What's the best way to invest $100,000?

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
I heard good things about BLF and Fransabank, but I was told Byblos are in deep shit since their failed investments in Turkey or was that Audi can't remember.
Yikes. I think Audi has a Turkey subsidiary, but don't know anything with respect to Byblos.

• Advertisement
  • NMA

NMA

buy 200,000,000 LBP....nem 3layon for a few months.....buy back USD when this circus is over and rate is back to 1500LBP for the $.
    that's 33,000 USD profit in a few months. 33%.
    catch'ing!

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
    Gold is also an idea u should maybe think through

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What monthly income can I expect to earn if I put $100,000 in a high interest-earning deposit account?

How much interest are Lebanese banks currently paying?
    By now you shouldve had your answer. Can you please tell us what it is. Forgive my pessimism.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    wow this thread aged so weirdly sees how the crisis felt looming for over a year now and BDL continued when they were supposedly experts on the matter!

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    By now you shouldve had your answer. Can you please tell us what it is. Forgive my pessimism.
    The guarantee on deposits has been recently raised to $50,000.
    So if you have a $100,000 deposit, and your bank defaults, you only lose $50,000.
    Not bad.

(The guaranteed amount was only $3,000 before that. Imagine)

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The guarantee on deposits has been recently raised to $50,000.
    So if you have a $100,000 deposit, and your bank defaults, you only lose $50,000.
    Not bad.

That is fine and dandy if you find someone credible to guarantee the guarantor because he is the main cause of the problem in liquidity. Dude if I were a moderator i would have banned you by now for mistaking Swaziland for lala land

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    The guarantee on deposits has been recently raised to 75,000,000 L.L.
    So if you have a $100,000 deposit, and your bank defaults, you only lose $100,000 - exchange rate * 75,000,000 L.L.
    Not bad.

took the liberty in rewriting your post with a small tweak if you can spot it...

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    took the liberty in rewriting your post with a small tweak if you can spot it...
    You can thank your FPM masters for that. You keep defending them.