What language would you like to learn?

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
Speaking already French and Spanish, I would also like to learn Portuguese and Italian. I actually understand it already quite well, and can speak it as a beginner. But I lack the time to speak it.

Also, regarding Portuguese, I would prefer learning Portuguese from Portugal, not Brazil, and it's very rare to find a good app!

• Advertisement
  • IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    Speaking already French and Spanish, I would also like to learn Portuguese and Italian. I actually understand it already quite well, and can speak it as a beginner. But I lack the time to speak it.

Also, regarding Portuguese, I would prefer learning Portuguese from Portugal, not Brazil, and it's very rare to find a good app!
    That's quite good!

As for the apps while it's true they can teach you a couple of things, you still need a few courses to even qualify as a beginner :p! I have a deal with my spanish friend, I teach her arabic and she teaches me spanish! And I'm taking it really seriously lol! I have a notebook and everything!

Reactions: DLT
    shreek

shreek

i would also like to learn Karshouné i hear many people speaking that language but i don't understand it
    not sure if that's a joke or not :) it's not an actual language per se....

karshoune is syriac written in Arabic.
    So therefore masalan:

ابون دبشمايو
    aboun dboshmayo (Our Father (who art in Heaven))

shreek

shreek

Syriac.....
    if you know Classical Arabic, then Syriac can be easy to learn. But it is a difficult language.
    Not that per se it is difficult to learn, but that there are not many speakers of the language for you to converse with.
    plenty of literature and books on the subject, primarily though in Christian Theology.

I was lucky in that I had an Assyrian friend i spoke to which improved my Syriac.
    There are two dialects though of Syriac remember, east syriac and west syriac.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I was joking :)
    I know dalzi my dear. I want to learn sign language 1) to be able to communicate with those who are unfortunate with their speech abilities and 2) to make sure those interpreters for the hearing impaired on tv are not just making fun of us. :)

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    pero usted no necesita un iPhone: P En cuanto a babbel Creo que ya pagué lol
    il ragazzo mangia una mela :clever:

why do all language lessons start with أكل الولد تفاحة

kalel

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
    Chinese, German and Russian.. work languages

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    Chinese, German and Russian.. work languages
    I want to learn Russian and German later on as well! Not Chinese though I tried learning once, gave up after two courses because I found it quite complicated!

LebArmenian

LebArmenian

i want to master the Russian language, i already manage to hold small conversations but would love to learn it to perfection. any good school in Lebanon ? or any professional softwares (or applications ) that any of you know of ?

kalel

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
    I want to learn Russian and German later on as well! Not Chinese though I tried learning once, gave up after two courses because I found it quite complicated!
    Try Japanese first its easier.. mich easier..

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    Try Japanese first its easier.. mich easier..
    Hmm yeah maybe! However chinese is the language of the future! I'm pretty sure they're going to try and take over the world in 20 or 30 years lol!

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

أحبُّ أن أتعلّمَ اللغة التي يخاطبُ اللهُ بها نفسَه

DLT

DLT

Orange Room Supporter
    pero usted no necesita un iPhone: P En cuanto a babbel Creo que ya pagué lol
    Tengo Samsung y el App es disponible.
    Ahora el problema es que debo pagar ==. Creo que voy a pagar para aprender aleman no espanol. :D Ya sé espanol.

DLT

DLT

Orange Room Supporter

Italian should be easy because it's like a mix of French and Spanish and the vocabulary is closer to french.
    Portuguese on the other hand, I hear it's hard, it's like the complex version of Spanish lol

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    Currently learning Romanian , it is not easy but not hard since it is Latin based.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Finnish -- I've been told it's the hardest language after Mandarin/Cantonese.

But I'm not making any effort to learn it. No time :-x.

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    one way to learn.. live there
    I'm already pretty much there lol! I live in a mostly Chinese neighborhood in Paris, everyone speaks mandarin except good old me!