Which Muslim country will become safe for LGBT first?

Who will be first?

• Gulf, incl. Oman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Upper Levant (Syria and Lebanon)

• Lower Levant (Jordan and Palestine)

• Iraq

• Turkey

• Caucasus (think Chechnya and Azerbaijan)

• Iran

• Sahel (Senegal through Sudan essentially)

• Horn of Africa

• Egypt

• Central Asia

• South Asia

• Southeast Asia

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
epedep

epedep

As far as I thought about it, there has been an inevitable pro-LGBT and other liberal momentum in all Islamic countries except Yemen. Even the Gulf, Sahel and Caspian countries are affected by this momentum. Now the question is, which Islamic nation will be first to become reasonably safe for LGBT people first? Exclude Bosnia, Kosovo and Albania since they're in Europe themselves.

• Advertisement
  • epedep

epedep

Oh god I think I should've put this in the social board

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

None. Islam calls the death penalty for homosexuals.

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    This one's easy, Tunisia

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Have you two heard of Bosnia and Albania?
    Albanian Muslims are mostly becoming atheists or going back to their Christian roots. Not only because of the Hoxha communist regime which prohibited religion, but Albanians remember the they were heavily oppressed during the Ottoman occupation when they were converted by force, hence Albanians hate Turks.

Albanians also identify with their ethnicity rather than religion before anything else, both Albanian Muslims and Christians believe to be the same ethnic group and share the same ethnic identity. It's a common saying amongst Albanian Muslims and Christians that the religion of Albanians is 'Albanianism'.

So for that to happen in Lebanon, Lebanese Christians and Muslims would have to share the same ethnic identity, then Lebanese Muslims might start abandoning Islam. But for now, both Lebanese Christians and Muslims believe to be different ethnic groups, the former believe to be native to the land who were heavily oppressed by Arabian Muslims while the latter proudly claim to be descendants of the violent Arabian conquerors who oppressed the former.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Off the top of my head, maybe the thousands of LGBT+ individuals facing prison or the death penalty for just being who they are.
    that is a tiny consequence of a major problem of freedoms in the region. we are sick of the LGBTQ issues occupying every single space there is. when was the last person executed in the arab world for being gay? we have thousands of more important and existential issues than which d*** goes in which hole. seriously.

N

NewLeb

As far as I thought about it, there has been an inevitable pro-LGBT and other liberal momentum in all Islamic countries except Yemen. Even the Gulf, Sahel and Caspian countries are affected by this momentum. Now the question is, which Islamic nation will be first to become reasonably safe for LGBT people first? Exclude Bosnia, Kosovo and Albania since they're in Europe themselves.
    They’re pretty safe already as long as they don’t flaunt it. But we all know just how much gay people need to tell others around them that they’re gay....