What's On Your Mind Right Now?

Indie

Legendary Member
Staff member
Yes people suck. My approach is simple I will not go out of my way for anyone who is not immediate family, and if they don't like it, they don't have to associate with me :) but by the same token I will be kind to everyone. Simple rule to live by.

If you want me to go out of my way for you, you now know the simple formula :)
Likewise. I learned my lesson. It still bothers me when people try to take advantage, though.

• Advertisement
  • My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Likewise. I learned my lesson. It still bothers me when people try to take advantage, though.
    If those "People" are only "people" in the sense they are not extremely close friends, then you may need to recalibrate your expectations on them.
    If you do consider them to be close friends, then you may have misjudged them for being something they are not, unworthy of your sacrifices/services, and therefore you are better off dumping them and await the real good stuff, even if it happens to be as rare as diamonds, but could also lie at arm's length…:)

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    If those "People" are only "people" in the sense they are not extremely close friends, then you may need to recalibrate your expectations on them.
    If you do consider them to be close friends, then you may have misjudged them for being something they are not, unworthy of your sacrifices/services, and therefore you are better off dumping them and await the real good stuff, even if it happens to be as rare as diamonds, but could also lie at arm's length…:)
    It's the second scenario, unfortunately. And my expectations are very low, even with those. Anyway...I have stopped communicating with such people a while ago. But once in a while they pop up...seemingly, to see what I'm up to...but soon enough the real intentions come out. Even though I know exactly what to expect from them, and I don't fall for their act, the reminder that so many people are this fake and selfish is disturbing.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you can't tell who the bride is at her own wedding, it's not a good sign!

Seriously did every single female guest really need a crown, a pastel colored long dress with a train and one even a veil? Completely ridiculous!

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    If you can't tell who the bride is at her own wedding, it's not a good sign!

Seriously did every single female guest really need a crown, a pastel colored long dress with a train and one even a veil? Completely ridiculous!
    Quel horreur. There is no more savoir-vivre. We live in an age of vulgarity.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ah the wonders of being a new mom... I smell like either milk or poop or a combination of both at all times! After 9 months of not drinking alcohol, you still cannot drink any alcohol! And you know those foods you're not allowed to eat? Well unless you want a crying baby all night long that list now includes CHOCOLATE!! you know the one guilty pleasure you could still enjoy when pregnant, yeah that's gone! And then your 3 week old daughter makes a cute sound or makes a grimace that slightly resembles a smile and you go nuts, you keep talking about it all day long to anyone who would listen like it's some sort of achievement!

Definitely worth it :)

SeaAb

Staff member
    Ah the wonders of being a new mom... I smell like either milk or poop or a combination of both at all times! After 9 months of not drinking alcohol, you still cannot drink any alcohol! And you know those foods you're not allowed to eat? Well unless you want a crying baby all night long that list now includes CHOCOLATE!! you know the one guilty pleasure you could still enjoy when pregnant, yeah that's gone! And then your 3 week old daughter makes a cute sound or makes a grimace that slightly resembles a smile and you go nuts, you keep talking about it all day long to anyone who would listen like it's some sort of achievement!

Definitely worth it :)
    Can't wait to see your baby and cat videos make it on TheDodo! :)

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I got an oddly shaped perfume bottle as a gift and had not used it yet, decided to use it today to see what it smells like... I spent longer than I would like to admit looking for the nozzle thing then got my eye uncomfortably close to the bottle to look for it, somehow pressed and lo and behold I was looking straight at the spray end thing!

TL;dr: accidentally sprayed myself in the eye with perfume, but I totally deserved it for being unbelievably stupid!

I got an oddly shaped perfume bottle as a gift and had not used it yet, decided to use it today to see what it smells like... I spent longer than I would like to admit looking for the nozzle thing then got my eye uncomfortably close to the bottle to look for it, somehow pressed and lo and behold I was looking straight at the spray end thing!

TL;dr: accidentally sprayed myself in the eye with perfume, but I totally deserved it for being unbelievably stupid!
    This makes trump jolly
    giphy.gif

SeaAb

Staff member

200.gif