WhatsApp will not be free anymore, 6$ charge in 2020

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

I think this "whatsapp/VoIP tax" is simply a "Machiavellic" ruse: force a basket of many new taxes and fees out of which a main one will get the people's reaction and most media attention, let them all get angry about it, let them demonstrate, let them express anger, etc... then announce that you accept their protest and revoke that tax. What happens next: people will be happy of "their achievement", they'll celebrate and will forget about all of the other taxes you imposed on them....
classic tactical move 101

They could have simply increased the price of data by few cents (VoIP uses data, it's not free, you pay for your call by using data) and I guarantee you almost no one would have even said a word.

our corrupt politicians and militiamen didn't manage to stay in power for so many years just like that, they are criminally minded, smart and know pretty well how to manipulate the people like a baker manipulates his dough

hopefully this time Lebanese don't fall for this ruse
With all due respect, but this is very naive. La enno el nes ma72oune 3l e5ir, baiting them to protest en masse is a time bomb that cannot be contained.

• Advertisement
  • R

Ralph N

one time I said they are putting park meters near the beach even on sundays... they are creating stress on people, this government, gebran bassil and aoun hariri joumblat beri all of them are in the end signing on papers on our suffering and they are taking our money...
    they should be banned all of them..enough is enough... kellon yanni kellon...now what app. tomorrow benzine the other day bread...khalasna..

wein el amlek el bahriye? why there isnt any taxes on the rich?.. kess ekhetkon ya haramiye..natrin el fa2ir 3al park meter yelle houwe manno lal dawle? houwe la najib mikati w frangier wa wa wa..?!!! kess ekhetkon ya hramiye... ayre bi yelle hatton had baytna...battal el wahad ye2dar yssef edem bayto...

sawra sawra sawra sawra...ayre fikon ya kleb....

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    This whatsapp taxes is probably only a bargaining by your dirty government michen ymar2ulon echya teniyeh!?
    Also everybody using voip nowdays must be big loss to the local telecom income maybe they should understand that their biggest incom should be the internet services.. times are changing and so they need to change too?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't get the Lebanese. They want economic reforms, yet they refuse taxes. How can we erase the deficit without taxes?

When there were far bigger reasons to protest, no one took to the streets. Only when the government threatened to impose a tax on Whatsapp calls, did they mobilize. The dumb Lebos can't live without their phones.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

I don't get the Lebanese. They want economic reforms, yet they refuse taxes. How can we erase the deficit without taxes?

When there were far bigger reasons to protest, no one took to the streets. Only when the government threatened to impose a tax on Whatsapp calls, did they mobilize. The dumb Lebos can't live without their phones.
    By reducing the corruption that's in the Billions.

Cedrus Libani

Cedrus Libani

Taxation without the provision of services is theft.

I

I am a man

Tayyar.org

الجراح : ٢٠ سنتا باليوم على "الواتساب كول" أي على التخابر عبر الواتساب أقرت في مجلس الوزراء ويبدأ العمل بها في ١ - ١ -٢٠٢٠

Ba3ed na2esskon fashal ya baheyem...
    I thought you were FPM

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Stupidity at its Max... and the people still are silent...

The streets should shock the Palaces of the 3 presidencies...

Khalas houwe eja Ra2iss joumhouriye w 3am bi mahed la gebran,,,ayro bel sha3eb...

Its stress on the people..they want it to explode...they are doing everything that in other countries will be the reason of their end of political career...only in Lebanon do those kind of orcs still control the population..
    You predicted the future.

R

Ralph N

You predicted the future.
    Thank you.
    You should see the prediction about Trump not only that but also about what he used in his presidential speech..
    Not the first time... something inside me always says Berris end is not easy....I am waiting for that..

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Roukoz calls for total governmental change.