue palestinians and syrian and their right to return to their respective countries , introduce of law that prohibit who commit crimes during the civil war to hold pubblic offices.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Shadowwwww!!! I gave you a heart before reading your post :p

I hope we see more of you. We missed you! :)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not voting in these elections because I don't want to jeopardize my ability to vote in Lebanon by signing up as an expat voter abroad.

If I was voting, my priorities would be:

1 - Protection of Christian presence and political power in Lebanon (à la FPM not à la LF). Without our presence and political power safeguarded, nothing else would matter since we would eventually not even be in Lebanon to enjoy any other improvements.

This point includes finding a solution to the Syrian and Palestinian refugee crisis, as well as an end to the hostilities with Israel and the need for HA weapons.

2 - Citizenship rights for women. Like in the above point, if my children are not guaranteed a life as Lebanese citizens, we wouldn't be able to enjoy any other improvments.

This point also includes removing the ability of fathers and / or their family to take children away from their mother. No matter how beautiful Lebanon has the potential to be, it could never make up for the trauma of losing your children.

3 - Social welfare and government services: free healthcare, free or affordable education, decent retirement funds, water and electricity.

4 - Environmental and cultural preservation and development.

Last edited:
    IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    No need for such hate towards a traditional dish..
    And you have now made me crave fattoush! I hope you're happy with yourself!

Seriously though, if you know a place that sells summac in Paris or pomegranate syrup send me the address lol

spacecreature

spacecreature

So, all these VERY opinionated people including @shadow1 @Isabella @Indie are not voting and @manifesto not taking it seriously, basically how can we expect any change if we only complain n complain and never actually do anything about it when we have the chance?

@Jade are we voting for Nahas then??!

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So, all these VERY opinionated people including @shadow1 @Isabella @Indie are not voting and @manifesto not taking it seriously, basically how can we expect any change if we only complain n complain and never actually do anything about it when we have the chance?

I would vote if it wouldn't hinder my ability to vote in Lebanon in the future...or, if the role and goals of expat MPs were made clear and included helping expats return to Lebanon.

spacecreature

spacecreature

I would vote if it wouldn't hinder my ability to vote in Lebanon in the future...or, if the role and goals of expat MPs were made clear and included helping expats return to Lebanon.
    So if you register now it means you can never vote EVER again in Lebanon? I thought it was just for these elections, you will most probably have to reregister every time coz Lebanese are known to keep moving around n they need to keep the list updated.
    You could have at least planned a visit to your home country walaw ;) ?????!!!

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter

Hey I was actually looking forward to voting! I missed the expat registration deadline by about a week and then I got pregnant and won't be able to travel to Lebanon by election time lol! So it's actually a pretty decent excuse lol

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member

If you vote in Metn, Nahas is the way to go!
    Did you get in touch with Watani for info?

spacecreature

spacecreature

If you vote in Metn, Nahas is the way to go!
    Did you get in touch with Watani for info?
    No , if I decide to vote for his list I will just look for his pic n give him the sawt tafdile and be done with it lol. Might convince one or 2 family members to do the same too. But still not sure as might go ahead with tayyar instead n maybe vote Kanaan, I still haven't made my mind up yet. Just saw Nahas in a talk show on ManarTV and remembered why I liked him lol. Though I'm not sure if he has a chance, or even if his idealistic approach is the right way to go, plus whose seat he would actually be taking in tayyar. What sect is he again?

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    No , if I decide to vote for his list I will just look for his pic n give him the sawt tafdile and be done with it lol. Might convince one or 2 family members to do the same too. But still not sure as might go ahead with tayyar instead n maybe vote Kanaan, I still haven't made my mind up yet. Just saw Nahas in a talk show on ManarTV and remembered why I liked him lol. Though I'm not sure if he has a chance, or even if his idealistic approach is the right way to go, plus whose seat he would actually be taking in tayyar. What sect is he again?
    The guy is definitely extremely smart.
    His experience and knowledge exceeds the whole government minister, combined!
    I have issues with him being a bit too left on the leftists spectrum, but he's got quite a few good ideas and would definitly raise the level of debates in this parliament.

Whether he has a chance or not is not the issue.
    It's whether you think he'll do a good/better job if he's elected.
    Watani needs every vote to either get someone to parliament or make enough noise to get heard and create a momentum.

Nahas is Catholic, he'll be "going against" Eddy Maalouf (Another politician's nephew or son was it?) and Michel Mecattaf (LF/Kataeb)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So if you register now it means you can never vote EVER again in Lebanon?
    I'm not sure. Nothing is clear so I'm not taking my chances.

Even if you could change your status from expat to local, in the future, getting anything official done in Lebanon is a hassle. And, not knowing what the expat MPs roles are supposed to be, and how they're supposed to benefit me, the hassle is not worth it.

You could have at least planned a visit to your home country walaw ;) ?????!!!
    If it was possible for me to travel, I wouldn't wait for elections. Working on a couple of things now, plus some health issues, and have to help family with stuff...too much going on at the moment :)

Tsunami27

Tsunami27

I would've wanted to vote against the duetto but the other options are Hariri/PSP and Maguy Aoun. I might not vote at all

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member

i am evaluating if it will worth in my caza to vote ... lets say the chances are getting higher.. but consider that i am going to buy a ticket to go and vote ( ill never accept any offer from anyone which condition my vote ) so i want to be sure that the money that im going to spent are for a right cause ..otherwise ill save them for a more worthy holiday somewhere ..
    without mentioning it , u can predict to whom my vote will be for ..just look to my avatar COMERADE :D