Parliamentary elections 2018 what is the most important factor in casting your vote?

what are the most important factor in casting your vote?

• march 8 / 14, HA's weapons etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • supporting the president

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • dealing with the syrian refugees crisis.

• economy and providing basic services, 24/7 electricity, clean water, health care,

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • fighting corruption

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • my allegiance is to my party.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • my allegiance is to my sect.

• i am not voting in this election (state the reason why)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Aoune32!

Aoune32!

This country is totally f''''. There is no fixing this country doesn't matter who comes to power. With a few secular people we might see some change in Parliament or some bills that come up but that is not fixing the issue.

The issue is bigger than this and we need local governments to take care of its own citizens in that particular district. We depend too much on the central government which has failed the people outside the mount lebanon and beirut governates.

Decentralisation is a must. I from the North should not pay services for a person from the Bekaa masalan if he/she doesnt want to pay taxes, work, etc. The people of this country are stupid and will keep on voting for their sectarian leaders doesnt matter who they are lal asaf ya3ne.

We have no sense of patriotism or responsibility for this country. If you want a certain job you need to be from a particular sect or know someone. That is ridiculous.

Vote for people based on principles not masla7a. We need decentralisation and a senate created.

• Advertisement
  • Nonan

Nonan

No , if I decide to vote for his list I will just look for his pic n give him the sawt tafdile and be done with it lol. Might convince one or 2 family members to do the same too. But still not sure as might go ahead with tayyar instead n maybe vote Kanaan, I still haven't made my mind up yet. Just saw Nahas in a talk show on ManarTV and remembered why I liked him lol. Though I'm not sure if he has a chance, or even if his idealistic approach is the right way to go, plus whose seat he would actually be taking in tayyar. What sect is he again?
    If you do end up voting for the Tayyar / Sarkis / aschksr list, vote for Ghassan moukhaiber...

spacecreature

spacecreature

i am evaluating if it will worth in my caza to vote ... lets say the chances are getting higher.. but consider that i am going to buy a ticket to go and vote ( ill never accept any offer from anyone which condition my vote ) so i want to be sure that the money that im going to spent are for a right cause ..otherwise ill save them for a more worthy holiday somewhere ..
    without mentioning it , u can predict to whom my vote will be for ..just look to my avatar COMERADE :D
    You will votefor a star? Ermmmm... Haifa Wehbe?
    PS: You live in Russia or you were just visiting there?

walidos

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    While many factors are important and need to be addressed, Economy is the single biggest threat to our country in the short to medium term. A 70 billion $ debt that is climbing means of we don’t act now, and seriously, we will go bankrupt very soon.

spacecreature

spacecreature

If you do end up voting for the Tayyar / Sarkis / aschksr list, vote for Ghassan moukhaiber...
    I don't like him. I know he is good n is always active, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. It's like he is trying too hard , and I don't go for such people. And like @manifesto I like my candidates not to look so nerdy hehe I am a sucker for charismatic personalities! Kannan is not that great either but my options are limited, don't like Bou Saab either. If I wanted an Awme soure I would have gone with Fadi Abboud but he is out of the race so..It's either Nahas or Kanaan.

Nonan

Nonan

I don't like him. I know he is good n is always active, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. It's like he is trying too hard , and I don't go for such people. And like @manifesto I like my candidates not to look so nerdy hehe I am a sucker for charismatic personalities! Kannan is not that great either but my options are limited, don't like Bou Saab either. If I wanted an Awme soure I would have gone with Fadi Abboud but he is out of the race so..It's either Nahas or Kanaan.
    Then how about Sarkis Sarkis?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    I don't like him. I know he is good n is always active, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. It's like he is trying too hard , and I don't go for such people. And like @manifesto I like my candidates not to look so nerdy hehe I am a sucker for charismatic personalities!
    Both of you are whats wrong with democracy

spacecreature

spacecreature

Then how about Sarkis Sarkis?
    People keep making fun of him but what is his fault exactly, enno he has money and helps people? As if the others are that much better! It's just like when Roula says Haifa has no voice lol.
    Anyway, I don't know much about him, so won't judge as of yet.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    While many factors are important and need to be addressed, Economy is the single biggest threat to our country in the short to medium term. A 70 billion $ debt that is climbing means of we don’t act now, and seriously, we will go bankrupt very soon.
    Good point...I forgot this, but it would go on my list, right before social services. And this point should include fighting corruption, in general.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

And like @manifesto I like my candidates not to look so nerdy hehe I am a sucker for charismatic personalities! Kannan is not that great either but my options are limited, don't like Bou Saab either. If I wanted an Awme soure I would have gone with Fadi Abboud but he is out of the race so..It's either Nahas or Kanaan.
    Handsomest candidate identified.
    Except he's on LF's list :/

Antoun Sehnaoui

antoun-sehnaoui.jpg

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Look at their history for clues.
    With few exceptions, this could apply to every other political party in Lebanon. This is Lebanon we're talking about. LF are also the exception in being punished for sins of the war, with its leader imprisoned, the party dissolved, leaders exiled, imprisoned, or politically harassed and isolated, student activists murdered or imprisoned and tortured. (No denial of Aounist activists who suffered the same fate).

Past performance is not indicative of future results. But when you do look at the past, the more recent accounts are the most accurate, especially when coupled with contemporary behavior of the party. I think LF, while largely powerless these past 13 years, have been the most consistent and principled parties in Lebanon.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

With few exceptions, this could apply to every other political party in Lebanon. This is Lebanon we're talking about. LF are also the exception in being punished for sins of the war, with its leader imprisoned, the party dissolved, leaders exiled, imprisoned, or politically harassed and isolated, student activists murdered or imprisoned and tortured. (No denial of Aounist activists who suffered the same fate).

Past performance is not indicative of future results. But when you do look at the past, the more recent accounts are the most accurate, especially when coupled with contemporary behavior of the party. I think LF, while largely powerless these past 13 years, have been the most consistent and principled parties in Lebanon.
    While I agree that they're consistent, and identify with many of their ideas (current ideas), I think their history is too bloody violent to be forgiven or forgotten.

Also, they're too conservative and sectarian for my taste. I've never heard them call for a "secular" state.

spacecreature

spacecreature

So who you gonna vote after all?
    Wait i wanted to show you a pretty candidate called cindrella but couldn't find her lol
    Not sure yet. I might vote Nahas just to please @The Jade lol
    So far it's tayyar watani though, and maybe with Kanaan as tafdili, unless I am asked to strategically give it to someone else (as long as its not Bou Saab coz ever since the OTV incident I can't stand him)

What about u???????