• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

What to do during Bombing season?

mephisto794

I got this email today, and it kept me laughing (and thinking as well) for a while. I felt that i just had to share it on the lounge (in case someone didn't get the mail yet):

What to during the bombing season in Lebanon

1st- Go normally to work/uni in the morning but before going into the car, buy a mirror min 2a2rab dikken and glue it to a stick to check if there's any mi7sheye under ur car...

2nd- Enjoy work/ uni during the morning, go to the beach or to lunch ANYWHERE U WANT...

3rd- On ur way back home (try not to be home after 9pm), pick up an application of immigration to Canada or any balad bil 3alam...

4th- Rent a nice DVD (or a whole season iza il wade3 m2azzam) and make sure to bring an internet card, wara2 shadde, cigarettes, snack, alcohol, coffee, coffee-mate, coke, marshmallows, some papers and a pen (in case u needed to write a will!)...

5th- When u're home check for any weird, unusual or suspicious cars bil 7ay, if there's any, la77i2 7alak w frika (don't be an idiot calling the police because chances are the potential bomb will go off and u'll grill before they arrive)...

6th- If there's no unusual cars, park ur car the farest possible from the road...

7th- Keep the car's windows mash2ou2een to avoid breaking the glass by any possible bombing...

8th- Tla3 3al bet ya rayiss w check ur facebook account w invite ur friends over for a dvd. Make sure that they take self-responsibility if any bomb goes off on the road...

9th- Nzal 3al malja2 w shouf iza baddo more tijheez or if it needs cleaning...

10th- Nazzil a7la sofa, ur tv, ur dvd player, ur pc and the internet cable...

11th- Always have a helmet on ur head..if anyone asks, tell them "walaw?? it's the newest trend"...

12th- Never ever answer ur phone with the retro stupid "allo"...it's bombings-season people...instead of "allo" use "wein??"

13th- Enjoy the evening...

Repeat procedure daily until the visa arrives...

Faithful

Legendary Member
hahahahah this is very funny :thumbup: :biggrin:

Did you ever wonder why lebanese people at time of bombing go outside their home to see wein wa2a3it al 2azifeh?? w wein toli3 al infijar ? if it is near their house ? Many many people i know - including me - take cameras wil nadour akid w 3ala al sati7 3a sari3 to check the location of the bomb.We don't think that maybe there is a nother 2azifeh or another infijar, we just go.

Well i dont know why we do this, but i feel inno tamasa7na 3al 7arib and we don't care anymore w 3al akid we are crazy and we lost our minds because this is really dangerous. In july war where Israeli planes were over our heads, we were watching Dahieh live from our home and it wasn't so far. We were not sure if israeli soldiers yzitto 3layna chi saroukh bil ghalat because they could see us very clearly. Even at 1989 in time of war we did the same ma3 inno al 2azeyif kenit faw2 rassna.

Well i am pretty sure that lebanese people have very strong hearts and are crazy at the same time. :oops: Am i :eek:fftopic: ???

mephisto794

hahahahah this is very funny :thumbup: :biggrin:

Did you ever wonder why lebanese people at time of bombing go outside their home to see wein wa2a3it al 2azifeh?? w wein toli3 al infijar ? if it is near their house ? Many many people i know - including me - take cameras wil nadour akid w 3ala al sati7 3a sari3 to check the location of the bomb.We don't think that maybe there is a nother 2azifeh or another infijar, we just go.

Well i dont know why we do this, but i feel inno tamasa7na 3al 7arib and we don't care anymore w 3al akid we are crazy and we lost our minds because this is really dangerous. In july war where Israeli planes were over our heads, we were watching Dahieh live from our home and it wasn't so far. We were not sure if israeli soldiers yzitto 3layna chi saroukh bil ghalat because they could see us very clearly. Even at 1989 in time of war we did the same ma3 inno al 2azeyif kenit faw2 rassna.

Well i am pretty sure that lebanese people have very strong hearts and are crazy at the same time. :oops: Am i :eek:fftopic: ???

That's not being crazy at all:
lightening never strikes twice at the same place.

So after any explosion, the safest place to be at is the the place of the explosion :thumbup:

caramel

loooooooooool aslan it is soooo true!!!!! During the July war, I watched an entire season of Lost, 2 seasons of desperate housewives, 1 season of gost whisperer and 12 seasons of friends!
I gained 12 kilos coz of the coke, halawa, chips and late-night snacks.
I mastered 400, tarnib, 7.5 and learned poker.
Kept my windows slightly open...
and set the shelter eventhough I live in kaslik w ma fi jebhat hone haha!!!

Tenzakar w ma ten3ad

mephisto794

loooooooooool aslan it is soooo true!!!!! During the July war, I watched an entire season of Lost, 2 seasons of desperate housewives, 1 season of gost whisperer and 12 seasons of friends!
I gained 12 kilos coz of the coke, halawa, chips and late-night snacks.
I mastered 400, tarnib, 7.5 and learned poker.
Kept my windows slightly open...
and set the shelter eventhough I live in kaslik w ma fi jebhat hone haha!!!

Tenzakar w ma ten3ad

that's exactly the lifestyle we used to have during the 88-90 war (except that there were no DVDs yet!)...

Caramel,
next war n2allah rad, you'll have to be running from shelter to shelter in order to burn the calories gained in the past war :gun_bandana: