Where does Lebanon buy its oil from?

UN520

UN520

A friend of mine has a client in Basra, Iraq who is rather desperate to get rid of some Basra crude. So I was just wondering if Lebanon was a possible off-taker. Where does Lebanon get its oil from nowadays? Does Lebanon has refining capasity? I know the Turkish powerships uses heavy oil, does that include Basra crude?

• Advertisement
  • Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    A friend of mine has a client in Basra, Iraq who is rather desperate to get rid of some Basra crude. So I was just wondering if Lebanon was a possible off-taker. Where does Lebanon get its oil from nowadays? Does Lebanon has refining capasity? I know the Turkish powerships uses heavy oil, does that include Basra crude?
    For the electricity generators from all the corruption talk we seem to buy from Algeria through Sonatrach and local corrupt companies.
    We had refining capacity back when tripoli's refineries were not detroyed but today no we only buy refined oil.

As for the rest of the imports i think every company buys itself from its suppliers.

Are storage capacities in Iraq full already?!

UN520

UN520

For the electricity generators from all the corruption talk we seem to buy from Algeria through Sonatrach and local corrupt companies.
    We had refining capacity back when tripoli's refineries were not detroyed but today no we only buy refined oil.

As for the rest of the imports i think every company buys itself from its suppliers.

Are storage capacities in Iraq full already?!
    Its very close, and they are definitely worried and anxious about the possibility of having to close down wells.