What language would you like to learn?

420weblazeit

420weblazeit

Nice, i've always wanted to learn Russian but first I need to get used to the alphabets before I even start learning words...:rolleyes:
I wish I could speak Arabic haha :Arze1:

Reactions: DLT
  • Advertisement
  • DLT

DLT

Orange Room Supporter
    so which germanic language is the most interesting to study?

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Finnish -- I've been told it's the hardest language after Mandarin/Cantonese.

But I'm not making any effort to learn it. No time :-x.
    You were lied to, akh yaqar. While Finnish is definitely harder than Mandarin or Cantonese (both relatively simple languages), it isn't by any means one of the hardest out there. If you want a language that is very hard to learn, I'd suggest one of the non-Turkic and non-IE languages of the Caucasus. Georgian is probably the easiest (though "easy" shouldn't be used in this context), so forget the Kartvelian languages.

If you like unpronounceable languages, try learning Ubykh or Abkhazian. If you prefer very complex grammar with similar klingon-type phonology, I'd suggest learning Tsez or Tabasaran. If you want a good balance between all of this, try learning Chechen or Ingush.

These languages are the very definition of what "foreign" is, beyond a few Russian, Persian, Turkish and Arabic loanwords here and there, they are totally alien to most people. I could also suggest a few Native American languages that are like that, most of these are Na-Dené.

so which germanic language is the most interesting to study?
    If you're into ancient languages, Old English. If you're into living ones, Icelandic.

Moisha37

Moisha37

i speak english russian and ukraniane free / but arabic its hard
    How to start !!
    i can talk but its hard to write and read

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    i speak english russian and ukraniane free / but arabic its hard
    How to start !!
    i can talk but its hard to write and read
    What kind of Arabic did you learn? And why would you like to learn Arabic is there any specific reason? :)

And no Arabic is not hard it just look and sound hard but it is not!

Moisha37

Moisha37

now im leaving her and thinking to go to the job here
    i can talk to people here ask them and answer
    but official lebanon that in books is different and it seems hard

B

Beth_Ansho

Syriac.....
    i would also like to learn Karshouné i hear many people speaking that language but i don't understand it
    Both are not difficult to begin learning. Once you have the alphabet down, you'll pretty much be able to work your way to learning the words and grammar style, which is pretty repetitive (i.e., lacks irregulars).

Garshuni is especially interesting because it quite literally gives you an inside look into the minds of the people using it to protect themselves from Ottoman rule and creeping Arabization. The word Garshuni itself can be interpreted to mean "foreign/er", as Arabic was perceived by Maronites as being foreign.