1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to invest $100,000?

Discussion in 'Classified, Jobs, Education & Business' started by manifesto, May 26, 2017.

1. Guitaret

Guitaret New Member

31%
    I have seen the brochure and it is not a 9.65% yield. It is and I quote "Monthly increasing interest reaching a rate equivalent to as high as 9.65% Annually".

So it is something like this: 1% (1st month) 2% (2nd month) ... 9.65%(last month). And so if you average them out it would be something like 5%. And it sucks because you have to freeze your money for 18 month; I would hate to freeze my money for this period of time in this bad economy. I would prefer the 1 month or 3 month maturity for quick investment liquidation.

2. Impera

Impera Active Member

61%
    Yes I know, but 3 month maturity doesn't give you a significant interest rate (compared to 6 or 12) even if you deposit big amounts of money, i.e 500 000$.

3. Guitaret

Guitaret New Member

31%
    The difference is minor really ~0.2% year. On the other hand, what you lost in interest you gained in liquidation and options. You will have easily accessible cash if your visa arrived (for ex), or if you got a great deal on a place to buy (la2ta) : It is a lot easier to tell the guy I will give you deposit now and down payment after 2 weeks then it is to tell him I will give you down payment after 9 month. Anyway this is very convenient to me which may not be for others.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 420weblazeit

420weblazeit New Member

87%
    Invest in Spanish real estate, it's recovering, or Cypriot, then you get an 2qama you can get citizenship from

• Like Like x 1
  5. 420weblazeit

420weblazeit New Member

87%
    I want to add, to my previous reply. Our real estate agent (who is also a family friend) has been in Spain for 8 years, has married one of the top lawyers from Madrid, and has a connect with the banks' repossessions unit. She knows of properties before they are advertised, and when they are, they are usually snatched within 3 days... the house that teta just got was worth 85k€ but we got it for 39k€+1.5k€ for renovation, because the two brothers were bitching with each other about each others wife, or they were fighting over a woman, (not sure, don't care)... the fact is, Spain went through shit, property prices are on the rise, and you can pocket 400€ a week in rental income, times that by 4 weeks to a month, 1200€ per month, * 12 months in a year, 14,000€. 3 and something years and you got your investment back. Oh, and if we sell now, we can get 40k€, or we can wait it out, and then sell it for 120,000€, plus the money that we make while renting it out.

Me, I invested with none of my own money, using borrowed money (so I get the house for free, and the house pays itself off lmao). If anyone's interested, hit me up, I can elaborate, get you involved, etc

6. Michael Fuller

Michael Fuller New Member

41%
    open a pet company. visit Home is for sale.
    whatsapp +1(678) 453-6809

7. Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat Member
    Orange Room Supporter

61%
    do you hire sales people or sell pets and houses?

8. manifesto

manifesto Active Member

83%
    Screenshot_2017-09-17-04-15-32_1.jpg LOL I just noticed there's a picture of a mischievous Jew next to my question. WTF? Moderators @kmarthe @Indie @Jo I think you have some explaining to do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Impera

Impera Active Member

61%
    • Like Like x 1
  10. owsum

owsum Member

4%
    She would make a good mentor.
    Tell her I'm interested. I would work with her for free for 1 year. :p

11. manifesto

manifesto Active Member

83%
    LOL I somehow missed your post. Great story.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. owsum

owsum Member

4%
    @manifesto
    Hand me a copy yo

• Like Like x 1
  13. manifesto

manifesto Active Member

83%
    I recommend "Rich dad, poor dad" by Robert Kiyosaki.

It's full of valuable money lessons.

14. owsum

owsum Member

4%
    That one is a few books ahead on my reading list. I