• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What is the most reliable news source we have in Lebanon?

What is the most reliable news source we have in Lebanon?

• Total voters
Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
@Jo Is it possible to see the results without voting? Many i assume (like me) would not have a clear opinion and it avoids random voting for curiosity's sake

Reactions: Jo
  • Advertisement
  • Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    I would've probably voted LBC if it weren't for their nonsense regarding (selectively) not broadcasting politicians' speeches. The New York Times have a great motto: "democracy dies in the darkness." News networks have a responsibility to bring us the news accurately and as objectively as possible. It is not their job to take political stances.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So, from this poll, we can gather that those with no votes are the most reliable.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    I would've probably voted LBC if it weren't for their nonsense regarding (selectively) not broadcasting politicians' speeches. The New York Times have a great motto: "democracy dies in the darkness." News networks have a responsibility to bring us the news accurately and as objectively as possible. It is not their job to take political stances.
    This would actually be really smart and a sign of some commitment to journalism if it was applied uniformly. Though, they also said they wouldn't broadcast press conferences and that's total nonsense.

It's the Washington Post, just for the record so we don't have fake news in a thread about fake news :p

Elvis left the building

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
    you forgot to add 'the guys down in the street in every neighborhood'

i get all my scoops and insights from them

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    This would actually be really smart and a sign of some commitment to journalism if it was applied uniformly. Though, they also said they wouldn't broadcast press conferences and that's total nonsense.

It's the Washington Post, just for the record so we don't have fake news in a thread about fake news :p
    Knew I should've double-checked that. My bad. 😅

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Tu Oroom.org, after ignoring some members who peddle whatsapp rumours over and over...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Reliable news is hard to get from anywhere because all the news outlets are more or less biased and contain more propaganda than actual factual news!

Also in the age of mass information or sorry in the age of mass misinformation there is hardly room for the truth!
    This is the way it just is! This is a downside of the internet technology but a necessary one!

Unfortunately the internet is becoming less and less free now..

SAVO

SAVO

i put al jadeed because originally it was funded by the LCP and lately i followed lebanon revolution on it ..
    thats doesn't man its reliable ..but among those present in lebanon ,i feel its relatively better ..

regarding international news outlet :D

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    @HusseinBazzi0

كيف بتعرف إنو "ثوار mtv" بحبوا خنّاقهم؟ لما رئيس مجلس النواب يرفع دعوى عوسيلة إعلامية وإعلاميين وما يسترجو يعملو منها قضية رأي عام وهاشتاغات قمع وحرية رأي، لك تاري بتحبوا القتلة

عم بتخايل للحظة باسيل أو الحاج وفيق جايببن واحد بدعوى قدح وذم عالمعلوماتية شو كان صار

جبناء سفلة