Parliamentary elections 2018 what is the most important factor in casting your vote?

what are the most important factor in casting your vote?

• march 8 / 14, HA's weapons etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • supporting the president

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • dealing with the syrian refugees crisis.

• economy and providing basic services, 24/7 electricity, clean water, health care,

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • fighting corruption

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • my allegiance is to my party.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • my allegiance is to my sect.

• i am not voting in this election (state the reason why)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
I think most of the people are missing the point behind these elections and this law.

The truth is that most parties are known now and the work of all parties is known, now we have elections and each party be it FPM, LF or FM are allying with whoever to secure the highest number of seats in the parliament.
Actually this says a few important things.
Either the FPM doesn't care about who gets to parliament apart from them, or it backed a fundamentally flawed law.

In 2005 and 2009, the campaigns and positions had substance and they showed a clearly different approach on how to run the country.

Now it's empty slogans and a masquarade, with everyone only interested in winning, even if their sworn enemy is on the same list and has a chance to win too.
When they get elected, who will stand with who?
Who will support what?

Saying that everyone knows what each party is and what they stand for is also fundamentally wrong.
The FPM is clearly repositioning itself since its alliance with LF and FM.
At first it was clearly in the Hezb camp, now it's in between.
So if they changed their position on this, what else did they change?

FPM has been working from 2010 now on projects that everyone knows, from electricity, water, internet connection, Syrian issue, Corruption, National unity etc... Most of those projects did not see the light of day yet and no it is very childish and naive to say that kellon metel ba3ed and 3am yeser2ouna w 3am yetda77ako 3alayna.
Yeah, true.
Some are worse than others, some are more incompetent than others and some are more corrupt than others.
But the FPM blurred the lines by allying (I'm talking here about full fledged support and not finding common ground) with some of the worst parties in people this country has ever seen (parliamentary, municipal and union elections).
So, when FM's people are blatantly getting a preferential treatment in Beirut and the FPM is not even not opposing, but endoring fraudulent contracts, why should we believe that the FPM is not that bad?
They're acting like the others!!!!
So, lets ask these simple questions:

1. For example, did any party besides FPM present a solution/project for the electricity/water issue? I see a lot of objections from the different parties, LF approves the project then change their minds later, FM opposes the project then backs it up later etc.. However the project is still the same and FPM position is still the same.
Lets say Li Baladi and co proposes another project, can they get the approval of the rest of the parties/forces? Knowing that the approval is not given based on what the project is but based on the political affiliations/moods of the country?
What Li Baladi would do is put the right checks and balances in place and they won't accept half assed solutions.

If they don't, they'll lose their support.

No one is saying that parties can't work together.
We're only saying that when they bend over to the other, they at least need to use protection....for them and the people they claim they represent.
[QUOTE ]
2. Li Baladi and all these movements are nice, I can see they are very appealing. Lets say they make it, what will they actually do? They will have to follow the same path of FPM for the next 4-10 years, build their way up the parliament, government and different institutions. Can they do that without working with the rest of the parties/forces inside Lebanon? Can they do that without working with FM/HA/PSP etc.. ?
[/QUOTE]
Again, no one says you won't work with others.
We're saying that when you do, you better count your fingers after you shake the FM's hands.
We're saying don't go for anything that will make you win more seats.
We're saying there's a limit to how low you can bend and many times parties have a go at you.
At the end of the day, it's us the people who are losing the most from this lack of interest in our situation.
The truth is that FPM built its way up in the country and in its political institutions and now we are where we are, we have a president and a chance to get the most number of MPs we can get. FPM is fighting rumours on a daily basis, starting with private jets to stealing the TVA to imaginary properties all over Lebanon to getting fundings from Iran/Syria and the list is long.
Yes it did build its way up, which is quite impressive.
But building your way up with good strong concrete is much more different than doing it with sand bags.

In many many many cases the FPM appointed the wrong person for the wrong job.
And this you can't blame it on FM, AMAL, etc.
The FPM, while having a few good ministers and appointments here and there, has shown a horrid recruitment record.
At the end of the day, I don't care if the head of the order of dentists is an FPMer, I care if he does a good job and doesn't cover thieves and corrupted individuals.
For the people electing Li Baladi and co, i understand your frustration but what will happen after the elections? Most probably you will need to make your way up just like FPM did and drown in the dirty Lebanon politics. Without doing that you will reach nowhere.
That's one of the main points where we differ.
Yes, Watani will have to make their way up, but they don't have to close their eyes on stealing, or allow a garbage crisis to go on for more than 2 years just so their allies don't get angry.

The belief is that the FPM and others have set the bar so low that it's getting hard to discern between them and the ones we've been used to see steal, lie and cheat.

You don't need to get so dirty to make it in this country.
If you do, then don't lie to us (mech enta personally) and tell us you want to clean up the country while being involved in dirty deals here and there.
The difference between FPM and the LiBaladi movement is that FPM is now 10 years ahead of them, FPM started like them and now is in the political scene.
FPM did start like them and ended up like FM and soon AMAL if they follow this trend.

The difference between FPM and Watani is that the latter wants to bring in a different way of doing things.
The others have tried, some for 12 years, others for 40 with the same recipe that you're proposing.
And what's the result?
Debt inflated to 90 billion, still paying 2 electricity bills, garbage crisis, environmental disaster, corruption growing (you saw the transparency international report), MPs who don't go to work, corruption cases more and more in the open, etc etc.

We've tried the others for a long time and they failed miserably.
Time for others to get their chance. Unless you want to continue living amongst garbage.

• Advertisement
  • The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not voting in this election because of secterian electoral law/political system.
    I vote in Beirut.

Funny story, yesterday I received a call from Nouhad Al Machnouk electoral machine. It was like this:

She: Hey Mr. Nasser *****.
    Me: Hey
    She: I'm ****** from Minister Nouhad Al Machnouk electoral Machine.
    Me: Ahlan
    She: You're going to vote for Saad Al Hariri list in Beirut, right? (I like the confidence here lol)
    Me: No
    *Awkward moments of silence*
    She: Ummm, okay thank you for your time.

I wonder how they got my number. Also how the f*** is an interior minister running an electoral campaign? Shouldn't he be forbidden from interfering or playing any role in an election?

spacecreature

spacecreature

I'm not voting in this election because of secterian electoral law/political system.
    I vote in Beirut.

Funny story, yesterday I received a call from Nouhad Al Machnouk electoral machine. It was like this:

She: You're going to vote for Saad Al Hariri list in Beirut, right? (I like the confidence here lol)

I wonder how they got my number. Also how the f*** is an interior minister running an electoral campaign? Shouldn't he be forbidden from interfering or playing any role in an election?
    You were never in FM ???? Maybe it's just a statistics company or someone is curious who you will vote for, if they tell you they are from X Y or Z it doesn't really prove they are does it?. If you want to know who your neighbor is voting for just call them from a random number and tell them some random BS that their opinion counts and ask who they will vote for. It's intersting how much we trust others :)

The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    You were never in FM ???? Maybe it's just a statistics company or someone is curious who you will vote for, if they tell you they are from X Y or Z it doesn't really prove they are does it?. If you want to know who your neighbor is voting for just call them from a random number and tell them some random BS that their opinion counts and ask who they will vote for. It's intersting how much we trust others :)
    Nope was never in FM, or any other political party.
    What you said could be true, could be anyone. But several people in the family received similar calls asking if they're gonna vote for FM's list. So I doubt its just some other group just gathering statistics, since why would they hide that they're a statistics agency?
    Also FM always does this, they spam calls to everyone in elections. Always receive calls from them too for the engineering syndicate elections. (Maybe thats where they got my number from lol?)

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    I vote in Beirut.

Punish them and go vot for any opposite list in beirut 2. There are 8 lists to choose from other than hariri list.

R

Randomiser

I think most of the people are missing the point behind these elections and this law.

The truth is that most parties are known now and the work of all parties is known, now we have elections and each party be it FPM, LF or FM are allying with whoever to secure the highest number of seats in the parliament.

FPM has been working from 2010 now on projects that everyone knows, from electricity, water, internet connection, Syrian issue, Corruption, National unity etc... Most of those projects did not see the light of day yet and no it is very childish and naive to say that kellon metel ba3ed and 3am yeser2ouna w 3am yetda77ako 3alayna.

1. For example, did any party besides FPM present a solution/project for the electricity/water issue? I see a lot of objections from the different parties, LF approves the project then change their minds later, FM opposes the project then backs it up later etc.. However the project is still the same and FPM position is still the same.
    Lets say Li Baladi and co proposes another project, can they get the approval of the rest of the parties/forces? Knowing that the approval is not given based on what the project is but based on the political affiliations/moods of the country?

2. Li Baladi and all these movements are nice, I can see they are very appealing. Lets say they make it, what will they actually do? They will have to follow the same path of FPM for the next 4-10 years, build their way up the parliament, government and different institutions. Can they do that without working with the rest of the parties/forces inside Lebanon? Can they do that without working with FM/HA/PSP etc.. ?

The truth is that FPM built its way up in the country and in its political institutions and now we are where we are, we have a president and a chance to get the most number of MPs we can get. FPM is fighting rumours on a daily basis, starting with private jets to stealing the TVA to imaginary properties all over Lebanon to getting fundings from Iran/Syria and the list is long.

For the people electing Li Baladi and co, i understand your frustration but what will happen after the elections? Most probably you will need to make your way up just like FPM did and drown in the dirty Lebanon politics. Without doing that you will reach nowhere.

The difference between FPM and the LiBaladi movement is that FPM is now 10 years ahead of them, FPM started like them and now is in the political scene.
    يلي بجرب لمجرب بكون عقلوا مخرب

The FPM was already tested and failed us miserably, they are/were allied with most corrupt parties, they are involved in corruption scandals. They turned 180 degrees once they got power into sectarian party, and lets not forget the party dictatorship of Bassil.

It is far more honourable to stay as opposition party resisting a corrupt regime than being involved in corruption.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Nope was never in FM, or any other political party.
    What you said could be true, could be anyone. But several people in the family received similar calls asking if they're gonna vote for FM's list. So I doubt its just some other group just gathering statistics, since why would they hide that they're a statistics agency?
    Also FM always does this, they spam calls to everyone in elections. Always receive calls from them too for the engineering syndicate elections. (Maybe thats where they got my number from lol?)
    Everyone has access to لوائح الشطب
    Your full name and religion are stated there.

They probably saw you're a Sunni (I'm taking a guess) living in Beirut, and automatically assumed you must be FM supporter.
    Lebanese naive thinking at its best.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    You would be wasting your time.. and casting your vote mean you accept hal zimra el kharah kela sawa...
    They are allies if you don't see this then you are all in deep sleep!
    You are only voting for sulta hungry dirty politicians !!!

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    I vote in Beirut.

You should never give these zo3ran your information so easily!
    You should have told him it is not your business and click!!!

How do they even get your number? to begin with!

Anyway you are making a good choice not voting my friend! :)

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member

The problem with you that you still look at FPM/Aoun the same as they were before 2005!

Aoun/FPM are part of the sulta today and part of the corruption problem!
    Aounist seems to care more about sulta than fighting corruption!
    They claim wanting more sulta to fight the corruption but seriously what more sulta can you ask for to fight corruption?

There seems to always be some excuses for the Aounist!
    FPM today is worth millions of dollars.. they are making lots of money everyday.. and there is no doubt that they are corrupted looking at who they sleep with on the same bed!

The thing is if Aoun/FPM were truly fighting corruption in the country then Aoun would never become president!
    Taking that position means you must swallow it and simply accept it which is clearly the case today!

Wake up!

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    يلي بجرب لمجرب بكون عقلوا مخرب

The FPM was already tested and failed us miserably, they are/were allied with most corrupt parties, they are involved in corruption scandals. They turned 180 degrees once they got power into sectarian party, and lets not forget the party dictatorship of Bassil.

It is far more honourable to stay as opposition party resisting a corrupt regime than being involved in corruption.
    How do you want us to believe your concerns of fighting corruption when you falsely accused FPM of corruption?

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    You would be wasting your time.. and casting your vote mean you accept hal zimra el kharah kela sawa...
    They are allies if you don't see this then you are all in deep sleep!
    You are only voting for sulta hungry dirty politicians !!!
    A politician by nature of the job is power seeker in order to make difference.

Some use the power for corruption, some use it to make a change and reform.

God gave people a mental capacity to differentiate and assess things around us. Kellon ya3neh mesh kellon whether you are saying it innocently or not

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    A politician by nature of the job is power seeker in order to make difference.

Some use the power for corruption, some use it to make a change and reform.

God gave people a mental capacity to differentiate and assess things around us. Kellon ya3neh mesh kellon whether you are saying it innocently or not

Well just look who FPM is allied with all over the country today!
    They didn't leave anyone out from their alliances! Even the Muslim Brotherhood who you despise and called them terrorists are your allies and what is the excuse for it? The same electoral law you pride yourself over by claiming it force you to have these kind of alliances!

You have the son in law and leader of the party claiming to fight so called feudalism (referring to Franjiyeh & Harb) while he had Moawad behind him with the biggest smile and he is one among many on the list who is feudal :lol:

You can convince yourself all you want but you are still allied with those who you accuse for corruption let it be FM or Amal and others!

Yes like the rest of the dirty politicians FPM are only power seekers.. the problem is when you are only seeking power and nothing else!
    And these kind of alliances tells us that FPM is just another power hungry political party who is willing to give blind eye to corruption to gain more powers!

Claiming that FPM is fighting corruption is a total joke! Even FM/Haririst claim they do but does it make it true?

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Well just look who FPM is allied with all over the country today!
    They didn't leave anyone out from their alliances! Even the Muslim Brotherhood who you despise and called them terrorists are your allies and what is the excuse for it? The same electoral law you pride yourself over by claiming it force you to have these kind of alliances!

You have the son in law and leader of the party claiming to fight so called feudalism (referring to Franjiyeh & Harb) while he had Moawad behind him with the biggest smile and he is one among many on the list who is feudal :lol:

You can convince yourself all you want but you are still allied with those who you accuse for corruption let it be FM or Amal and others!

Yes like the rest of the dirty politicians FPM are only power seekers.. the problem is when you are only seeking power and nothing else!
    And these kind of alliances tells us that FPM is just another power hungry political party who is willing to give blind eye to corruption to gain more powers!

Claiming that FPM is fighting corruption is a total joke! Even FM/Haririst claim they do but does it make it true?
    Is FPM seeking to improve their representation? yes. The problem resides with the Lebanese people, where they still prefer az3ar over 2edameh just it happened that this 2edameh is from different religious background. From 2005 to 2009, ya taklif shar3i ya zay ma hiyeh. In spite of this bitter reality, a reality in a change and reform with the ongoing sectarianism over building a modern state, FPM adjusted to accommodate and respect the Constitution and each sects rightful place in the governance.
    Do I like it? no; do I understand that a cabinet can't be formed without Amal and Jumblat for instant of sectarian distribution? Yes. Would a clean party and people who are trying to make difference stay outside the Cabinet as victims of Berri reality? I don't think so. Aslan hayda lmatloub, because FPM is bothering them too much in the Cabinet.
    In a week or so, the President will propose a firm request on electricity solution. This is an ongoing fight for FPM on behave of the Lebanese people inside the Cabinet as FPM is trying to provide the Lebanese people with 24/24 electricity with cheaper bills.
    This is just one example of countless examples of FPM fights for Lebanese inside the cabinet. It is a situatiom where you may have to sit with a sinner, but it doesn't mean you became one.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Is FPM seeking to improve their representation? yes. The problem resides with the Lebanese people, where they still prefer az3ar over 2edameh just it happened that this 2edameh is from different religious background. From 2005 to 2009, ya taklif shar3i ya zay ma hiyeh. In spite of this bitter reality, a reality in a change and reform with the ongoing sectarianism over building a modern state, FPM adjusted to accommodate and respect the Constitution and each sects rightful place in the governance.
    Do I like it? no; do I understand that a cabinet can't be formed without Amal and Jumblat for instant of sectarian distribution? Yes. Would a clean party and people who are trying to make difference stay outside the Cabinet as victims of Berri reality? I don't think so. Aslan hayda lmatloub, because FPM is bothering them too much in the Cabinet.
    In a week or so, the President will propose a firm request on electricity solution. This is an ongoing fight for FPM on behave of the Lebanese people inside the Cabinet as FPM is trying to provide the Lebanese people with 24/24 electricity with cheaper bills.
    This is just one example of countless examples of FPM fights for Lebanese inside the cabinet. It is a situatiom where you may have to sit with a sinner, but it doesn't mean you became one.

The problem that they all see themsleves as awadim and the rest as zo3ran!
    FPM for more than 10 years has been part of the sulta yet you expect people not to include you with those you share power with!

Why do you expect people to exclude FPM from all of this? Because you believe FPM is clean?
    Many do not believe FPM to be clean! The way they behave and contradict themselves all the times says they are not so clean my friend!

I honestly still do not understand what the hell is the problem with the electricity!
    And who is even fighting you as FPM to bring us 24/24 electricity? What is the real issue here?
    Is it Amal who do not want 24/24 electricity or FM or there are just greedy men from all major parties who are benefiting big time from the electricity issue!

The electricity issue makes no sense for me because I see people paying two electricity bills.. meaning money are being thrown away to the generator mafias instead of using this same money to get us 24/24 electricity!

If you are for 24/24h electricity then you must fight the generator mafias and so far I have not seen anyone in the country fighting against the generator mafias or even mention them!

Maybe the reason is that the generator mafias are to be found with all the big political parties including FPM!

And many before you promised the Lebanese with 24/24 electricity and yet they all failed to do so!
    Even though now the technologies are much better and even cheaper than it used to be but still everyone seems to have hard time with this until this day!

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    The problem that they all see themsleves as awadim and the rest as zo3ran!
    FPM for more than 10 years has been part of the sulta yet you expect people not to include you with those you share power with!

Why do you expect people to exclude FPM from all of this? Because you believe FPM is clean?
    Many do not believe FPM to be clean! The way they behave and contradict themselves all the times says they are not so clean my friend!

I honestly still do not understand what the hell is the problem with the electricity!
    And who is even fighting you as FPM to bring us 24/24 electricity? What is the real issue here?
    Is it Amal who do not want 24/24 electricity or FM or there are just greedy men from all major parties who are benefiting big time from the electricity issue!

The electricity issue makes no sense for me because I see people paying two electricity bills.. meaning money are being thrown away to the generator mafias instead of using this same money to get us 24/24 electricity!

If you are for 24/24h electricity then you must fight the generator mafias and so far I have not seen anyone in the country fighting against the generator mafias or even mention them!

Maybe the reason is that the generator mafias are to be found with all the big political parties including FPM!

And many before you promised the Lebanese with 24/24 electricity and yet they all failed to do so!
    Even though now the technologies are much better and even cheaper than it used to be but still everyone seems to have hard time with this until this day!
    The generator mafia is backed by the fuel mafia.
    Just like the private cars mafia is backed by the fuel mafia.
    If generators stop working, fuel mafias will lose a big part of their revenues.
    If cars are replaced by buses and traines, fuel mafias will lose another big part of their revenues.

The FPM is allied with Nicolas Chammas, one of the owners of Medco; i.e one of the fuel mafia members.
    Rou7 fham how they will fight him when he's in the same block

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    The generator mafia is backed by the fuel mafia.
    Just like the private cars mafia is backed by the fuel mafia.
    If generators stop working, fuel mafias will lose a big part of their revenues.
    If cars are replaced by buses and traines, fuel mafias will lose another big part of their revenues.

The FPM is allied with Nicolas Chammas, one of the owners of Medco; i.e one of the fuel mafia members.
    Rou7 fham how they will fight him when he's in the same block
    walla bkha3ouwoun lal fpm w jibo l bawekhir. byou2al cheghl l moteuret w byekoul chammas l dareb.