WhatsApp will not be free anymore, 6$ charge in 2020

mikeys71

mikeys71

Ma jewabtne sadi2e, leh LF sawwato?
Nobody voted yet it was decided in a cabinet meeting, and when it goes to the Parliament will see who is voting with or against. Calm yourself down

• Advertisement
  • My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I need to use the bathroom. Is there a new fee detailing the cost? #1 should be cheaper than #2
    We're fair, we don't care if it's #1 or #2. We charge only for water usage. it's 90 cent / flash. Family discount for over 20 flashes/day.
    And before you object, kick and scream, your yearly water subscription covers only the transportation fee to your water pipes.
    If you're middle class or below and need to save money for your higher education or for vacation plans, we recommend you start training your stomach to be ketmeh for at least one week, preferably two.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    We're fair, we don't care if it's #1 or #2. We charge only for water usage. it's 90 cent / flash. Family discount for over 20 flashes/day.
    And before you object, kick and scream, your yearly water subscription covers only the transportation fee to your water pipes.
    If you're middle class or below and need to save money for your higher education or for vacation plans, we recommend you start training your stomach to be ketmeh for at least one week, preferably two.
    I have been called worse than a constipated uptight snob before. I even remember being called nice on a couple of occasions but i'm sure that was misundertood sarcasm from my side. I can hold my bladder for as long as humanly possible but when the fees are unclear one tends to overshit one's allotted amount and that can be tricky with a carefully balanced spending.
    I think i told you once that i do tend to spend more than i make and since clearly alla bya3ti, he must have mistaken me for someone else and this is where the plot thickens today. Praying for a more resilient bladder might prive to be a bit difficult now since i only petiton the Lord for debaucheries and decadent affairs and i feel i will be misunderstood from now on. Hence my dilema.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Nobody voted yet it was decided in a cabinet meeting, and when it goes to the Parliament will see who is voting with or against. Calm yourself down
    Cabinet meeting teb3in lal zou3ama

mikeys71

mikeys71

Cabinet meeting teb3in lal zou3ama
    كما شدد حاصباني أن “القوات تطالب بسلة إصلاحات متكاملة ومنها في قطاع الاتصالات، لافتاً الى أن فكرة النقاش حول اضافة الرسوم على التخابر عبر بروتوكول الانترنت (ما سمي بضريبة الواتساب) أمر معيب وغير مقبول في ظل الهدر القائم”.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

كما شدد حاصباني أن “القوات تطالب بسلة إصلاحات متكاملة ومنها في قطاع الاتصالات، لافتاً الى أن فكرة النقاش حول اضافة الرسوم على التخابر عبر بروتوكول الانترنت (ما سمي بضريبة الواتساب) أمر معيب وغير مقبول في ظل الهدر القائم”.
    Ya 5ayye ba3dak 3m ta3tine 7ake w press releases ana 3m b3tik we2i3. They unanimously agreed and it will pass.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Deep packet inspection can reduce network speed because it increases the work of firewall processors. A bunch of non technical people taking decisions that will cost them more than what it is going to bring them in income. Why don't they tax facebook instead on the adds Facebook splashes on Lebanese user pages?

Taxes by definition of their creation, are perceived so that governments can give better services to their electorate not to make services more expensive for everybody.

Zero understanding of governance zero understanding in the techniques they are advocating, yet the Lebanese people keep electing them.

Last edited:
    fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Deep packet inspection can reduce network speed because it increases the work of firewall processors. A bunch of non technical people taking decisions that will cost them more than what it is going to bring them in income. Why don't they tax facebook instead on the adds Facebook splashes on Lebanese user pages?

Taxes by definition of their creation, are perceived so that governments can give better services to their electorate not to make services more expensive for everybody.

Zero understanding of governance zero understanding in the techniques they are advocating, yet the Lebanese people keep electing them.

Can you elaborate more on the technical aspect?

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Can you elaborate more on the technical aspect?
    They can't read or listen to your whatsapp messages because they are encrypted end to end but they can block them or target them for making you pay more for them as they analyze the packet and know it is a message or a VoIP call, this analysis is done as the firewall level of ISPs or higher nodes where every packet is inspected. This additional inspection adds a network delay. Maybe they are already doing it to spy on every communication you have in this case the delay is already factored in their spying and the firewall is not overworked, but still they have to tag a VoIP call and send a signal somewhere to charge you extra money, that's another delay to account for in the network.

See below if you want to get more technical about the slow down DPI adds.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

They can't read or listen to your whatsapp messages because they are encrypted end to end but they can block them or target them for making you pay more for them as they analyze the packet and know it is a message or a VoIP call, this analysis is done as the firewall level of ISPs or higher nodes where every packet is inspected. This additional inspection adds a network delay. Maybe they are already doing it to spy on every communication you have in this case the delay is already factored in their spying and the firewall is not overworked, but still they have to tag a VoIP call and send a signal somewhere to charge you extra money, that's another delay to account for in the network.

See below if you want to get more technical about the slow down DPI adds.

It got leaked about 3-4 years ago that the Leb gov bought a spy software for millions of dollars to spy on its citizens.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Deep packet inspection can reduce network speed because it increases the work of firewall processors. A bunch of non technical people taking decisions that will cost them more than what it is going to bring them in income.
    Thank you!!

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member

It is not only DPI that is the problem and that we are not even close to having the infrastructure to build. They are able to give you a free whatsapp unlimited so they are kind of opening valves that they can close (probably provided by whatsapp to identify its crypted traffic)
    The bigger issue is that VoIP comes in all shapes and forms as in the 2000s you would say filter on UDP ports and ur golden but now it can be under tcp tunnelled through 18 layers of encryption that cannot be identified as our phone processors get more and more powerful. UAE has been trying for years and failing an app pops up every 2 days and free vpns are widely available and easy to install...
    This will end up being a bigger cost than the revenue it might generate.

cedarheart

cedarheart

I think this "whatsapp/VoIP tax" is simply a "Machiavellic" ruse: force a basket of many new taxes and fees out of which a main one will get the people's reaction and most media attention, let them all get angry about it, let them demonstrate, let them express anger, etc... then announce that you accept their protest and revoke that tax. What happens next: people will be happy of "their achievement", they'll celebrate and will forget about all of the other taxes you imposed on them....
    classic tactical move 101

They could have simply increased the price of data by few cents (VoIP uses data, it's not free, you pay for your call by using data) and I guarantee you almost no one would have even said a word.

our corrupt politicians and militiamen didn't manage to stay in power for so many years just like that, they are criminally minded, smart and know pretty well how to manipulate the people like a baker manipulates his dough

hopefully this time Lebanese don't fall for this ruse

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    What a shameless bunch. Wa2e7a aktar min heyk can't see. Nothing more to add.